Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

THE CHASE (A Detective Kolapo Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE CHASE (A Detective Kolapo Story) (604 Views)

THE WITNESS (A Detective Kolapo Story) / WEB...Travails of a detective. / The Chase: A Military Crime Thriller (A Hunt Series Book 2) Excerpt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE CHASE (A Detective Kolapo Story) by TemmyT002(m): 10:57am On Jul 06, 2019
That was how the most wanted armed robber in Ibadan, Sarafa Scorpion, was sighted in Apata Ibadan. He was the most wanted criminal in the whole of Oyo State.

The town of Apata is almost a city on its own. It is a vibrant town with many hardworking people who take their work seriously and where people work and cooperate irrespective of their religion or status.

Sarafa’s picture has been shown many times on television stations; his name was mentioned and his features were described on radio stations. The Oyo State Police Command wanted him desperately. Unfortunately, Nigeria is a country with highly irregular electricity; therefore many Nigerians do not have the time or opportunity to watch TV stations. Even as Sarafa’s name was mentioned on radio stations, no one gave a damn.

This is the reason why most wanted people in Nigeria walk about unnoticed. They even crack jokes and go to parties with their fellow Nigerians. But this time around, someone who was an avid television station audience recognised Sarafa.

The person was Baba Olopa. Baba Olopa was a retired police sergeant. He had a generator that worked 24/7. When he saw Sarafa, who had come to visit a girl in Apata, he called the police immediately.

Sarafa was negotiating the price of a beautiful bag for the beautiful girl in his arm when the policemen arrived. They came in their black pick-up van, about five of them. Sarafa was a smart man. He pushed the girl away and ran. Some of the heavily armed policemen chased after him and people moved out of their way with fear.

“Challenge, Challenge, 150 naira,” an okada rider was screaming, unaware of the ruckus behind him. Sarafa ran towards him, pulled the man from his motorcycle and flung him away. He started the motorcycle and roared away, almost colliding with a car.

The owner of the bike stood up from the gutter where he had landed and screamed, “Oloshi, oloriburuku, oleee. Give me my bike. Help me stop him!” The policemen ignored him as they ran to their own vehicles.

The police vans chased after Sarafa, who was weaving past oncoming vehicles and overtaking buses. Cars and trucks moved out of the way to allow the police vans to pass. The policemen radioed ahead to their branch after BCJ and IAR&T.

The police at the branch quickly set up a roadblock and waited for Sarafa. When Sarafa showed up, he brought out an automatic weapon and with one hand began to fire at the policemen. The policemen dived away and Sarafa moved around the roadblock, moving towards Odo Ona.

Now, seven police vans chased him. They chased him past Olugbode, Fatima until they got to the Roundabout that led to Dugbe or Ring Road. Sarafa followed the RingRoad route where he encountered a traffic jam; but he was able to maneuvre his bike.

When the police vans got to the traffic jam, no amount of their threats and noises made any vehicle give way; it was a total lockdown.

Detective Kolapo, the youngest detective in the Oyo State Command, jumped down. He dropped his automatic and strapped on his pistol. He ran towards an okadaman with no passenger. He showed the man his ID card. “Sir, I am detective Kolapo and we are chasing a criminal. Please, I need use of your bike.”

The man stared him up and down. “Wetin concern me? Abeg, leave me alone.”

“But we are working for your saftey,” Kolapo persisted. “We need to catch this man before he kills more people.”

“Ogbeni, leave me alone. Na by force? What is my business with the police?”

Time was going, Sarafa was slipping away and Kolapo was frustrated. “But the police is your friend.”

“Which kain stupid friend? Police wey collect 2000 naira from me yesterday? Mtcheww. Abeg, comot for here.”

Kolapo’s mind was made up. He pulled the man off his bike, jumped onto it, started it and rode off. The man jumped up and shouted, “Oleeeee, were, oloshi.” The Chase began.

Kolapo was once an okadaman and he he knew how to drive around and overtake vehicles. He weaved his way around cars and trailers and soon, he saw Sarafa in the distance. The latter was having trouble with moving around. Kolapo marvelled that the man didn’t disappear into one of the corners on Ring Road, but instead, he continued towards Challenge. Perhaps, he had an appointment there.

Skillfully, Kolapo moved nearer to Sarafa. Sarafa looked back and saw the policeman very close. He brought out his gun and fired, but the policeman dodged, moving out of the gun’s sight.

Before Sarafa could adjust his aim, Kolapo suddenly jumped off his bike and dived towards Sarafa; both of them landed hard on the expressway. Since they had both been speeding, their bikes collided with a loud crash.

His face bloody, Sarafa jumped up and kicked Kolapo viciously in the face; Kolapo fell back hard as a tooth flew out of his mouth. His arms and legs were bruised. The people around them scattered when they saw their guns.

Sarafa dived towards his gun and when he brought it up, Kolapo kicked it out of his hand. He punched at Sarafa’s head but Sarafa dodged and gave him a badass uppercut. Kolapo fell back again. Sarafa ran to him and began to squeeze his neck. Kolapo’s eyes bulged as he felt his life draining.

Continued in the source...

https://opinionsandstories.com/the-chase-a-detective-kolapo-story/
Re: THE CHASE (A Detective Kolapo Story) by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 07, 2019
simple and well written the website is 100% working and user friendly

1 Like

Re: THE CHASE (A Detective Kolapo Story) by TemmyT002(m): 2:37pm On Jul 07, 2019
Cylovee:
simple and well written the website is 100% working and user friendly

Thanks for this. I really appreciate it.

(1) (Reply)

Being Human / Ella's Song / Shots Fired (a Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.