Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! (1146 Views)

How Do Spammers Find Out When A New Domain Is Registered? / Nairaland Needs Upgrading. / Stopping Spammers And Scammers On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by kryptochats: 7:13pm On Jul 01, 2019
i know of this website that once you are banned or you register on it you cannot create a new account except u talk to the admins with a very very very good reason why u need a new account or u just buy a new device if you need a new account so badly , this is what we need here on nairaland to stop all these scammers and spammers , this website is kinda of like nairaland but they upped the game so well that the website is so safe and clean , nairaland should up its game.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by TeamPacific: 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2019
What website is this ?
Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by TeamPacific: 7:24pm On Jul 01, 2019
What website is this ?.
Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by romancelanders: 7:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
its https://www.refer.ng once i wanted to create multiple accounts with my referral link and it showed me this grin grin grin grin am not a cheat o!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by Bizmagneto: 9:39pm On Jul 01, 2019
kryptochats:
i know of this website that once you are banned or you register on it you cannot create a new account except u talk to the admins with a very very very good reason why u need a new account or u just buy a new device if you need a new account so badly , this is what we need here on nairaland to stop all these scammers and spammers , this website is kinda of like nairaland but they upped the game so well that the website is so safe and clean , nairaland should up its game.
I think IP address was used to track the device. If you change your sim card, you will create multiple accounts.
Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by kryptochats: 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2019
Bizmagneto:

I think IP address was used to track the device. If you change your sim card, you will create multiple accounts.
not easy as it sounds for these spammers it wont be worth it buying new sim all the time , they would easily give up. here on nairaland these people create so much accounts in a day especially those bet9ja sure odds guys

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by meobizy(f): 11:41pm On Jul 01, 2019
here on nairaland these people create so much accounts in a day especially those bet9ja sure odds guys
I lol’d at this.
Those guys are ruthless.
Every form of social media is their stomping ground.
Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by Julius2214(m): 12:31am On Jul 02, 2019
kryptochats:
This would have been such a good idea.... Like a psycho in this section, creating multiple accounts to accuse innocent people of scam without any proof

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by Bolaji21(m): 9:14am On Jul 02, 2019
I think Nairaland management is just not fully ready to fight spam. They can use supercookies and some other variables to identify previous users and ensure they cannot register new account if the previous account(s) was banned.

They can also make their spambot smarter (not more wicked), so it identifies the spammers, remove their post(s) and ban them once they make a spam post. Their posts are generic (same every time), so that should be easy.
Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by kryptochats: 9:28am On Jul 02, 2019
Julius2214:

This would have been such a good idea.... Like a psycho in this section, creating multiple accounts to accuse innocent people of scam without any proof
yea true
Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by Bizmagneto: 9:45am On Jul 02, 2019
kryptochats:
not easy as it sounds for these spammers it wont be worth it buying new sim all the time , they would easily give up. here on nairaland these people create so much accounts in a day especially those bet9ja sure odds guys
You're right.
Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by kryptochats: 10:17am On Jul 02, 2019
Bolaji21:
I think Nairaland management is just not fully ready to fight spam. They can use supercookies and some other variables to identify previous users and ensure they cannot register new account if the previous account(s) was banned.

They can also make their spambot smarter (not more wicked), so it identifies the spammers, remove their post(s) and ban them once they make a spam post. Their posts are generic (same every time), so that should be easy.
the best is this ip address stuff or sim watever . cookies can be blocked or cleared i think
Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by Bolaji21(m): 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2019
kryptochats:
the best is this ip address stuff or sim watever . cookies can be blocked or cleared i think
Supercookies are not easily cleared like normal cookies but I get your point.
Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by kryptochats: 12:00pm On Jul 23, 2019
Bolaji21:

Supercookies are not easily cleared like normal cookies but I get your point.
yea
Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by casydigital(m): 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2019
cc seun
Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2019
see advert all i see on that site is d same thing on nairaland soo wats d forming.
Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by Ayofresh4u(m): 9:11am On Jul 24, 2019
cyclops:
see advert all i see on that site is d same thing on nairaland soo wats d forming.
the forming is that nairaland is not fighting scam and spam the way it should! , do you know how many people get scammed here on a daily basis ? go and read countless scam reports https://www.nairaland.com/3430558/scam-alert-dont-victim-updates , what that website has done is commendable, if you cannot do something well enough someone else will, the road is wide open , if nairaland should implement this then it would go a long way to help reduce scam here , here on nairaland like 1 person has 20 accounts.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Needs To Up Its Game On Fighting Spammers! by casydigital(m): 8:23am On Jul 28, 2019
cyclops:
U DNT GET THE POINT!

(1) (Reply)

Buy Your Premium Osclass Themes And Plugins. 2K Each / Who Noticed This New Change On Nairaland's Homepage / Youtube Pay Is 20k Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.