Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Mascot Reveals That Lionel Messi HUMS Argentina's National Anthem(pictures) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mascot Reveals That Lionel Messi HUMS Argentina's National Anthem(pictures) (1156 Views)

Who Is The Best Player In La Liga Now That Lionel Messi Is Gone? / Cristiano Ronaldo Calls Messi A 'Bad' Player While Discussing With Mascot (Video / Super Eagles Players Pose With World Cup Trophy And Russia 2018 Mascot (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mascot Reveals That Lionel Messi HUMS Argentina's National Anthem(pictures) by skypper: 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2019
Lionel Messi may not sing Argentina's national anthem... but he does hum the tune, a mascot has revealed.

Messi is often criticised on social media when the camera pans to him and shows his mouth closed during the pre-match singsong.

But a boy called Tomas Chavez, who stood in front of Messi during one rendition of the anthem, has insisted that the Barcelona legend does contribute musically.

Mascot Chavez told Marca about his meeting with Messi. He explained: 'It was incredible when Messi came in, and it was something that I will never be able to experience again.

'He hugged me and his hand was bigger than my head, that's why he laughed.

'I hugged him and told him a lot of things: that I loved him, that he is my idol, that I always wanted to meet him and never had the opportunity [to do so].

'[During the anthem] he has his mouth shut and hums the anthem.

'It's true that he does not sing the hymn, but he hums it. I heard it.'

Messi is currently in Brazil for the Copa America. Argentina take on Venezuela at the quarter-final stage on Friday night.

Thirty-two-year Messi has played every minute of Argentina's campaign so far. It started with a 2-0 loss to Colombia, followed by a 1-1 draw with Paraguay and then a 2-0 win over Qatar.

See... More here https://thickmatch.com/mascot-reveals-lionel-messi-hums-argentinas-national-anthempictures/

Re: Mascot Reveals That Lionel Messi HUMS Argentina's National Anthem(pictures) by chiboy1116: 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2019
I don't really know why he doesn't sing it out loud , but whatever suits him though .
Re: Mascot Reveals That Lionel Messi HUMS Argentina's National Anthem(pictures) by Raydos: 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2019
Who give a Goddamn fúçk, Even our so-called president buhari can't recite our national anthem!!

1 Like

Re: Mascot Reveals That Lionel Messi HUMS Argentina's National Anthem(pictures) by market9ja: 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2019
Re: Mascot Reveals That Lionel Messi HUMS Argentina's National Anthem(pictures) by Vishkar: 4:48am On Oct 09, 2019
No one forces him to sing it out loud and I do believe he hums the national anthem...maybe he should just mouth the words so everyone can shut up about it. But really, it does not matter to me at all! The guy is a great charity man that's more important to me.

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Wins An International Trophy As Argentina Beat Brazil In Superclasi / Italian Club Fires Coach For Disrespecting Opposition Winning 27-0 / Anthony Joshua Shows Off His Muscular Body On A Beach Day (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.