Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424981 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Torch1(m): 10:20am On Apr 06, 2020
Mekanus:
Honestly, I wonder where those guys get the calls. I know how I struggle to even reach 200 minutes this period of call draught and somebody is doing 900 minutes. Is there any other badge higher than the Gold badge? Or is it because I'm using smartphone and I don't get to see calls? I'm really confused.
I think some of those accounts on the leaderboard are insiders. There are virtually no calls on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, yet they're hitting 600, 700, 900 minutes.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:22am On Apr 06, 2020
Mekanus:
Honestly, I wonder where those guys get the calls. I know how I struggle to even reach 200 minutes this period of call draught and somebody is doing 900 minutes. Is there any other badge higher than the Gold badge? Or is it because I'm using smartphone and I don't get to see calls? I'm really confused.
grin grin grin grin They have diamond badge na cheesy
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by skywalker95(m): 10:25am On Apr 06, 2020
Bros Efosa, abeg no lie oooh. Shebi una get una own separate queue.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 10:27am On Apr 06, 2020
samsard:
grin grin grin grin They have diamond badge na cheesy
Really?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 10:27am On Apr 06, 2020
skywalker95:
Help me ask am abeg.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by finest0007(m): 10:36am On Apr 06, 2020
samsard:
My rating crashed, so I'm building back up. I chatted with an editor today and you wouldn't believe how much some of them are able to make

I'm on 4.6. Yeah I know some of them make $20 easily in an hour or two but they're usually those with a lot of experience. Even heard some making $70+ on a file that takes maybe 4 hours to finish.

Any luck with the subtitling?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:43am On Apr 06, 2020
Mekanus:
Really?
Just joking cheesy
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:44am On Apr 06, 2020
finest0007:

I'm on 4.6. Yeah I know some of them make $20 easily in an hour or two but they're usually those with a lot of experience. Even heard some making $70+ on a file that takes maybe 4 hours to finish.

Any luck with the subtitling?
I'm yet to try. I would gladly take $20 for a two hour editing angry than typing heaven and earth cheesy

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ayipo247(m): 12:49pm On Apr 06, 2020
Hi, @samsard and others. I took the GoTranscript test on Saturday and submitted, which they said they would review between 30 days. On logging in now. I click on APPLY and met the same test again with even the answers I gave still there.

Does that mean, I lost the test or what?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 1:30pm On Apr 06, 2020
ayipo247:
Hi, @samsard and others. I took the GoTranscript test on Saturday and submitted, which they said they would review between 30 days. On logging in now. I click on APPLY and met the same test again with even the answers I gave still there.

Does that mean, I lost the test or what?
Yes.
If you're able to take the test again then you failed.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ayipo247(m): 2:01pm On Apr 06, 2020
All right, is there a way to get the test answer like QA World?

The test is about a lady talking about Remote Work.

samsard:
Yes.
If you're able to take the test again then you failed.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2020
ayipo247:
All right, is there a way to get the test answer like QA World?

The test is about a lady talking about Remote Work.

No shortcuts, oga. If you copy and paste answers without doing your due diligence, I can assure you that you're going to fail.
Gotranscript is not Qaworld.
Even tenured transcribers who got deactivated due to inactivity aren't finding it easy to get back.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 2:48pm On Apr 06, 2020
Abeg bros wey dey GoT make una try help us get in, this QA don cast.

cc. Samsard et. al
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2020
houzing:

cc. Samsard et. al
cheesy But some people still dey do 1000 minutes na
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 2:52pm On Apr 06, 2020
houzing:

cc. Samsard et. al
You go see call for GoT but e fit too hard cheesy
Just apply write the quiz and take the audio test. You're allowed multiple retakes if you fail. No need to use new email every time.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Hausa(m): 3:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
toluxe0075:
Every time I see the leaderboard with over 500 minutes transcribed in this time of scarcity, I keep wondering if those guys see different call list or I'm lazy or those guys on the leaderboard are alien. cry undecided
Arlen and her fans on slack can say whatever they want to say...
Constantly and dedicatedly looking at your screen from Monday to Sunday wouldn't have given you 500 minutes of calls as a Gold member in this scarce period.

If you support Arlene and you have a Gold badge, try it yourself and see.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 3:24pm On Apr 06, 2020
Torch1:

I think some of those accounts on the leaderboard are insiders. There are virtually no calls on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, yet they're hitting 600, 700, 900 minutes.
Point of correction. There are calls 24/7. If your patient like the vulture, you go see your own collect for there. They come and go in microseconds/seconds especially if its 5-10 calls. Mind you, there is lockdown worldwide so everybody is working full-time for now unless you have other side gigs. If you know you wanna work for three hours, you gotta dedicate that time to QA-World by looking at the screen until the calls pop. It's well.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
Hausa:
Arlen and her fans on slack can say whatever they want to say...
Constantly and dedicatedly looking at your screen from Monday to Sunday wouldn't have given you 500 minutes of calls as a Gold member in this scarce period.

If you support Arlene and you have a Gold badge, try it yourself and see.
It's possible Hausa.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 3:31pm On Apr 06, 2020
Try to transcribe all the calls you claim whether FC UK or CLAs without releasing any cos of bad audio or accent. Not talking about IVR, voicemail or Rep-Rep type of calls. You'll find out that the least you'll do on a week would be like 500plus.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 3:36pm On Apr 06, 2020
samsard:
You go see call for GoT but e fit too hard cheesy
Just apply write the quiz and take the audio test. You're allowed multiple retakes if you fail. No need to use new email every time.
I'm yet to get a reply from them.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:09pm On Apr 06, 2020
berbs:

I'm yet to get a reply from them.
Try taking the test again. If you're allowed to take the test then you failed.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 5:25pm On Apr 06, 2020
samsard:
Try taking the test again. If you're allowed to take the test then you failed.
Oopsie
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 5:50pm On Apr 06, 2020
berbs:

Point of correction. There are calls 24/7. If your patient like the vulture, you go see your own collect for there. They come and go in microseconds/seconds especially if its 5-10 calls. Mind you, there is lockdown worldwide so everybody is working full-time for now unless you have other side gigs. If you know you wanna work for three hours, you gotta dedicate that time to QA-World by looking at the screen until the calls pop. It's well.
today's own have been different.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prenom: 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
skywalker95:

It's the same queue. And when calls are relatively scarce both gold and silver badge users do share the same queue.

Also, the new auto-refresh feature works best with a very good network reception, that's one downside of the new feature. Because most of the time calls are being uploaded intermittently and you might not see them if your reception is quite poor.

But there are always calls at night, mostly FC-calls. You could pick a long one, sleep if you have to and transcribe it at your own convenience.

Other than that, we all have the same queue.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prenom: 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
berbs:
Try to transcribe all the calls you claim whether FC UK or CLAs without releasing any cos of bad audio or accent. Not talking about IVR, voicemail or Rep-Rep type of calls. You'll find out that the least you'll do on a week would be like 500plus.

Exactly. Especially the IVR part, some of the FC-calls have them in abundance lately. So a 20mins FC call might just be 4mins of transcribing work to do.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 8:43pm On Apr 06, 2020
Prenom:

It's the same queue. And when calls are relatively scarce both gold and silver badge users do share the same queue.

Also, the new auto-refresh feature works best with a very good network reception, that's one downside of the new feature. Because most of the time calls are being uploaded intermittently and you might not see them if your reception is quite poor.

But there are always calls at night, mostly FC-calls. You could pick a long one, sleep if you have to and transcribe it at your own convenience.

Other than that, we all have the same queue.
for me, night be like the worst time. I no dey see anything. Nothing!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Hausa(m): 10:25pm On Apr 06, 2020
Prenom:

Exactly. Especially the IVR part, some of the FC-calls have them in abundance lately. So a 20mins FC call might just be 4mins of transcribing work to do.
Right. And then enough to hit over 900+ calls in about 6 days.

Interesting.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by fmcjunior(m): 11:36pm On Apr 06, 2020
this thing is getting hard...I got only $4 for a week
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by phranklyn92(m): 11:44pm On Apr 06, 2020
grin I'm telling you. Mine's $7.
It's the corona thing I'm sure
fmcjunior:
this thing is getting hard...I got only $4 for a week
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by fmcjunior(m): 11:47pm On Apr 06, 2020
phranklyn92:
grin I'm telling you. Mine's $7. It's the corona thing I'm sure
since when have you been in QA...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by phranklyn92(m): 9:08am On Apr 07, 2020
fmcjunior:
since when have you been in QA...
last month
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by elantraceey(f): 10:04am On Apr 07, 2020
Greatihex:
for me, night be like the worst time. I no dey see anything. Nothing!

Check 1am on the dot from Tuesdays to Saturdayz there's always calls , just that it's usually Funding Circle or Clh, I have to patiently watch the queue for minutes or hours before I see a PF or QA call

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.