Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,439 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Mexican Drug Cartel Mistakenly Sent ₦1.6b Meth To 13 Canadian Ford Dealerships - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mexican Drug Cartel Mistakenly Sent ₦1.6b Meth To 13 Canadian Ford Dealerships (1633 Views)

I Want To Start Car Dealerships / Missouri Tornado Destroys 500 Cars At Chevrolet And Toyota Dealerships / I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mexican Drug Cartel Mistakenly Sent ₦1.6b Meth To 13 Canadian Ford Dealerships by obafemee80(m): 2:54pm On Jun 29, 2019

A logistical mistake by smugglers has led to the arrival of large shipments of illegal methamphetamine from Mexico to 13 Ford dealerships in three eastern Canadian provinces.  

According to Ontario Provincial Police, employees working at four Ford dealerships, tasked with inspecting newly arrived cars, discovered several of the Ford Fusion sedans came with the wrong type of spare tyres.

Upon closer inspection, the employees found the spare tyres were packed with illegal drugs, methamphetamine. The employees then called the authorities, which began investigating the incident.

At the end of the day, about 400 pounds (180 kilograms) of Meth, estimated to have street value of about $4.5 million or about ₦1.6 billion, where discovered in 9 of 14 vehicles that were searched by authorities at the 13 Ford dealerships.

Canadian and U.S. authorities believe that the 400-pound drug shipment, which was brought into Canada through legal U.S. shipping lanes from Mexico, belongs to the Sinaloa drug cartel, which gained access to the cars after they left the assembly plant in Hermosillo, Mexico. 

About seven days ago, 15500 Kilos of cocaine, worth ₦396 billion, was also seized at US Philadelphia Port when investigators cracked open a 7 shipping containers.

https://autojosh.com/mexican-drug-cartel-mistakenly-sends-n1-6b-of-meth-to-13-canadian-ford-dealerships/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Mistakenly Sent ₦1.6b Meth To 13 Canadian Ford Dealerships by rusher14: 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2019
Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Mistakenly Sent ₦1.6b Meth To 13 Canadian Ford Dealerships by stefanweeks: 3:13pm On Jun 29, 2019
Drug business is huge

I remember when I was in lipsrsealed

Good times

2 Likes

Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Mistakenly Sent ₦1.6b Meth To 13 Canadian Ford Dealerships by Ajoboss(m): 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2019
stefanweeks:
Drug business is huge

I remember when I was in lipsrsealed

Good times
stop liein
Na Igbo business u bin dey
Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Mistakenly Sent ₦1.6b Meth To 13 Canadian Ford Dealerships by martyns303(m): 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2019
N396 Billion . AS IN BILLION? As in with a B?
Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Mistakenly Sent ₦1.6b Meth To 13 Canadian Ford Dealerships by surveyProf(m): 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2019
I guess it's the notorious Los Zetas group.....
Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Mistakenly Sent ₦1.6b Meth To 13 Canadian Ford Dealerships by ForeThinker: 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2019
It's was not a mistake joor...
Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Mistakenly Sent ₦1.6b Meth To 13 Canadian Ford Dealerships by obafemee80(m): 3:08pm On Jul 02, 2019
Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Mistakenly Sent ₦1.6b Meth To 13 Canadian Ford Dealerships by tck2000(m): 10:10am On Nov 10, 2019
Re: Mexican Drug Cartel Mistakenly Sent ₦1.6b Meth To 13 Canadian Ford Dealerships by VolvoS60(m): 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2019
sad

Heads will surely roll for this - and some innocents may be caught up in it.

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Captured For Drivers License In Recent Times. / 10 Tuned Cars That Will Make Your Ears Bleed (anti-lag System) / Y2k Mtt VS Jet Fighter .. Unfair For The Bike , See What Happen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.