Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

My Memo: International Day Against Drug Abuse - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Memo: International Day Against Drug Abuse (224 Views)

Qatar Ambassador Ali Al-hajri Endorses Campaign Against Drug / SIZA Foundation Unveiled, Launches Book On Fight Against Drug Among Youths / Drug Abuse: Slaymama Poses With Bottles Of Codeine Syrup And Milk. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Memo: International Day Against Drug Abuse by bolajeebabz(m): 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
Against the regular dosage of two(2) , he pealed six pills of paracetamol, with a glass of water he washed it down his body system. "Why did you do that?" I exclaimed because I was terrified. "My brother, my work need a lot of energy ooo. That is how I stay kakaraka" he explained. Nonchalantly, he continued "Two doses has never worked for me. In fact four tablets stopped working for me since last year, so I am now using six(6)".Been ignorant of the danger, our MCM keeps building his line of defence; why he needed to stay on course with drug abuse. From his body language, he thought he had just discovered a drug-hacked. Pitifully, I shook my head. He was surprised I didn't give him accolade for his presumed 'heroic discovery'.

Okay. Last week I was down having fever so I took ACT drug because I know I was badly bitten by mosquitoes the weeks before. After completion of my dosage, I was still looking unhealthy. In between that moment was when a distance relative saw my not-too-good look, she asked what the problem was and I told her. Next she was all out posing as a health practitioner; drugs prescription followed. "See Tunde, goan take 4pills of chloramphenicol 500mg and dissolve with a bottle of 7Up , then drink everything lobatan, what ever is wrong with you will be out with your urine". With my eyes widely opened and almost out of there sockets, she saw the horrific look on my face so she asked "Why are you looking at me as if I said you should go and commit suicide?" Then I found my voice "In fact that is the definition. You just literally told me to go and buy myself a grave". "But I have been taking it for God knows when and I am still alive"; another line of defence from our WCW, who out of ignorant is abusing drug intake. So the sermon from me begins:

*Being alive at the moment doesn't mean you have not been double ticking the count down with the expiry date you set for your life by the over-usage of drugs you've engaged in.

*Many people out there have placed their life on a ticking time bomb by being addicted to one or two drugs

*Bright futures have been washed down the drain; young champs never live to see the bright of the day; geniuses died with unexplored potentials, all thanks to abuse of drugs like codeine, tramadol, and many over-the-counter drugs.

*Our drug-control policy should actively be deploy.
*Drugs are not Biscuit, they shouldn't be hawk.
*Only certified pharmacist should sell drugs.
*No pharmacist should dispense control-drugs without seeing doctor's prescription note.

Let's save our generation to come from destruction. Together we can stop uprooting our seeds before they germinate. "It is easier to stay off drugs than to get off drugs"

(1) (Reply)

Bed Bug Fumigation Services / How To Make Organic Acne Bar Soap/acne Treatment / Automated Surgery - Understanding The Advantages Of It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.