Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,226 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Women At The Receiving End - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women At The Receiving End (1109 Views)

Wife Kills Husband In Ondo For Receiving Phone Call From Mistress / Why Do Women Are Always At Receiving End Of Family Planning? / Ugandan Man Marries 3 Women At Once, 2 Of Them Are Sisters (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women At The Receiving End by DaBogu: 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2019
Man tells woman he doesn't want the pregnancy early enough.
Woman still decides to keep it anyway thinking that he will change his mind. Man doesn't acknowledge the existence of the child.
Woman causes a public scene and drags man's relatives into the matter

We keep forgetting that Nigeria is not known to have a strong child support policy for single mothers. I've never heard of a single case. If there was, we can easily enforce compliance on the side of the man , whether he wants the child or not.

Knowing that the policy is unlikely to be enforced anytime soon, many women will always be at the receiving end of negligent baby daddies. History has proven this.

6 Likes

Re: Women At The Receiving End by bukatyne(f): 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2019
DaBogu:
Woman still decides to keep it anyway thinking that he will change his mind. Man doesn't acknowledge the existence of the child.

We keep forgetting that Nigeria is not known to have a strong child support policy for single mothers. I've never heard of a single case. If there was, we can easily enforce compliance on the side of the man , whether he wants the child or not.

Knowing that the policy is unlikely to be enforced anytime soon, many women will always be at the receiving end of negligent baby daddies. History has proven this.

Let me understand you well.

A man and woman have unprotected sex and lady gets pregnant. She decides to keep the baby even when the father is not in support. She should get child support once the man is confirmed the father. Ok! The child support is a punitive measure (i.e. he loses the control of his funds) in that the father should have been responsible to use protection if he did not want a child.

Let's flip the narrative:

The man wants the baby while the woman insists on aborting it. What should be the punitive measure? We can also argue that she should have used protection if she did not want the child.

A woman would be at the receiving end if the man doesn't want the baby and absconds. Here, she wants the child.
A man would be at the receiving end if the woman doesn't want the baby and abort it. Here, he wants the child.

My point?

If we want to force men to pay child support whether they want the children or not, we must force the women to carry the babies to term whether they want the children or not.

8 Likes

Re: Women At The Receiving End by Avast(m): 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2019
It is actually true but still our young girls would never learn. I have a female friend who got pregnant 4 years ago. Her so call boyfriend left the country before she even gave birth. He dey Greece now with another lady and a baby, you can imagine that. My friend is here, no single guy wants to marry her because she has a child already.

7 Likes

Re: Women At The Receiving End by LordKO(m): 3:22pm On Jul 04, 2019
bukatyne:

Let me understand you well.

A man and woman have unprotected sex and lady gets pregnant. She decides to keep the baby even when the father is not in support. She should get child support once the man is confirmed the father. Ok! The child support is a punitive measure (i.e. he loses the control of his funds) in that the father should have been responsible to use protection if he did not want a child.

Let's flip the narrative:

The man wants the baby while the woman insists on aborting it. What should be the punitive measure? We can also argue that she should have used protection if she did not want the child.

A woman would be at the receiving end if the man doesn't want the baby and absconds. Here, she wants the child.
A man would be at the receiving end if the woman doesn't want the baby and abort it. Here, he wants the child.

My point?

If he want to force men to pay child support whether they want the children or not, we must force the women to carry the babies to term whether they want the children or not.

Very sound and palatable submission logically. Meanwhile, a scenario like this - citing the OP's POV and your submission, both of which can individually be assumed conscientious-like depending on/from the angle where one is viewing them - will always validate the importance of one making altruism as the mutual core value one and another must either possess as attribute or promise to give as attitude in all conditions before having anything amorous to do with each other. It's when the chips are down, like in this case, that its importance is most appreciated.

Citing the OP's account, the man's action is quite conscientious-like. But an altruistic person in his stead will still volitionally care for the child without being enforced to do so by any person or organization/law, despite the woman's refusal to abort the baby as he had wanted and instructed.

Altruism will always remain (human beings) most effective compelling mechanism in all matters of interpersonal relationship - especially an amorous one. It saves a lot at point in time, like this, when both logic and conscientiousness can't be good enough to enable/bring stimulation and harmony.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women At The Receiving End by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2019
My own question is this, how does a man think, knowing he has a child somewhere, but chose to not pay for upkeep and all, then come back years later to claim the child when he/she is fully grown, is that not stupidity in the highest order? won't his conscience prick him knowing he never had a hand in the child's welfare? Doesn't he have no shame? A man MUST pay for child support even if he never wanted the child in the first place, for posterity's sake.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women At The Receiving End by anthonyuncle(m): 7:59am On Jul 06, 2019
u don't want a child yet u did it without protection

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women At The Receiving End by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2019
some men are wicked
Re: Women At The Receiving End by DaBogu: 9:52am On Jul 08, 2019
undecided
pandv:
some men are wicked
Re: Women At The Receiving End by Houseofglam7(f): 10:00am On Jul 08, 2019
OP,your problems are MANY undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Women At The Receiving End by DaBogu: 10:02am On Jul 08, 2019
Houseofglam7:
Re: Women At The Receiving End by DaBogu: 11:47am On Jul 15, 2019
Some guys need to hear this?
Before you impress your girlfriend, make sure your mother is not starving at home.
Re: Women At The Receiving End by SMJay: 1:17am On Jan 13, 2023
wink
DaBogu:
Some guys need to hear this?
Before you impress your girlfriend, make sure your mother is not starving at home.
Re: Women At The Receiving End by frozen70(f): 3:24am On Jan 13, 2023
DaBogu:

Any woman that decideds to keep her pregnancy against the man's wish, have already done all she needs to calculate before taking that decision

Dont pity her
She already knows what she is doing

So it's either it works out for them now or in the future

Women hardly goes into something that will not benefit
Re: Women At The Receiving End by culf: 3:49am On Jan 13, 2023
DaBogu:

Why sleep with a lady and even go raw when you know you don't want a child. Are you aware she can die doing abortion, aside it been totally wrong, what then happens; the guy moves on while the parents mourn their daughter i guess? Let's be considerate sometimes and put ourselves in others positions and see how far.
Re: Women At The Receiving End by Rubyjade: 7:21am On Jan 13, 2023
wink
Fountainofyouth:
My own question is this, how does a man think, knowing he has a child somewhere, but chose to not pay for upkeep and all, then come back years later to claim the child when he/she is fully grown, is that not stupidity in the highest order? won't his conscience prick him knowing he never had a hand in the child's welfare? Doesn't he have no shame? A man MUST pay for child support even if he never wanted the child in the first place, for posterity's sake.
Re: Women At The Receiving End by QuinModah(f): 11:37am On Jul 15, 2023
grin
Houseofglam7:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

OMG!! Naked Couple Fall To Their Death From A Balcony While Having S*x (photo) / Frozen Embryos Brought To Life 30 Years Later, Breaking Last Record / What’s The Best Loan App?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.