Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,088 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:36 AM

Tolu Akande Sadipe - Kellogs Superstar 5million Scholarship For 50 Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tolu Akande Sadipe - Kellogs Superstar 5million Scholarship For 50 Student (515 Views)

Oyo Lawmaker, Akande Sadipe Awards Yearly Scholarship Worth Millions / Tolu Akande Sadipe Scholarship Essay Competition #TASK... Apply Now / 2019/2020 SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY COMPETITION - Tolu Akande Sadipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tolu Akande Sadipe - Kellogs Superstar 5million Scholarship For 50 Student by lolusada: 10:41am On Jul 01, 2019
Tolu Sadipe beautiful speech

I am truly honored to be a part of this initiative and really appreciate the opportunity given to speak on the

“Importance of Education”.

What is our understanding of Education?
1.Education means acquiring various skills in diverse fields that are vital to life.
2.Education means Curiosity, it signifies, it connotes survival.
3.Education encourages communication.
4.These skills can be acquired through classroom training and during the course of our life.
There is a saying “A man without Education (Not just Education, (but good quality education) is like a building without a foundation” (the foundation must be right otherwise the building, will sink or collapse)
this clearly points out how vital and essential education is to humanity and society
Education has the potential for transforming a nation thereby contributing immensely to progress and economic growth.
Every citizen is a pillar of the nation and a nation rests on billions of such pillars.
The more educated the pillars are, the stronger the nation’s foundation would be.
For this reason, many countries provide free funding for primary and secondary education to improve their socioeconomic performance.

The Benefits & Challenges
Education promotes:
Economic growth
Equality

Education Reduces:
Crime
Gender Violence
Child marriages
Maternal death rates
(studies have proven that Maternal death rates would drop by two-thirds if all mothers received at least primary education and this would save a minimum of 189,000 lives.
Poverty

In the words of Mehruba Chowd- hury

"many of these benefits of education are interrelated in that they work together to improve a person’s condition in life. "

Unfortunately, despite the numerous benefits of education, there are many places in the world where access to education is very limited. Nigeria being one of them

Many children are deprived of education due to
a lack of funds
A lack of schools in their neighborhoods
Lack of commitment on the part of the teachers and educational institutions

The lack of access to education contributes to greater problems such as poverty, inequality, crime and violence.

Just building a school in a remote area might help hundreds of children rise out of poverty.

According to UNICEF (August 2018), one in every five of the world’s out-of-school children is in Nigeria.
1. Even though primary education is officially free and compulsory, about 10.5 million of the country’s children aged 5-14 years are not in school.
2. Only 61 percent of 6-11 year-olds regularly attend primary school
3. only 35.6 percent of children aged 36-59 months receive early childhood education.
4. Out of school children in Nigeria is a time bomb Solutions
Government, Organizations and Individuals should all come together to:
Ensure free early childhood education (Nursery to Primary Level) for the under privileged children
Promote Scholarship Programs
Offer training to Teachers
Improve teacher’s welfare
Create an enabling environment and infrastructure for proper education.
I would like to implore us all to take a STAND FOR EDUCATION I suggest that we all make all the concerted efforts to spread /support education.
1. Volunteer to teach in our spare time,
2. Assist the underprivileged in acquiring education, volunteer with an NGO working for the cause of education among many other solutions.
3. Partner with the public sector on education.
The objective is to make our nation more educated and promote economic growth.
Kudos to Kellogg Tolaram LFTZ, Kellog Tolaram Nigeria Ltd for this scholarship program and it's investments in education infrastructure, reading and literacy initiative, business education partnerships amongst their many other contributions.
In the words of ASUU president
" what we see is a cycle of illiterate parents giving birth to illiterate children who will also produce illiterate children and the cycle continues. That cycle of intergenerational illeteracy must be broken"
I applause the management of Kellogg’s for this initiative,
1.for ensuring that our future leaders are educated,
2. for challenging other children to do better and one day be a beneficiary of this initiative
3. for making a difference.
I have chosen to contribute
I currently support several students across Nigeria in primary, secondary through tertiary education.
I congratulate the children beneficiaries of the Kellogg's Super Stars Scholarship who we are celebrating today I celebrate their teachers
To be one of the 50 selected out of entries from 12,000 schools 1.8 Million children here we have Rivers, Lagos and my beloved Oyo state is a major feat, this is no small accomplishment, we are very proud of each and everyone of you and I wish each and everyone of you the very best in your future endeavors.
Thank you.

Re: Tolu Akande Sadipe - Kellogs Superstar 5million Scholarship For 50 Student by Harlem2(m): 11:38am On Jul 01, 2019
Nice one
Slay mama

(1) (Reply)

“Dr Abiola Oshodi Is An Exceptional Philanthropist” ~olgasu President (review) / Gre Center In Ibadan / Do You Run A Travel Or Study Abroad Business. Contact For Website Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.