Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings (18964 Views)

FIFA Bans Spezia For Four Years After Signing Nigerian Minors / Arsenal Lose At Home To Leicester For The First Time In The EPL As Vardy Scores / Fans Boo Emery After Arsenal Lose At Home To Eintracht Frankfurt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by obembet(f): 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2019
Remember when Arsene Wenger picked up the world class Sol Campbell on a free deal from rivals Tottenham in 2001?
But the Gunners have been nothing short of a disaster over the past few years, a contrast to what WAS a well run club.
Not a coincidence that ever since Stan Kroenke took full control of the North Londoners, it's been a downhill.
And if you look over the last four years, it becomes
clear where the problem lies with more than £200m thrown away.
Losing top stars on free transfers, selling too cheap and youngsters going for nothing, it's been that bad.
Ever since the 2016-17 season it's been bad, and there's nothing that Arsenal supporters are going to like.

2016-17
SERGE GNABRY
LEFT FOR: £5m to Werder Bremen
WORTH: £60m

Once touted as one of the best young players at Arsenal, it never quite worked out despite a lot of promise.
A shocking loan spell at West Brom under Tony Pulis didn't help, before he headed off back to Germany with Werder Bremen for just £5m.
The 23-year-old winger is now tearing it up at Bayern Munich and worth at least £60m, and possibly more.
2017-18
WOJCIECH SZCZESNY
LEFT FOR: £10m to Juventus
WORTH: £20m

The Polish goalkeeper was a firm favourite with the Gunners fans but was often prone to a mistake or two.
The Italian giants obviously saw something in him, and picked him up for a snip price.
Now their No1 and a Serie A title winner, he's worth double the amount he was sold for, and again, probably more.
ALEX OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN
LEFT FOR: £35m to Liverpool
WORTH: £50m

It might look harsh on Arsenal, but the simple thing is that Oxlade-Chamberlain went on the cheap.
At the time, it might have looked like good money - but it really wasn't and Wenger should have got more.
Now a Champions League winner and fighting for Premier League trophies, £35m looks good for Liverpool.
2018-19
JEFF REINE-ADELAIDE
LEFT FOR: £1.5m to Angers

Another one of the Arsenal youngsters who had promise and never really got quite there at the Emirates.
He went to Angers for a fee not even worth talking about, to a club little known in Ligue 1.
But he impressed for the France squad at the Euro Under-21 Championships, and now he is worth a fortune.
SANTI CAZORLA
LEFT FOR: free to Villarreal
WOTH: £15m

One of the most gifted players to ever play for the Gunners in recent times, and that's no exaggeration.
He made an emotional free move back to his homeland, mostly down to a number of injury problems.
But he proved he still has a lot to give - even getting a recall to the Spain squad - and was worthy of another contract.
JACK WILSHERE
LEFT FOR: free to West Ham
WORTH: £15m

Once one of the most talked-about English players and touted as a dead certain Arsenal legend.
Only injuries have blighted the academy product from being up there with the true greats of the Premier League.
Now, at West Ham after a free, if he stays fit this season he is worth some cash - but they'll always be those question marks.
2019-20
DANNY WELBECK
LEFT FOR: free, no club

He might not have fulfilled what they thought, but he scored some important goals for Arsenal.
The England striker is still going to do a solid job for someone next year despite a bad injury-plagued campaign.
There's no denying the ex-Manchester United forward is worth some cash and still has some years at the top left.
AARON RAMSEY
LEFT FOR: free to Juventus
WORTH: £60m

This is one that will hurt for years and years to come, arguably their best player gone on a free.
Yes, he's getting a good wage and going to a top side, but how could the Emirates hierarchy let this one happen?
The Welshman is worth at least, if not more than, £60m and it's nothing short of embarrassing he has left.
TOTAL: £210m

Sources: https://www.google.com/amp/s/shewore.com/2019/01/03/arsenal-lose-200m-due-to-poor-player-sales/amp/

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by dominique(f): 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2019
These players listed played nothing less than five years for the club so how exactly did they lose? Mos players lose value as they grow older so their clubs know they can NEVER let go of them for same price they were purchased so there's no loss here

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by clementjames: 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2019
Those that don't want to spend money
What do you the money to do ���������

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by Nbote(m): 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
dominique:
These players listed played nothing less than five years for the club so how exactly did they lose? Mos players lose value as they grow older so their clubs know they can NEVER let go of them for same price they were purchased so there's no loss here

I'm an Arsenal fan and I must tell U Arsenal made some of d worst transfer dealings ever made d last couple of years... Letting Serge Gnabry, Aaron Ramsey, Chamberlain and Reine-Adelaide leave d way and manner did shows how clueless Arsenal have become with players and signings. Dey allowed Gnabry's deal to run down to d final year and let him go to d olympics without offering him a new deal whatsoever. By d tym he got back from d Olympics his stock had risen and he left for free and is now a mainstay in Bayern.

25 Likes

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by Benekruku(m): 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2019
Sigh....

When they will be buying 4 players with £70,000.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by Eavy(m): 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2019
See ehn, how I wish I can just quit supporting Arsenal, buy every time I try it, I just find myself sliding back. As I'm typing this, a girl is over my phone, all she want is for me to tell hr I love her, but, Arsenal has already taken my heart and strangled it to death. How did I got here? well, I blame it on Thierry Henry. I'm not even afraid of break up anymore, Cus in s season, arsenal break my heart like fifty times. even when they win, the line up, substitution, game plan, anything, there must just be something to break your heart with. Still a gunner though.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2019
That's why their transfer budget this summer is £45m grin

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by nairalee(m): 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2019
Z
Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by simonlee(m): 9:27pm On Jul 03, 2019
Na Ramsey own go pain pass!

22 Likes

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by ednut1(m): 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2019
Trash. You are only worth what the highest bidder wants to pay

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2019
......And they say they are making profits...

No profits, No Trophies!

Gunners fans they try sha!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by samcus(m): 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2019
Fastest way to go bankrupt in Nigeria, buy a 4G enabled phone, Buy Airtel sim card.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by nepapole(m): 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2019
grin grin
Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by ForeThinker: 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2019
Bad side of history

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by kponkedenge(m): 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2019
Most of the people in charge of our transfers are gone, both Wenger and Ivan Gazidis.... So in the next few years from now, our transfer won't be as silly as this again.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by Magnumproperty: 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2019
2019/2020 will be a tough season for the gunners

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by PlayerMeji: 9:31pm On Jul 03, 2019
I cannot fit laff..

So all the information about Arsenal being a prudent club na wash...
Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by Femeto: 9:31pm On Jul 03, 2019
Rubbish the only players I rate amongst them is Gnabry and Cazorla.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by Lawrry(m): 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2019
Arsenal, when somebody is too stingy, there is no way you won't later hurt yourself by your deeds.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by Alejobs: 9:33pm On Jul 03, 2019
Is it really difficult to be good?
Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by Adakintroy2: 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2019
. Other that the style the content of your writeup is bullshiit.

#1. Serge was sign from stuggart 2012 for £80.000Was sold 2016 for 5m. Profit made= around £4m.

#2.szczneszy joint the youth team from legia- walsaw
Progress through its rank to first team..sign a profession contract in 2006. Was sold to juventus after a two loan spell at roma. For around £10m plus add ons.

Total profit made =10million plus.

#3. Alex chamberlaine was bought for £15m pounds from Southampton.2011. Was sold £35m.

Total profit made = £20m

The rest. Wishers, welbeck, santi. Ramsey were mostly injury prone..although they saw out their contract and left as free agent. No loose there.

So we're did the £200 plus loss come from oga?

You don't need to twist fact to make us look bad. Every club go through ad spell.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by Ejix4(m): 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2019
Arsenal why una dey do us like this na, we the fans dey suffer o cry
Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2019
ednut1:
Trash. You are only worth what the highest bidder wants to pay
True

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by TheKingIsHere: 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2019
Arsenal is the most useless football club in football history.

Take it or leave it.
Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by TheKingIsHere: 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2019
Ejix4:
Arsenal why una dey do us like this na, we the fans dey suffer o cry

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by helinues: 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2019
Just that?

All tickets Wey Arsenal cut go be X10 of that amounts. grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by Zaikon(m): 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2019
dominique:

They left free
Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by Criticaltemp: 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2019
When when their mates are making profitable transfer options with more billions of pounds.. Stingy club
Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by Carlyboi(m): 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2019
So you know see Sanchez own abi?or u think getting that waste mikhitaryan in exchange was any decent deal we’re still losing on Ozick right now with that thing eating up wages and having no market value how arsenal prioritized ozils contract over Sanchez still beats me till today!i mean an ozil over your best player for all the seasons he played since 2014 that he arrived at Arsenal well dem go get sense las las you kno you wud always sell Ramsey why don’t you extend his contract by at least 3yrs and put yourself in a good stead to get decent money on his sale when u remember Liverpool sold solanke for over 15m and and Barca got over 50m for both digne and yerry Mina wud make you wanna cry at Arsenal’s foolishness and stupid transfer dealings and we’d still get chumps like mustafi and xhaka for bout 90m how dumb?i just tire for this club of mine!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by rusher14: 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
They didn't lose money.

They simply didn't make the maximum from the transfers.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Lose £210m In Four Years Thanks To Poor Transfer Dealings by TANID(m): 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
How Do I Join Any Others Football Club Please I Want Leave Arsenal

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria 1 - 1 Equatorial Guinea (Olympic Games Qualifier). / Manchester United Are In Dialogue To Extend Ighalo's Loan Deal- Solskjaer / Napoli Ask Chelsea To Double £3.5m Offer For Maurizio Sarri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.