Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,145 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped (30030 Views)

COZA Pastor & Busola Dakolo: Licious Rika Speaks On Rape Allegation / Lady Destroys Sapphire Perfume After Wale Jana Defended Pastor Fatoyinbo On Rape / Nigeria’s Zuriel Oduwole Listed Among Top 15 Emerging Black Women In Hollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by GistMore8: 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2019
In the wake of Busola Dakolo's rape allegation against COZA pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo, writer, Yetunde Oduwole has taken to her Instagram page to recount how being a virgin saved her from getting raped.

Read below...

RAPE. Ask me about it. I have smelt it. I was at its brink! You might not know the brain torture and the emotional damage it does to the victims, well, I do!

On the fateful day, I laid down helpless & waited for the worst. I had been battered for attempting to fight back. My clothes had been pulled and soaked in a bucket of water. I had to surrender. I couldn’t over-power the predator. I was 18. I was a virgin. I must have screamed ‘Please don’t hurt me! I beg you in the name of God! I’m a virgin! I have never done this before!” a million times. I kept screaming that until my mouth could utter no more words. As he pulled down his trousers and made to thrust his member inside of me, I screamed with what seemed like my last breath. “Please don’t do this to me! I am a virgin...I am a virgin....” my voice was now cracked and faint.

He proceeded to thrust but couldn’t go through. “So you are actually a virgin? I thought you were lying!” I nodded to affirm. He got up. “I will dry up your clothes so you could leave. I hate virgins!” A divine intervention?? I couldn’t believe my luck!! “But....” he continued, “You would have to make me cum. If you don’t know how to do that, I will teach you” I hate to recall how the bastard went about that. I was bruised and torn. It took me several years to learn that sex could be enjoyed, and not a weapon.

Seems predators always leave scary warnings in the end. He warned me never to tell anyone what happened. He threatened fire and hell if I did. I agreed I wouldn’t, and I ended up not telling a soul....until many years after.

I shuddered and shivered for several years anytime I remembered. It was such a gory episode to recall. It takes strength to recount it. It’s not an easy tale to tell, especially in an African setting where people judge you, blame you for letting it happen to you, and even ask you for evidence!

Thank you Busola Dakolo for helping me bring this out of my innermost. This is like a renewal to most victims. And hey, your truth is yours. It may not be their truth, but it is yours, and it glitters! Continue to own that truth. I stand with you. I stand with justice #istandwithbusoladakolo

See more here; http://gistmore.com/nigerian-writer-recounts-how-being-a-virgin-saved-her-from-been-raped

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by Donald95(m): 1:21pm On Jun 29, 2019
Even Oloshos will come out to say how they are being raped everyday in their Olosho business house.
Carry your long epistle and go to the left Biko. Go to Court if you have anything reasonable to say.

Who is the guy? Where was it? Everyone is trying to hit FP of newspaper. Ndi Ara.

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by Gracespecial101(m): 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2019
Super Story 2019 edition has fully started lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2019
The only topic on Nairaland now na about Timi Dakolo wife and COZA pastor, is there no other topic ni.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by Davash222(m): 1:30pm On Jun 29, 2019
Even Oloshos are claiming been raped.

Nothing Musa no go see for gate!!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by GistMore3: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by oluwasegun007(m): 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2019
All this rape brouhaha would be over in few hours time as we kick off BBN..

Abi no be naija we dey ni undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by kokomaster3d: 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2019
The New Sperm Killer

16 Likes

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by smile11s(m): 5:54pm On Jun 29, 2019
The gods must hear this

2 Likes

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by sparog(m): 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2019
Wetin we no go hear about this rape issue now

All these people coming out to say all sort of things now were you people on sabbatical before.

cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2019
Chai wahala today; I don tire to dey comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2019
Don't worry, Pastor Biodun. Help is on the way. BBNaija is starting tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by OmoDavido(m): 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2019
All those that were busy giving their boyfriends in secondary school for free will now come out and talk about how they were raped.

18 Likes 1 Share

Busola was raped in 1999. As at 2010 or so she was choirmistess in the same church. This story no dey gel again abeg

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by itsme01: 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2019
shocked

I'm literally tired of the word Rape , abeg buhari should open a National Rape Center with emergency number to deal with all this stories jare..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by abkrgumel(m): 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2019
Hmm everybody now bringing old lies because of on true got support

2 Likes

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by Gabson001(m): 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2019
You were not raped because u are lucky don't think you are smart...
Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by Durhleepee(f): 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2019
You were lucky. A friend of mine was raped just because the guy wanted to confirm if truly she was a virgin in an inebriated state

3 Likes

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by Auxtin85(m): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2019
May God save Nigeria at this time. Everyone is singing rape while the President is bringing the killer herdsmen closer to us.

6 Likes

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by mujiboy(m): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2019
Everybody will be spilling both fake and original Rape stories now... issokay!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by anyimontana(m): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2019
I'm in my mid 30s and I'm just getting to know how handy Krest is...

Thank God I never reach 40,I for be fool 4ever

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by Lizilicious(f): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2019
After this BBN will come and distract is from the fact that there's a thing Buhari termed RUGA that we all should be worried about..

5 Likes

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by mujiboy(m): 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2019
Joromi12:
Busola was raped in 1999. As at 2010 or so she was choirmistess in the same church. This story no dey gel again abeg
My question is why is she still attending the church even after the incident..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by bluefilm: 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2019
Hope she's not stylishly and subtly mocking the other babe for not being a virgin?

6 Likes

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by nairalee(m): 5:59pm On Jun 29, 2019
Dear girls, I know it's not easy due to the shame and stigma but please report any known Rapist.

Involve the police. They will not kill you. Rather it'll help curb and curtail their nefarious activities.

Keeping it quiet only emboldens them to do more and more.

Save the next innocent girl

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by Richdad50(m): 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2019
shocked
Re: Yetunde Oduwole On Rape: Being A Virgin Saved Me From Being Raped by Richdad50(m): 6:01pm On Jun 29, 2019
Do you want them to discuss your parents
Remimadrid:
The only topic on Nairaland now na about Timi Dakolo wife and COZA pastor, is there no other topic ni.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fathia Balogun Rocking Her Bald Hair / Saint Obi, Zack Orji, Paul Obazele, Steve Eboh Reunite At Abuja Film Festival / Davido Berates Troll Who Called Chioma An Idiot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.