Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:56 AM

Uber Technology To Commence Its Boat Taxis Operation In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uber Technology To Commence Its Boat Taxis Operation In Lagos (428 Views)

Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis / Woman Crushed To Death By Speeding Truck During Rescue Operation In Ogun. / Skyway String Transport Technology To Build Lagos To Abuja 45 Mins Rail Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uber Technology To Commence Its Boat Taxis Operation In Lagos by BrandSpurNG: 11:02am On Jun 28, 2019
Uber Technology Inc is preparing to begin its boat sector in Lagos, Nigeria’s financial capital and largest city, to knock traffic gridlock.

The ride-hailing service organisation is in discussions with the Lagos state government and regulatory authorities to begin Uber boat services on its waterways, Uber’s Chief Business Officer Brooks Entwistle stated on Thursday in a conference.
“We know the traffic is a priority and we think we can help there,” Entwistle said. “We are having fruitful good discussions with the regulators right now, it is what we are doing this week, we are meeting with partners.” The executive did not give a timeline on when the service will begin.
Lagos, the sub-Saharan Africa biggest city with an estimated population of 22 million, is known for its traffic congestion leaving commuters spending hours in their cars. Public transport services are scarce and unreliable. Its vast waterways provide good transport options but they are hardly used.
Uber, which faces competition from Estonian-ride hailing firm Bolt, said it would seek partnership with local players for the service.
“Our strategy is in every country we going into we want to find local partners to help us with our business,” Entwistle said. “Partnership is core to our business.”
San Francisco-based Uber launched a boat service in Egypt in 2017, with taxis zipping up the Nile River that dissects Cairo to bypass clogged streets. The company has expanded the service to cities including Mumbai and along the Croatian coast.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2019/06/27/uber-technology-to-commence-its-boat-taxis-operation-in-lagos/

Re: Uber Technology To Commence Its Boat Taxis Operation In Lagos by tenmariner: 11:55am On Jun 28, 2019
Good one from uber
Re: Uber Technology To Commence Its Boat Taxis Operation In Lagos by pocohantas(f): 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2019
Nothing concern me and large body of water. Before my people will take me back...
Re: Uber Technology To Commence Its Boat Taxis Operation In Lagos by CarGuideNG: 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2019
Re: Uber Technology To Commence Its Boat Taxis Operation In Lagos by ibkayee(f): 12:07pm On Jun 28, 2019
pocohantas:
Nothing concern me and large body of water. Before my people will take me back...
grin
Re: Uber Technology To Commence Its Boat Taxis Operation In Lagos by abiolamitodun(m): 3:15pm On Jun 28, 2019
pocohantas:
mammy water spotted...I need a drop of ur tears to be immortal
Re: Uber Technology To Commence Its Boat Taxis Operation In Lagos by pocohantas(f): 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2019
abiolamitodun:

mammy water spotted...I need a drop of ur tears to be immortal

Small something. Transfer money to my akant and I will cry you a river.
Re: Uber Technology To Commence Its Boat Taxis Operation In Lagos by abiolamitodun(m): 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2019
pocohantas:

Small something. Transfer money to my akant and I will cry you a river.
enn enn...what's ur price in exchange? lol
Re: Uber Technology To Commence Its Boat Taxis Operation In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2019
pocohantas:

Can I pour water on your legs?..... cheesy
Re: Uber Technology To Commence Its Boat Taxis Operation In Lagos by nuelyoyo(m): 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2019
pocohantas:
Ogbanje spotted tongue

(1) (Reply)

Pgd For Canadian Colleges / Hong Kong Citizens Visit Nigeria To See Tb Joshua Amidst Huge Protests / Car Summersaults Along Lekki Ajah Expressway, Victim Gets Robbed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.