Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? (12711 Views)

Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (Photos) / South African Student On Spending Spree As Her Bank Account Gets $1m In Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by lilfreezy: 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
undecided
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Graduateacher(f): 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2019
Sankabson:
Don’t even know my BVN again. And I lost the initial number. How can I retrieve that ?

Hmmm that's a problem. If you still had the number used you could have dialed a code to retrieve your BVN. As it stands you'll physically have to visit a branch of Nigerian bank abroad, I'm not sure they'll give you your BVN through phone call. Another thing is for you to reactivate your old account, all you need is to submit a copy of your valid international passport and an accompanying note to your bank. Chat with them on twitter
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by seanjy4konji: 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2019
inbox me all your details...

i will collect small charge for the servicee.
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Sankabson(m): 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2019
Thanks so much. God Bless You..
Graduateacher:

Hmmm that's a problem. If you still had the number used you could have dialed a code to retrieve your BVN. As it stands you'll physically have to visit a branch of Nigerian bank abroad, I'm not sure they'll give you your BVN through phone call. Another thing is for you to reactivate your old account, all you need is to submit a copy of your valid international passport and an accompanying note to your bank. Chat with them on twitter
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by GboyegaD(m): 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2019
How are we still backward in our processes? Why can't the person download or at worst, notorize the utility bills and send them via email?

1 Like

Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Sankabson(m): 5:05pm On Jul 03, 2019
Lool! My email is up there..
seanjy4konji:
inbox me all your details...

i will collect small charge for the servicee.
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Graduateacher(f): 5:06pm On Jul 03, 2019
Bonaventura:
These[s] are the steps you should take:

1. Come back to Nigeria
2. Go to the bank on a Monday morning
3. Join the queue and wait for about two hours.
4. When it gets to your turn meet a beautiful young lady wearing heavy make up and chewing gum, she will apologise and tell you there's no network that you should come back the next day, but if you're lucky you smell nice and have a good foreign accent (depending on how long you have stayed abroad) she may attend to you quickly otherwise go home.
5.Next day come back, prepare for fight and quarrel and demand you see the manager depending on the amount you left there.
6. Whisper something to his ears

And you may just be lucky [/s]
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Sarang(f): 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2019
Flier:
Just called them with your international number,they’d ask you to write a letter and attach your passport data page and your visa page then scan it and send it by email
Depends on bank anyway but that is how I did my own
Beside you should try to open a new account it’s quite easy

How can someone open an acct from overseas without BVN?
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by bluefilm: 5:11pm On Jul 03, 2019
Just drink krest.

If that one no work, then drink sniper.

One of them must surely work.
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Teegelop(f): 5:12pm On Jul 03, 2019
Call the contact center, you will be guided on account reactivation (by sending form to you). Regarding BVN, ask them to know if BVN was linked to your account and it will be provided to you.
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by EtovalRealEst: 5:12pm On Jul 03, 2019
Sankabson:
Hello Nairlanders,
How can someone who stays overseas re-activate his/her Naija Bank account.

- We have sent mail to the account, the requested for someone docs, we were provided.

- They requested we submit/courier the document to the bank branch or head quarter.

- The account holder can’t even remember his/her BVN as he/she operated the account in like 4Years. But money keep being deposited in it as a plan B account. But now the money is needed urgently and the account can’t leave he/she resides now.

- The Bank Here is StanbicIBTc. If there’s any staff here they should please get in touch. As someone is about to Die here.

- The Bank Gurus are highly welcome too. As your helps are urgently needed on this.

Thanks and God Bless!
Just subscribe for mobile banking next time.Bvn I very important because your facial outlook might be different. Just talk to their customer care they should have a better advice.You should be able to twit at them.
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by EtovalRealEst: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2019
Sarang:

I think some bank do have international branch ,they should be able to offer bvn registration if they are smart.
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by banio: 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2019
Hope the overseas account holder is not a fraud, because ....

Is Nairaland the bank. Call or email the bank, they will tell you what to do.

Any good Samaritan helping out is at his own risk.
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Teegelop(f): 5:19pm On Jul 03, 2019
Sankabson:
Don’t even know my BVN again. And I lost the initial number. How can I retrieve that ?

Once your BVN has been linked to your bank, no problem about that.
Just contact your bank contact center, I don't know of stanbic but I know of a bank that reactivate account for people abroad at their contact center, all you need to do is to notarize your utility and fill some forms. If you can still remember your account details, your BVN will be given to you.
It's not difficult at all.
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by dollarnaira: 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2019
Muyiwaipere:
God don upgrade you.... You are still looking for ways to have dealings with this shithole country

You no hear all the film wey dey happen for here?

So wen person don go abroad e means im don upgrade abi?Life in d USA for e.g is hard too.There is money in naija if u open ur eyes.
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Alejobs: 5:22pm On Jul 03, 2019
Ethics and value system is key to a sane society!

1 Like

Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by lonelydora: 5:23pm On Jul 03, 2019
Sankabson:
Thanks for the info. How can I get a cross to You Sir. You can reach me here San.b.kabson@gmail.com

I will send you a mail later with a Gmail account, e********4@gmail.com
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Flier: 5:26pm On Jul 03, 2019
Sarang:

Call any bank of your Choice or write them online,they would send you account opening form by email then you will have to print it out and fill it,scan it and send it back by email, they would reply you with an address you have to go to do your BVN though you have to pay a certain fee depends on the country (about $50).
They have agent in several countries doing the BVN for their customers

1 Like

Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Sankabson(m): 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2019
Okay..
lonelydora:

I will send you a mail later with a Gmail account, e********4@gmail.com
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by lonelydora: 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2019
Sankabson:
Thanks for the info. How can I get a cross to You Sir. You can reach me here San.b.kabson@gmail.com

Seen my mail?
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by lionlee216(m): 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2019
You need the BVN. Very important. No banks will help without the BVN.

Be ready so spend money on calls...

I hope your name on BVN matches the name on your account or else OYO. That useless firstbank did me a strong thing. The money sef, i don dash them. I believe Access bank will reply me by 2020.

GTB and the other one were able to treat my request upon several calls.

My point. Never put money inside your naija account if you are not so sure about the account.. I guess you might have to travel to Nigeria.
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Truth234(m): 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2019
Sarang:

The option is on their websites, UBA, GTB, Zenith, FCMB etc.

But your access will be limited.

Just look them up.
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by wowo2: 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2019
I hear it is difficult to operate account from d abroad with nigerian banks. They still look at signatures to see if they match when people are opening accounts in U.K. by electronically signing documents online.
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by sonnie10: 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2019
Ok
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Sankabson(m): 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2019
Yes. Replied. Thanks
lonelydora:

Seen my mail?

1 Like

Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Lordave: 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
nwakibie3:
just dial *556# on your phone and follow the instructions
Na Mtn airtime balance him wan check
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Moikiitos: 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
Sankabson:
Hello Nairlanders,
How can someone who stays overseas re-activate his/her Naija Bank account.

- We have sent mail to the account, the requested for someone docs, we were provided.

- They requested we submit/courier the document to the bank branch or head quarter.

- The account holder can’t even remember his/her BVN as he/she operated the account in like 4Years. But money keep being deposited in it as a plan B account. But now the money is needed urgently and the account can’t leave he/she resides now.

- The Bank Here is StanbicIBTc. If there’s any staff here they should please get in touch. As someone is about to Die here.

- The Bank Gurus are highly welcome too. As your helps are urgently needed on this.

Thanks and God Bless!

Well, I don't know with StanbicIBTc...with mine it was quite easy. With EcoBank, they send me forms to fill, signed, scanned it and send to them. Though took about 2weeks but it was reactivated.
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Hoodbilonia: 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2019
Call them and do it the typical nigerian way
Dat dont they know who u r
B4 u know it.its sir sir ok sir
Like boring nollywood phone call scenes
All u wud hear is ok sir
Yes sir
Alright sir
Yes sir
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by AreaFada2: 6:36pm On Jul 03, 2019
lionlee216:
You need the BVN. Very important. No banks will help without the BVN.

Be ready so spend money on calls...

I hope your name on BVN matches the name on your account or else OYO. That useless firstbank did me a strong thing. The money sef, i don dash them. I believe Access bank will reply me by 2020.

GTB and the other one were able to treat my request upon several calls.

My point. Never put money inside your naija account if you are not so sure about the account.. I guess you might have to travel to Nigeria.

Most of those banks are useless. Anyway they reflect the society. Even in 9ja an error caused by them caused me much hassle reactivating my account.

Even at same bank they said go to branch that opened it. Even after telling them it was opened via email form scanning. It took three 9ja visits over two years. And only when I remembered I hhave a relative that used to work at the bank and he happens to know several senior people there.

I would not have even bothered if it wasn't a dom account.

Very useless set of people I tell you.

I just forgot two other banks that are Naira accounts. One of them an account of over 20 years.

Never again. shocked
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by olilanya: 6:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
[quote author=Muyiwaipere post=79909620]God don upgrade you.... You are still looking for ways to have dealings with this shithole country

You no hear all the film wey dey happen for here?

Next topic [/q

He needs the funds in the said account
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by DisGuy: 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2019
Do you have any other account? Like GTB. There's a button on gtb that will show u your BVN

According to the email response, it appears your scanned doc has too many mistakes
Re: How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2019
Bonaventura:
These are the steps you should take:

1. Come back to Nigeria
2. Go to the bank on a Monday morning
3. Join the queue and wait for about two hours.
4. When it gets to your turn meet a beautiful young lady wearing heavy make up and chewing gum, she will apologise and tell you there's no network that you should come back the next day, but if you're lucky you smell nice and have a good foreign accent (depending on how long you have stayed abroad) she may attend to you quickly otherwise go home.
5.Next day come back, prepare for fight and quarrel and demand you see the manager depending on the amount you left there.
6. Whisper something to his ears

And you may just be lucky

Sadly, this is how they function back in Nigeria and they call themselves professionals shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wait A Minute! There Is More To Know About Cooking Gas Business / CBN Approves Special Forex Intervention For Airlines / Is It Possible For A Salary Earner Or Unemployed To Work From Home In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.