Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,719 members, 7,813,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me (937 Views)

How I Was Scammed By A German Company (payever) / Marketing Partners Needed As GNLD Distributors / BEWARE!!!! Zemandi Is Scamming Many Writers And Treating Most Writers Like Crap! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by DJBIGGY(m): 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2019
In 2014 I just finished NYSC and moved to Ilorin to seek jobs and also pursue my masters degree. I applied God knows how many jobs online in a bid to explore opportunities. One night as I was doing my usual evening browsing, i got a text message to come for an interview at lumex school around Taiwo. I was glad that 'opportunities' were knocking on my doors, which prompted me to iron my packet shirt and chinos to get ready for the big day.

The interview was slated for 10a.m and I already got my ass there before 9a.m. I met other people waiting and got excited to be part of those who will slug things out for the post of Video editor. We all waited patiently until some people in clean suit came by and informed us the interview would commence shortly. We all composed ourselves so that they won't find an opportunity to disqualify anybody.

At about 10:30, the 'interview' commenced. Little did we know that what was meant to be an interview, turned out to be an 8 hours lectures where we were lectured about how network marketing is that next big thing and how we don't need our certificates to earn millions. At the end of the lectures, we were asked to pay the sum of 10k for registration fees and licensing to be part of them. Those that opted out didn't waste no time. I was having my doubts about its genuineity and told my dad that I will not go for it. This man gave me the money that night and pressured me to go, that something good could come out of it. If not for home training, I would have disobeyed and squandered the money, but I didn't want my ancestors to swear for my future generations. I went the next day and paid. They told me I would commence training on health talks and plan how we can make money of it.
Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by DJBIGGY(m): 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2019
I'm driving right now.... As soon as I get home, I will continue to gist you on the matter. Kindly follow this post for more updates
Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by fringz11(m): 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2019
I.agibe
Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by DJBIGGY(m): 4:18pm On Jun 26, 2019
Training began and I was beginning to learn things about the human body. Days turned to weeks and weeks entered a month. Nobody mentioned anything about payment. As we entered the second week of the second month, I had to summon courage to ask why I hadn't been paid till then. They told me that the previous month was meant for training and that we would get paid in the current month. MUMU ME!!! I believed them and I continued with the training.

The second month came to an end and I brazed myself to ask how far the salary payment. The topic changed that for as long as we don't pay 'step money's we cannot receive alert from GNLD. Step money is money paid to buy their products for us to sell. I now asked how much is the minimum and they told me it was 40k. After payment, they can legally allow me to do public health talks and sell supplements. I knew I had entered one chance but since my money for registration wasn't really mine, it didn't pay me as such because I warned my old man.

I then made up my mind that I will recover every money spent from license, to transportation to feeding and miscellaneous. I spent three days in my room scheming and scheming how to achieve my new objective. I never knew i had small yahoo boys skills until that day.

1 Like

Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by theunnamed: 4:19pm On Jun 26, 2019
You couldn't wait to get home before you started the story? angry
SMH
Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by DJBIGGY(m): 4:19pm On Jun 26, 2019
Sorry abeg I wan chop. Hunger don finish my career. Will be back soon to update some more

1 Like

Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by DJBIGGY(m): 4:20pm On Jun 26, 2019
theunnamed:
You couldn't wait to get home before you started the story? angry
SMH

Lol sorry sire... I've update some more

1 Like

Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by okirewaju(f): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
Things are happening
Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by Realbelieveer(m): 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2019
Lol. Make I balance well. Those people do me shege too. Maybe I fit go do them yahoo back
Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by DJBIGGY(m): 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
My first tactic to try and get my money back was to get a public place where one can go health talks. I got a government agency in Ilorin and they were expecting me and the crew. I gave the GNLD staff feedback that I got a place and they wanted us to have a meeting. They asked for the name of the agency but I was smart enough to hide the name (for fear that they might go behind and run the package behind me). They categorically told me that they can only go if I pay step money, no matter how little. That was the opportunity I needed to hear to stage my grand plan. I asked them if I could buy just one, was it enough for the meeting? They quickly agreed and told me to bring the sum of 4k to buy one (it's sold to outsiders for 7k sha).

I went home that day and took a risk. I borrowed money from a friend for me to buy the product. I now asked them to give me like five to test and see if we could sell more than one. They were glad and quickly agreed to give me. That was how I was allowed to go to the agency with a team.

1 Like

Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by DJBIGGY(m): 4:45pm On Jun 26, 2019
The D day came and we went to deliver the health talk. Since I was the one who brought them to the place, I was opportune to deliver the health talk. That was how I delivered and was also able to advertise the supplements to the civil servants there. Through persuasion, I was able to sell four supplements on the spot and the last one was sold on credit. All in all, 28k was with me physically as I sold them for 7k each. 12k gain was made because company price is sold at 4k. I was now asked to dump the money in a specific bank account for me to pay my suppose debt. Nobody borrowed me sense to instruct me to head straight to my house. I blocked the fools from calling me and all social media handle. They never saw me again. It took a week to get the last 7k from a civil servant. I was able to get my money complete and moved on with my life.

All in all, I spent roughly 20k total in the name of pursuing a career with GNLD and I not only recovered my money, I also had spare cash or 15k to myself. Since then, i vowed if I smell anything related to GNLD, I will run with my shoes in my hands. I knew how I was psychologically messed up thinking how to get my money back. It was God that helped my life. That was how a scammer ended up being scammed by a naive fresh graduate at the time, who didn't know the pros and cons or online job applications.

1 Like

Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by DJBIGGY(m): 4:45pm On Jun 26, 2019
Realbelieveer:
Lol. Make I balance well. Those people do me shege too. Maybe I fit go do them yahoo back

Lol
Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by faruku104(m): 4:48pm On Jun 26, 2019
DJBIGGY:
In 2014 I just finished NYSC and moved to Ilorin to seek jobs and also pursue my masters degree. I applied God knows how many jobs online in a bid to explore opportunities. One night as I was doing my usual evening browsing, i got a text message to come for an interview at lumex school around Taiwo. I was glad that 'opportunities' were knocking on my doors, which prompted me to iron my packet shirt and chinos to get ready for the big day.

The interview was slated for 10a.m and I already got my ass there before 9a.m. I met other people waiting and got excited to be part of those who will slug things out for the post of Video editor. We all waited patiently until some people in clean suit came by and informed us the interview would commence shortly. We all composed ourselves so that they won't find an opportunity to disqualify anybody.

At about 10:30, the 'interview' commenced. Little did we know that what was meant to be an interview, turned out to be an 8 hours lectures where we were lectured about how network marketing is that next big thing and how we don't need our certificates to earn millions. At the end of the lectures, we were asked to pay the sum of 10k for registration fees and licensing to be part of them. Those that opted out didn't waste no time. I was having my doubts about its genuineity and told my dad that I will not go for it. This man gave me the money that night and pressured me to go, that something good could come out of it. If not for home training, I would have disobeyed and squandered the money, but I didn't want my ancestors to swear for my future generations. I went the next day and paid. They told me I would commence training on health talks and plan how we can make money of it.

Hmm following this thread right away
Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by wayisshut: 8:43pm On Jun 26, 2019
well . Everyone has story to tell in our present day naija. You just told yours
Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 27, 2019
DJBIGGY:

Not only GNLD,many jobs in Nigeria today are scams I.e marketing and networking. Have u ever seen reputable companies running adverts for job openings?? Even of late,u see some set of hustlers like u telling u they write professional CVS to get u a job whereas they ain't got a job themselves. Everyone in the country now is into scam to survive.

U were actually smart and got ur money back.
Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 27, 2019
Join different job groups and see the type of rubbish job adverts they post on daily basis just to create traffic on their sites whereas all those openings are pure fake....

Go and register with a recruitment company like ebonylinks,they collect money from u to file ur documents and will.continue giving u stories they v not gotten any opening for ur field but they never thought of that before demanding money for documentation....

Am forced to stop believing anyone in d country. Pple are walking with dead conscience in d country. Deceits and lies are the order of d day. Just stay focused and ignore them,that's all
Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by calculator123(m): 9:05am On Jun 27, 2019
When the hunter become the hunted
Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by DJBIGGY(m): 9:13am On Jun 27, 2019
xscoffy:

Not only GNLD,many jobs in Nigeria today are scams I.e marketing and networking. Have u ever seen reputable companies running adverts for job openings?? Even of late,u see some set of hustlers like u telling u they write professional CVS to get u a job whereas they ain't got a job themselves. Everyone in the country now is into scam to survive.

U were actually smart and got ur money back.

Thanks man.... It's actually pathetic scenario and we keep blaming government for everything, when we are not doing anything to help ourselves... May God just help us all.
Re: How I Scammed GNLD For Scamming Me by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2019
DJBIGGY:

Thanks man.... It's actually a pathetic scenario and we keep blaming government for everything, when we are not doing anything to help ourselves... May God just help us all.

Check nairaland job section,all jobs being posted there is done by bloggers seeking for views in their site and when u complain,they say we shud report them and after reporting their post,nothing is being done about. That section is pure sh1t and am beginning to believe some of the mods are behind those rubbish

(1) (Reply)

Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? / Please Nairalanders, What Do I Do About My Current Lack Of Money? / Read: Have You Had These Experiences?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.