Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:07 AM

Panic As Youths Disarm SARS Operatives (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Panic As Youths Disarm SARS Operatives (photo) (1861 Views)

Man Shot Dead In Ozoro, Delta As Youths Protest POS-Carrying Policemen (Graphic) / 2 Brothers Disarm Armed Robber After Gun Failed, Hand Him Over To Police. Photos / Drug Baron And Leader Of Armed Robbery Gang Arrested By SARS Operatives. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic As Youths Disarm SARS Operatives (photo) by Abdulazeez99: 8:27am On Jun 28, 2019
There was panic in Gwari market, Mina, Niger State on Thursday over the forceful invasion of the market by heavily armed operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

Igbere TV gathered that five of them in the wee hours of the morning, stormed the popular market in a commando style.

The operatives were, however, apprehended and disarmed by youths who mobilized to the market over suspicion they were kidnappers.

One of the traders told Igbere TV that the incident occurred few days after a kidnappers den was discovered by the police in the area, which must have prompted the youths to react swiftly.

She said the armed men, dressed in police uniforms and carrying AK-47 rifles, looked suspicious especially as they tried to ‘kidnap’ a trader upon their forceful invasion.

The armed men were said to have stormed the market and proceeded immediately to the shop of a prominent trader and tried whisking him into a waiting vehicle.

“The attempt to kidnap another trader made us to raise the alarm, which attracted the youths who mobilised to stop the act despite attempts by the armed men to stop them by shooting into the air.

“The youths proceeded to lock all the gates leading to the market to prevent the armed men from leaving the market,” she added.

Igbere TV gathered that along with the market vigilantes, the youths were able to disarm the officers and handed them over to the market police station before the arrival of men of the Nigerian police from the divisional headquarters.

While the policemen were in the market, Igbere TV learnt that some angry youths descended on the vehicle that brought the SARS men, breaking its windscreen and deflating the tyres to prevent any attempt to escape.

“The armed men were taken out of the market to avoid further provocations from the youths,” an eyewitness further told Igbere TV.

The Niger State Police Spokesman, DSP Muhammad Abubakar, who confirmed the report, said investigation showed that the men were from Lagos State police command, and on a “special assignment” in Niger State.

http://igberetvnews.com/802730/panic-as-angry-youths-disarm-sars-operatives/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: Panic As Youths Disarm SARS Operatives (photo) by success1smyn(m): 8:43am On Jun 28, 2019
Let justice prevail.
But wetin i sabi. No be 9ja again?
Re: Panic As Youths Disarm SARS Operatives (photo) by yanabasee(m): 9:09am On Jun 28, 2019
Yeye SARS.....
Re: Panic As Youths Disarm SARS Operatives (photo) by TANID(m): 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2019
Let Me sleep First Then When I Wake Up I Would Come Back To Read And Comment On This Thread.
Re: Panic As Youths Disarm SARS Operatives (photo) by Highesschief1: 2:09pm On Jun 28, 2019
In 4 years, General Buhari has not built ONE school for Nigerian children. Please don’t take my word for it, Google it.
He has not built even one hospital. Please confirm what I just said.
Now, this man who has not built a school or hospital for Nigerians wants to build RUGA settlements for herdsmen NATIONWIDE! Majority of these herdsmen are not even Nigerians.

And some people still think this man has good intentions

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Youths Disarm SARS Operatives (photo) by Donald95(m): 5:37pm On Jun 28, 2019
Highesschief1:
In 4 years, General Buhari has not built ONE school for Nigerian children. Please don’t take my word for it, Google it.
He has not built even one hospital. Please confirm what I just said.
Now, this man who has not built a school or hospital for Nigerians wants to build RUGA settlements for herdsmen NATIONWIDE! Majority of these herdsmen are not even Nigerians.

And some people still think this man has good intentions

That is what happens when educated and businessmen are too busy with their work and businesses while the Jobless Uneducated ones decide their president

1 Like

Re: Panic As Youths Disarm SARS Operatives (photo) by Timmypromise(m): 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2019
Jobless youth vs blood thirsty sars

(1) (Reply)

Rape-axe The Anti Rape Device / Woman Run To Police After Sex-Starve Man Sent Her Nude Photos, Videos On Whatsap / Photo: Nigerian Man Buried With His Bet9ja Bet Slip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.