Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,982 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Part 2 Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need To Know - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Part 2 Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need To Know (1544 Views)

I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. / Concluding Part Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need To Know / Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Part 2 Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need To Know by Maleeqberry(m): 10:33am On Jul 03, 2019
*BELLA FEED JUNE LECTURE*

*PART 2*

By *Mr Ramon Malik*

*PUREBREEDING* ....
More emphasis will be on pure breeding .. Because that is where interest of most farmer is.. And it seems to be the best of all breeding system... Before we can talk on *purebreeding* let look into below terms for better understanding..
1 pedigree 2 purebred 3 registered

*A pedigree* is a record of a rabbit's ancestry. Official pedigrees list the rabbit's parents,
grandparents, and great-grandparents from
both sides.(doe and buck)

*A purebred rabbit* is one with a pedigree as
described above, but with all the rabbit's
ancestors being the same breed. For example now to call rabbit a pure breed. I.e *newzealandwhite*. It means that five generations before that certain NZW.. Are cross of nzw only, it means the parent, grandparents, great grandparents must be a NZW

*A registered rabbit* is one that has been entered into a credited breed database such as the American Rabbit Breeders Association, The British Rabbit Council, or any of the specific breed groups like the Havana Rabbit Breeder's Association, by a member of that association who must evaluate the rabbit to align with its breed standard. These rabbits are both purebred and have pedigrees, though their pedigrees must contain the rabbits' names and or identifiable numbers, weights, colors patterns (i.e. "broken black"wink
Many famers don't know what purebred
means.. Some farmers think purebred means when the kits came from parents of the same breed..
My bunnies were born by a dutch Mum, and their Dad is also a dutch.. exactly the same breed.. The question is... Is that enough to justify a purebred?.. *NO* .. Before you can justify a purebreed you must be able answer the Below questions. Are the grandparents
Dutch ? Are the great grandparents Dutch? Did the rabbit have pedigree of dutch?
if the parents both have a pedigree then you can refer to it as *pure breed*

*Pure breeding* is synonymous to "breed true" or "True breeding" its a process by which a breed of rabbit will breed true-to-type when mated like-to-
like;(same breed) that is, that the progeny of any two individuals (buck and doe ) in the same breed will show
consistent, replicable and predictable characteristics. A Kitt from two purebred
of the same breed, for example, will exhibit the traits of its parents, and not the traits of all
breeds in the subject breed's ancestry..... In a layman way.. It's means if you cross hyla buck with hyla doe it must give you exactly hyla Kitts.... It's so disheartening after raising rabbit farm only to reach market and discover that your breed are not pure breed.. Pure breeding is essential where buying will never compromise the quality of breed requires. Just as Bella feed will not compromise *hyla breed* or *NZW* that are of no quality compared to the standard quality of above breed.....
To avoid all this heartbreaking moments and story that touch... It's always important to get your parent stock or breeding doe from certified and trusted farmers who won't compromise *purebreed* with mixed breed.

*Pure breeding* is so much important because
� It kits expected are 90% predictable.
�It is done to maintain certain desirable traits from going to extinction such as fast growth in *hyla* ... And good fur from *Angora*
� It guarantees uniformity in growth, size, weight, color,

�Their is always readily available market to *pure breed* compare to *mixed breed*.

��‍� *I AM MR RAMON MALIK*
08132889963 whatsapp
Immamumolik@gmail.com

FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS RELATED TO THE ABOVE TOPIC

(1) (Reply)

Locally Fabricated Fish Feed Pelletizing Machine / Imported Battery Cage / Hibiscus/zobo Seed For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.