Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Gtb, Why? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Gtb, Why? (2616 Views)

He Asked GTB For A Job 3yrs Ago & They Asked Him To Finish School. He Finished & / GTB Recruitment 2015 / Gtb Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtb, Why? by Ammo21(m): 7:39pm On May 09, 2007
I received a mail from GTB today about my entry level application.I was told that my application could not be attended to because i didnt satisfy their requirement.I graduated with second class upper division 2.1, from U.I.I have served and yet i was disqualified.
I really wonder whatever happened.Anyway, I'm just sharing this with everyone on the forum.I feel a little downcast about this, But i know say God dey.My job is coming soon.God pass dem.
Re: Gtb, Why? by Aproko(f): 9:33am On May 10, 2007
my dear, take it easy. sad sadhow old are you? you need to be at most 26 to meet their criteria. not to worry cos when one door closes, many others will surely open. perhaps that is not where God wants you to be. look on the bright side my dear.
Re: Gtb, Why? by omoko: 10:27am On May 10, 2007
it is a pity, i also receive the same letter that i did not meet there requirement.i came out with 2.1 .graduated from ife.am still hopeful things will soon turn out good in other placement.let's put our finger cross.
Re: Gtb, Why? by beracah: 12:26pm On May 10, 2007
i received the same reply from the so-called GTB. I thought it was because i read engineering but this entry level stuff nullifies course bias. To my surprise like yours, I was told that i didnot meet the requirement. I believe God will give us our job very soon.
Re: Gtb, Why? by sammie77(m): 5:49pm On May 10, 2007
hi guys,
i also received the stupid mail from GTB,imagine them.i had 2.1-petroleum engineering from uniport,and i was mailed am not qualified.imagine that.They told us any discipline.
well,they should go on with their politics.God dey
sammie
Re: Gtb, Why? by saxon(m): 6:10pm On May 10, 2007
MEEE TOOOO OOOO!

A HND(lower credit) holder, under 26yrs.
I thought it was the lower credit, or the HND or both. Only God knows their criteria.

Any way, GOD pass all dem GTB bank dem.
Re: Gtb, Why? by olamixtra: 7:36pm On May 10, 2007
Hmmmn, I also got the same message
What exactly is GTB looking for??!, Maybe someone with a B Sc., MBA Oxford University, and PhD. Harvard should apply for entry level post at GTB
The search goes on
Re: Gtb, Why? by bigtt76(f): 7:54pm On May 10, 2007
, A 2:3 candidate like me, hahahahaha grin When they need you to open account with millions no one ask you what you graduated with o!!! yeye Banks
Re: Gtb, Why? by yoddy(m): 10:44pm On May 10, 2007
this thread is kinda funny to me, see ppl wit 2.1 lamenting, Wetin make ppl wey get below dat come do? Well, That's just a li'l of what we face, So disappointed guys when u eventually get that great job of yours, do not 4get your 2.2 n below pips, Take heart guys, we'll all get there,
Re: Gtb, Why? by kamtoz(m): 11:34am On May 11, 2007
dont just mind them,we will overcome
Re: Gtb, Why? by bman2(f): 12:26pm On May 11, 2007
i received the same mail from gtb,am 24,only god knows what they want,i believe whatever is ours will not pass us by,guys don`t give up cos i see light at the end of our tunnels.
Re: Gtb, Why? by lolaben(m): 1:18pm On May 11, 2007
Hey guys i also applied for the same job, i finished with a 2.1 also, from ABU, i will be 27 in november, am I not qualified? Every disappointment is a blessing, we give thanks to God our dream jobs are waiting already, its just for us to locate them, God will give us insight. Itt is well with all That concerns us. Amen. God bless you all real good.
Re: Gtb, Why? by caringchi(f): 4:10pm On May 11, 2007
got the same too
i think they need phd holders 4 their entry level embarassed embarassed
Re: Gtb, Why? by katme: 5:27pm On May 11, 2007
Hello guyz,
Though i did not apply with GTB, i share in your feelings of disappointment, the Guys at GTB do not realize what they have missed by not engaging you guyz. I graduated with a 2:1 also (Economics - uniabuja), but what bothers me is the fact that we always have to rely on some unappreciative corporate players to determine our earning potential. I believe we can do better with our "2:1" brains. The truth, guys, is that we need to wake up!!!
With all modesty, i am on my way to earning my first million (and much more). I am not saying this to "break" you guys, the point is we all have the potential to "make it", without having to work like slaves for some corporate guyz who do not appreciate our efforts.
Frankly, i think it's a curse that some of us ever went to university, an even bigger curse is the fact that we tie our success (and earning potential) to our certificates, it's a shame. It's never too late to do right thing though. Information is power, but information is just information unless we act on it.
Wish y'all gud luck, but someone said "every one creates their own gud luck, " what do u think?

Pyemo Afego
afegoreal@yahoo.com
+234 8054022642
Re: Gtb, Why? by bruce(m): 6:45pm On May 11, 2007
That is appreciative, but you can as well tell us how you are about making your first million ( I mean what you do or what you are into) so maybe we can follow suit.

We need such kind of information to act upon.

Thanks and remain bless.

One lOve!
Re: Gtb, Why? by mishoo(m): 8:44pm On May 11, 2007
katme:

With all modesty, i am on my way to earning my first million (and much more). I am not saying this to "break" you guys, the point is we all have the potential to "make it", without having to work like slaves for some corporate guys who do not appreciate our efforts.

yeah, we would like to know, pls. Maybe it caN be beneficial to us too
Re: Gtb, Why? by gwynny(f): 9:53pm On May 12, 2007
anyway!!!! whateva. the truth is i know u guys are over qualified for the positions they're recruiting. don't b downcasted, it's an opportunity d devil has been waiting for in order to frustrate u. but don't give it up for the devil. b expectant. God never fails.
HE WOULD DEFINITELY SURPRISE US B'COS OUR JOB IS ON THE WAY.
IT'S CLOSE- BY NOW.

CHEERS
Re: Gtb, Why? by Sobola75(f): 7:03pm On May 13, 2007
Dear Nairalanders,

Thats the exact message I got from them, I have a Higher National Diploma in Marketing with Upper credit grade, Honours Diploma in Network Engineering with end profile of MCSE. I wonder who they recruit.

Sobola
Re: Gtb, Why? by katme: 7:55pm On May 13, 2007
I will only be to glad to share my amazing discoveries with you. What i do is i sell travel vouchers for the worlds biggest travel and investment club - CLUBFREEDOM, Australia. If i want to sound "big", i'd say i am a "marketing consultant" for CLUBFREEDOM TRAVELS. The benefits are awesome and exciting, this includes a free 7 Night vacation + $6,000 spending cash,  sounds too good to be true, right? Well it's happening,  I'd spare you the rest, because i want you to experience it, instead of have someone tell you,  i'll attach the information manual here pretty soon. it contains all you need to know about the miracle called CLUBFREEDOM. Meanwhile, to get a feel of the program, go to  WWW.CLUBFREEDOM.BIZ/KATMEGLOBAL  . Looking forward to seeing on the beaches of Hawaii,  i'll soon be there. Remain blessed.

Pyemo Afego
                                   afegoreal@yahoo.com
                                   +234 8054022642
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Gtb, Why? by jatuana(f): 1:03pm On May 14, 2007
Katme
I can't see notin in that page except the notice except "Unfortunately, you have come here with an invalid sponsor name or your sponsor has not yet paid for their position. . .

Please contact your potential sponsor to resolve this issue."

How do we get more info about this ur clubfreedom thing and how much will it cost to register under u?if we do register under u ,then it increases ur chance of gettin to the qualifier's level or something what about us ?How do we get to that level?Is it 33,000 Naira or $150 'cos Iv heard something like this but am not sure or will I say that Iv not seen anyone who is benefiting from it; just like what u r saying u r "about" to hit a million Naira I actually tot it was 780,000 Naira .Please I need clearity on this issue.
Re: Gtb, Why? by katme: 2:10pm On May 14, 2007
Jatuana,
 You have to be sure that you type the URL in small letters and not capital letters.
  Secondly, registration costs $200. I paid 35K for my registration,that was what my payment agents charged. What you actually pay depends on your payment agents.
  Thirdly, the system works in such a way that everybody gets to qualify for the trtravelerosition as long as you understand the system. The ease and pace with which each member qualifies for the traveler position, depends on the collective effort of the members of your board,  that's the beauty of the program - It's more of team effort, than individual effort.
   Fourthly, i'm on my way to making my first million because the system is revolving, you can cycle as many times as you want, depending on how you understand the system. The system is run by a tested and proven software which determines who gets where,and when. It operates with little or no human intervention. What's more? you can view and monitor your progress online, realtime.
  If i would stick my neck out for anything on the net, it's this one.
  If you have further questions, pls contact me. And if you like, i can send the information manual to your email, i'd love you to study it.

Best Wishes,
  Pyemo Afego
  afegoreal@yahoo.com
  +234 8054022642.
Re: Gtb, Why? by ryta: 2:36pm On May 14, 2007
hey am 24 with a 2. biochemistry , through with youth service i ve nt heard any thing from them . u guys made good grades so y are u worried? apply for shell nd oil companies u guys are needed like no ther! well guys dnt give up , i have writtten up 2 6 aptitude tests and i still dnt have a job. bt i do believe it will be my turn soon to be employed. all d best
Re: Gtb, Why? by bruce(m): 4:51pm On May 15, 2007
@katme
Kindly send the info to my box: brucecollinsy2k2@yahoo.co.uk so I can study it well before venturing. it might be a better alternative to paid employment like you said.

Thanks
Re: Gtb, Why? by lovemewel(f): 6:46pm On May 15, 2007
only GOD knws the criteria dey wnt. may be who u know
Re: Gtb, Why? by Mystique(f): 10:57am On May 16, 2007
Why are you guys complaining? Havent you heard?? You need major connections to get into GTB. . . . wink
Re: Gtb, Why? by bruce(m): 4:17pm On May 17, 2007
@katme
thanks, I got it. I will study it and get back to you.
Re: Gtb, Why? by babyog(f): 11:57am On May 18, 2007
pls up till now i have nt gotten any reply from gt bank, i made 2:1 from unn, i dont know what they are waiting for, b4 they will reply me. i applied last week saturday
Re: Gtb, Why? by EO(f): 2:28pm On May 18, 2007
i also applied but i am yet to get a reply from them. I am just 22. But neverhteless guys, just take heart and bear in mind that they are not worth the tears and stress
Re: Gtb, Why? by bruce(m): 2:41pm On May 18, 2007
On this GTB issue of sending replies to applicants:
I don't think the online form was set up in such a way that you receive a feed back mail into your box acknowledging the receipt of your application. Or has anybody receive any?

I know for sure that previously if you apply online without any advertised vacancy (that is, unsolicited application) you get a reply to your box acknowledging the receipt of such application and promising to call you if there is need to.

But with this present offer, I don't think it works that way. I Submitted mine and got a blank screen with instructions asking if I want to go back to the form. I supposed it went as I never got any message that I am too young or too old to apply. I am 25 but will be 26 in Sept. A B.Sc (2.1) holder in Business Admin. So I wonder why so many people are complaining.

I will advice you take time and apply and also ensure that the computers and servers of where you browse function well. Cos all these sometimes contribute to the problems we encounter when filling online forms.

Good luck and One Love!

(1) (Reply)

Oval Wave Telecom / Obtaining Your Conch Republic Diplomatic Passport! / NEFAID INTERVIEW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.