Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

RUGA: Make Or Mar For Yoruba - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / RUGA: Make Or Mar For Yoruba (226 Views)

MTN: Can't Make Or Recieve Calls / How Much Can I Make Or Earn Under 007 Reporters / Moment That Might Make Or Mar Osun State Election 2018!! #OSUNDECIDES2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RUGA: Make Or Mar For Yoruba by mhaw: 7:13am On Jul 03, 2019
Copied.

I was the last farm manager of Oodua farms cattle ranch (formerly western livestock)at Akunu Akoko(8061 hectares of farmlands). I have five big dams. Two are four hectares and at peak of rain, you get a wide spread of 1km. It goes thru akunu akoko, ikakumo akoko, ise skill and auga akoko. I know all the boundaries with Edo inclusive.

The Obafemi Awolowo's western government established it. The cows there were 'owned' by Oodua Investment. The land is still there. Facilities abandoned. Same in Oyo state, we have over 16,000 hectares of land for cattle ranch solely owned by Oodua Investment. Part of it was seeded for Ikere gorge(2000 hectares).

My take is let the Yoruba's southwest government takes over these facilities and give to genuine investors for resuscitation. In Imeko Ogun state, we have also 4000hectares. In Ekiti at OKE Ako via Ayedun ekiti after Ipao, we have 12,000 hectares. We Yorubas should grow our own cattle and let the state governor that has power over land explore this opportunities.

'DAWN' COMMISSION can explore this window. We Yoruba people do not need to allow other people to come and do what we can do ourselves. I have told many that cared to listen that we can grow and rear what we import. Wheat is N630billion import in 2016, we can grow these in North East but importers and the USA who benefit from this volume will not allow BH war to end. We import Rice N300billion 2016.

Where is ofada and mokoloki rice plantations . If we champion our own food program, we will have improve national security because food security is Germane to National security. RUGA on Yoruba land is being canvassed for because we that own the resources are neglecting them.

Let us rise and build our region. When problem arises, let's look at the business advantages that we can explore from it. FUNAAB rears cow in cooperative. We pay just N18k annually to the cooperative to maintain one cow . We can create so much employment if we think out of the box.

By Omo Yorùbá Àtàtà

Re: RUGA: Make Or Mar For Yoruba by SenorFax(m): 7:17am On Jul 03, 2019
Nice one.

RUGA is a scam. Politicians know their own agenda and will never disclose them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Punch Newspaper Continues The Dubai Strategy With Baseless Story On VP'S Former / We Sell Deliver And Install 3.5kva/48v Luminous Inverter And Batteries / Breaking News: Channels Tv Shot During Shi'ites Protest Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.