Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424920 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:45pm On Mar 06, 2020
coscj:

Nice. Any tips on how to scale through that test, been try it 4 weeks
Understand the guideline or you'll have to run in circles forever. Even the Transcription test requires that you understand their guideline. You can watch YouTube videos also.
Major tip, run the audio file through Otter, paste it in the editor and edit according to their rules. Ensure your punctuation is tip top.
I had to eliminate inaudibles from what seemed like impossible sections.
Google phrase, names, location etc.

If you fall the audio test, you can always try again after a few days.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Samxie(m): 7:46pm On Mar 06, 2020
samsard:
Read the guideline (their FAQ). I actually failed the test part severally before taking a break and checking properly.
You have to digest their guideline before passing the quiz test and even the audio Transcription test.
Watch YouTube videos and you'll get SOME, but you have to understand it else you'd waste a lot of effort.

The quiz is easy. It's the audio test that is a bit tasking. That's because they have some extra rules, when it comes to their transcripts. And the test I saw was long o. Almost 4 minutes.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:48pm On Mar 06, 2020
Samxie:

The quiz is easy. It's the audio test that is a bit tasking. That's because they have some extra rules, when it comes to their transcripts. And the test I saw was long o. Almost 4 minutes.
They shuffle the questions every 24 hours. I happened to have had an extremely tricky one for the first 24 hours. The ones on YouTube were easy. The rules are not really hard if you take it seriously.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Samxie(m): 8:01pm On Mar 06, 2020
samsard:
They shuffle the questions every 24 hours. I happened to have had an extremely tricky one for the first 24 hours. The ones on YouTube were easy. The rules are not really hard if you take it seriously.

Very true. I'll take on that their test when I'm settled. Payoneer payment is the motivating factor. wink
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by adeniyi997: 8:09pm On Mar 06, 2020
samsard:
Read the guideline (their FAQ). I actually failed the test part severally before taking a break and checking properly.
You have to digest their guideline before passing the quiz test and even the audio Transcription test.
Watch YouTube videos and you'll get SOME, but you have to understand it else you'd waste a lot of effort.
. Thanks i actually did all these but still couldnt figure it out for example what do you think is the answer to this.
cool If there is a sentence, “Last month, I went to Warsaw, the capital of Poland’’ but a speaker pronounces it as Varshav, how will you transcribe the name of the capital?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 8:49pm On Mar 06, 2020
adeniyi997:
. Thanks i actually did all these but still couldnt figure it out for example what do you think is the answer to this.
cool If there is a sentence, “Last month, I went to Warsaw, the capital of Poland’’ but a speaker pronounces it as Varshav, how will you transcribe the name of the capital?
You use the proper spelling, it's even stated in their guideline.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by danthamccoy(m): 9:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
Greatihex:
sorry, if you thought it that way. I was just trying to state the fact.

The funding circle calls can really be a pain in the ass. The pay for their calls is always higher than others.
My apologies. Even as I typed that I considered you probably mean it that way. But this is Nairaland after all.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by danthamccoy(m): 9:45pm On Mar 06, 2020
samsard:
Hey, I just got accepted into GoT yesterday. Care to share some tips? The pay is better but the audios are usually fragmented into 10 minute files.
To be honest, even though I passed the test several months ago, I've only done a single job. Transcription is something I hoped I'd simply do on the side for a little extra cash but it takes a lot of time to earn anything meaningful.
The site is quite easy to navigate and you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. Make sure you read the Guidelines religiously several times and follow it at all times. The editors are very strict. Try to stick to an average rating of 4 to 4.5 if you can. If you pick a work and start and then notice it will prove more difficult that you thought, drop it as soon as you can to avoid punishment for delays.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by danthamccoy(m): 9:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
adeniyi997:
That is the pronunciation. Spell as Warsaw. You don't spell "knife" as "nife" because it's the correct pronunciation.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Torch1(m): 10:15pm On Mar 06, 2020
crystalwox:
I see u Sir. GT is better than these Philippines company Wahala. Just that getting on GT platform is the hard thing. It's much easier compared to QA. All these their release token rules sef is the worst part of it. All these third world company must sha show themselves. Kudos to all the guys doing over 400 minutes on QA, I guess u guys should try gt, becoming an editor in a short while will be easy if u put in same quality and effort
Does GT has abundant calls like QA. Somebody can make $10 a day in QA because there are always calls to pick, is that same in GT?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 10:30pm On Mar 06, 2020
samsard:
Hey, I just got accepted into GoT yesterday. Care to share some tips? The pay is better but the audios are usually fragmented into 10 minute files.

Congrats bro.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:31pm On Mar 06, 2020
danthamccoy:

To be honest, even though I passed the test several months ago, I've only done a single job. Transcription is something I hoped I'd simply do on the side for a little extra cash but it takes a lot of time to earn anything meaningful.
The site is quite easy to navigate and you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. Make sure you read the Guidelines religiously several times and follow it at all times. The editors are very strict. Try to stick to an average rating of 4 to 4.5 if you can. If you pick a work and start and then notice it will prove more difficult that you thought, drop it as soon as you can to avoid punishment for delays.
Transcription is not an easy task, but it brings some pocket money grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 10:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
Wait ooo, these 1min, 2mins calls still dey on ground. What's happening I don't understand.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 11:11pm On Mar 06, 2020
samsard:
Transcription is not an easy task, but it brings some pocket money grin

Is it even true that one can transcribe a 1hour call with 3-4hours
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 11:40pm On Mar 06, 2020
Torch1:

Does GT has abundant calls like QA. Somebody can make $10 a day in QA because there are always calls to pick, is that same in GT?
not only that. I just checked their guidelines and I found out that extra tools like otter and grammarly is highly needed to be able to do a good job.
Also, looking from the guidelines, doing the job will pretty be more demanding and time consuming compared to QAWorld that has made things easy with their platform.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Torch1(m): 12:09am On Mar 07, 2020
Greatihex:
not only that. I just checked their guidelines and I found out that extra tools like otter and grammarly is highly needed to be able to do a good job.
Also, looking from the guidelines, doing the job will pretty be more demanding and time consuming compared to QAWorld that has made things easy with their platform.
QA is lenient and not that demanding, I think that's why their pay is relatively low but even at that, one can still make 60k, 80k, 100k and above. Someone doesn't need to have the skill of a transcriptionist to be making money there. Just know basic grammar, punctuation rules, and active listening.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 12:19am On Mar 07, 2020
berbs:

Is it even true that one can transcribe a 1hour call with 3-4hours
Yes, depends on audio quality and editing/typing speed.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 12:38am On Mar 07, 2020
Torch1:

QA is lenient and not that demanding, I think that's why their pay is relatively low but even at that, one can still make 60k, 80k, 100k and above. Someone doesn't need to have the skill of a transcriptionist to be making money there. Just know basic grammar, punctuation rules, and active listening.
True. Imagine having to type speaker labels, time stamps and the whole audio (if not using a transcription app).

In fact, in QAWorld, the main thing that usually gets someone fail to pass a transcript is, altered content. With punctuation, capitalization, sentence errors, one can still get a passing mark as long he/she follows the easy FAQ formats.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 1:36am On Mar 07, 2020
samsard:
Yes, depends on audio quality and editing/typing speed.
Mehn, I don't think I can even move close to that level with these QA-world kinda calls.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Odunolamide: 8:30am On Mar 07, 2020
How I wish the UBA Africard could work again. To get a better call na stress. To work on a call and get a better rate na serious prayer because of rater 30&21. Even to sell out our *FUND* now na serious Yawa. Abeg waiting man go do now?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Bumblebee77: 8:46am On Mar 07, 2020
QA world be messing me up with back to back 2 rating. cryQA
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by foluwaseyi: 8:48am On Mar 07, 2020
Please, who knows if webshop is still buying?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by bisisho(f): 9:49am On Mar 07, 2020
Odunolamide:
How I wish the UBA Africard could work again. To get a better call na stress. To work on a call and get a better rate na serious prayer because of rater 30&21. Even to sell out our *FUND* now na serious Yawa. Abeg waiting man go do now?

Sell your PayPal funds at a cool rate. Kindly pm me for details.
#noscamzone#
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 10:52am On Mar 07, 2020
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Iyazking: 10:53am On Mar 07, 2020
bisisho:

#noscamzone#

How trusted are you here??

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 10:55am On Mar 07, 2020
bisisho:

#noscamzone#
Webshop we know, Thorvick we know, who are you? Who can attest to your credibility?

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Odunolamide: 11:00am On Mar 07, 2020
Mekanus:
Webshop we know, Thorvick we know, who are you? Who can attest to your credibility?
that's my point Boss.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 11:27am On Mar 07, 2020
Odunolamide:
that's my point Boss.
Na so my brother.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sunny915: 12:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
Grammarly premium available for sale
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 12:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
scribie.com/freelance-transcription?rc=2106ef946c094d148c40a83e6b0d42dc4741aa53#intro

If you can stomach the low pay (there's a tier system though), then sign up on Scribie via my link by copying and pasting the above link in your browser, if you have a verified PayPal. Their audios are clear and speaker tags are not necessary.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by COdeGenesis: 12:45pm On Mar 07, 2020
Mekanus:

Webshopng is very reliable though. But exchanging is a profitable business o. 4k profit daily.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 1:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
COdeGenesis:

Webshopng is very reliable though. But exchanging is a profitable business o. 4k profit daily.
4k only? They make more than that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.