Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Nokia 5.1 Plus/x5helio P60 Vs Redmi Note 7 Sd660 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia 5.1 Plus/x5helio P60 Vs Redmi Note 7 Sd660 (993 Views)

The Nokia Thread: 1.4 , 4.2, 5.1 Plus, 5.3, 6.1 Plus, 7.1, 7.2, 7 Plus , 8.3 etc / HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display / Nokia 5.1 Plus Set To Be Launched Today. See Full Specifications And Images. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia 5.1 Plus/x5helio P60 Vs Redmi Note 7 Sd660 by mykelshowz(m): 6:16pm On Jul 01, 2019
[i][/i]My explanatory gaming and battery review based on my preferences (yours may differ)

I been using the Nokia 5.1 plus for a month now. ordered for the note 7 just on Saturday and jumia brought my phone for me yesterday, I've had enough time to review both phones hand in hand.

Nokia 5.1 plus
Pros
1. faster processor than the redmi note 7.
2. Android one Ui (fast processes because no bloatware)
3. Budget friendly (for the price its not that bad, underclocked cpu with fhd screen and 3000mah)
4. 4hrs Gaming SOT with battery saver (from 100% you can be able to squeeze a minimum of 7 classic games and you'd be left with about 14%) not bad for the price

Cons
1. Small sized screen (played pubg on the phone and it was hell for me, panning the screen was a big issue. If you like me that has gorrilla hands. Don't buy.)
2. Undarrated and unoptimised processor and gpu (the helio p60 mashed with the Mali g72 is good but it's been proven that Mali gpu Is not for gaming. Although the Nokia 5.1 plus is capable of playing hdr in full 60 FPS with gfx tools. Nevertheless the phone heats up to as high as 43° when u play for 1hr on smooth + High fps.)
3. Heat issues (same as no 2, the phone will heat up even if graphics are set to the lowest, at the rate of 2hrs of gaming you'd be able to slow cook an egg on the screen of the Nokia 5.1 plus.
4. Aggressive ram management (Nokia has refused to remove the annoying evenwell packages that kill your apps when you leave them for too long. So pausing the lobby to go on discord or WhatsApp to invite a friend to come online is not a good idea for doing this may force the game to restart.
5. The Mali g72 has optimization issues, some random bugs (controls freeze at random, mics don't work until u restart the game, controls become stiff when the screen becomes hot)

Redmi note 7
Pros
1. Better processor and optimized gpu than the Nokia x5.
2. Bigger screen and quality resolution
3. Higher battery life = more game SOT (6hrs 02mins and I was left with 6% from 100 with battery saver on)
4. Better gpu and processor to back it up (Adreno is the best for mobile gaming, I don't want to hear anything).
5. Heat is less, it goes as high as 38°, almost like its non existent unlike the Nokia that gets as high as 40°+.

Cons.
1. Some people may not find It budget friendly due to the price difference because the Rn7 costs almost 50% more than the Nokia.
2. Some might feel the phone is too big because of the 6.2inch display (it's not for u sorry)
3. I noticed some lags and frame drops (60fps to 35fps when you look at the sky and when you land hot drops on the 3gb variant) it lasts for about 1sec.. I don't see it as a big deal. If you're bothered about full 60fps you should go for the 4gb variant.

Nevertheless both phones are great for gaming but I feel the redmi is superior due to the chip and gpu although helio p60 has potential to be better, I feel mtk has a thing or 2 to learn from qualcomm.

My advice.
If you know you don't have a gas cooker or hot plate at home and you want to cook indomie the Nokia is a good option.. (asides the beauty of the Nokia the phone gets really really hot)
And lastly if you want something that'll carry you for long hours of the day without charge scare the the redmi note 7 is your best option.

In the end it boils down to our budget.

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.1 Plus/x5helio P60 Vs Redmi Note 7 Sd660 by horlahwaley(m): 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2019
Very good review. You didnt mention the camera department.
Note: Nokia 5.1 is not Fhd but hd+.

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.1 Plus/x5helio P60 Vs Redmi Note 7 Sd660 by mykelshowz(m): 3:09am On Jul 02, 2019
horlahwaley:
Very good review. You didnt mention the camera department.
Note: Nokia 5.1 is not Fhd but hd+.
my bad.
But thanks

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.1 Plus/x5helio P60 Vs Redmi Note 7 Sd660 by Xxpress(m): 9:19am On Jul 02, 2019
Can you please compare the Redmi with the Nokia X6
Re: Nokia 5.1 Plus/x5helio P60 Vs Redmi Note 7 Sd660 by mykelshowz(m): 11:14pm On Jul 02, 2019
Xxpress:
Can you please compare the Redmi with the Nokia X6
okay.. till I get my hands on it

(1) (Reply)

Free Phone Giveaway / Itel P33plus With 5k / Which Phone Has These Specs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.