Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria (2900 Views)

Where Do I Get Yellow Fever Vaccination Card For Traveling, In Lagos / Where To Get Yellow Fever Vaccination Card In Port Harcourt And Ibadan / These Are Easy Ways To Get Your Yellow Fever Certificate In 5 Days - FAAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria by klassme: 8:57am On Jun 27, 2019
Please, where and how much can i get the yellow card within Nigeria. Heard it is now gotten via electronic means,
Re: Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria by emorodili: 11:18am On Jun 27, 2019
With 4K you will finish all the processes at the Port Health Service, Federal Ministry of Health, Benin City, Edo state
klassme:
Please, where and how much can i get the yellow card within Nigeria. Heard it is now gotten via electronic means,
Re: Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria by klassme: 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2019
emorodili:
With 4K you will finish all the processes at the Port Health Service, Federal Ministry of Health, Benin City, Edo state

Thank you.
Re: Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria by lightdream: 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2019
2k in lasgidi. I use same to ghana.
Re: Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria by klassme: 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2019
Nigerian govt to phase out old yellow card July 1 – Official

The Nigerian government will phase out the old version of the yellow card from July 1, the Ministry of Health announced on Friday.

The ministry said in a press statement signed by its director of media, Boade Akinola, that the new e-Yellow card, which was introduced in August 2017, will become the only valid document proof of vaccination against Yellow Fever from that date.

The statement quoted the permanent secretary of the ministry, Abdulaziz Abudullahi, as describing the new card as an electronic version with enhanced security features verifiable anywhere in the world.

This, he explained, can be done by scanning the bar code or checking the card number on the yellow card portal.

“The introduction of the new e- Yellow card, otherwise known as International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP), is to address the issue of fake ‘yellow cards’ which has hitherto constituted a source of national embarrassment.”

Importance of yellow card

The yellow card is a small rectangular booklet given to people who have been vaccinated against Yellow Fever.

Yellow Fever is a communicable disease transmitted by infected mosquitoes. The “yellow” in the name refers to the jaundice that affects some of the patients.

The symptoms of the disease include fever, headache, jaundice, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting and fatigue. The disease is endemic in tropical areas of Africa and Central and South America.

Nigeria is still battling to eradicate the disease as new cases resurfaced in the country in 2017.

Yellow Fever is vaccine preventable. A single
dose is sufficient to confer sustainable immunity and a lifelong protection against the disease.

PREMIUMTIMES
Re: Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria by Guest1: 1:17am On Jul 04, 2019
Re: Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria by tck2000(m): 6:24pm On Jul 06, 2019
Also Interested
Re: Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria by travelwaka: 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2019
klassme:

Check here for all information you need about yellow fever card
https://www.travelwaka.com/tips-for-obtaining-a-yellow-fever-card-in-nigeria-simple-easy-steps/
Re: Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria by lymelyte(m): 1:39pm On Nov 24, 2020
lightdream:
2k in lasgidi. I use same to ghana.
where did you do it?
Re: Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria by lightdream: 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2020
lymelyte:
where did you do it?
on the island
Re: Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria by lymelyte(m): 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2020
lightdream:
on the island
I live on the island too.please I need the address and amount.. Thanks in advance..
Re: Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria by lightdream: 3:28am On Nov 25, 2020
lymelyte:
I live on the island too.please I need the address and amount.. Thanks in advance..
A contact does it at the Island. seem to have the number again but will try n ask
Re: Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria by lymelyte(m): 7:34am On Nov 25, 2020
lightdream:
A contact does it at the Island. seem to have the number again but will try n ask
please I need it urgently.. Thanks
Re: Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria by Terose(f): 8:05am On Jul 21, 2021
Please where is this Federal ministry of health located in Benin city?
emorodili:
Re: Where To Get Yellow-fever Vaccination (yellow Card) In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 12:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
Terose:
Please where is this Federal ministry of health located in Benin city?

Federal Secretariat Aduwawa opposite EBS

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Experience Cape Town-western Cape / Where Can I Find A Bus Going Directly To Ilaro, Ogun State. I Am In Ogba / Things To Do In Den Haag (the Hague) Netherland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.