Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,150 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

23 Interesting Facts About Hepatitis B Virus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 23 Interesting Facts About Hepatitis B Virus (466 Views)

Is It Possible That Over 20 Million Nigerians Are Living With Hepatitis B Virus? / BHT Capsule Turn Positive Hepatitis B Virus To Negative Within Few Months / All You Need To Know About The Deadly Hepatitis B Virus! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

23 Interesting Facts About Hepatitis B Virus by udomoh(m): 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2019
After several inquiry email messages to my box about hepatitis B virus, I decided to listen to our esteem readers by writing on the facts about hepatitis B virus. Let us create awareness about this deadly organism and eradicate hepatitis B virus from our societies. Below are the facts about hepatitis B virus.

FACT 1: hepatitis B virus is far deadlier than HIV.

FACT 2: it is the commonest cause of viral hepatitis.

FACT 3: it is present in all body fluids like blood, urine, semen, vaginal and cervical secretions, breast milk, tears, and saliva of infected persons.

FACT 4: hepatitis B virus is 100 times more infectious than HIV.

FACT 5: it can be transmitted through sexual contact.

FACT 6: this virus can be transmitted via body contact with infected persons.

FACT 7: the virus causes liver cancer

FACT 8: hepatitis B virus can survive on a non-living surface for up to 3 months (HIV survives just 3-5 minutes in a non-living surface).

FACT 9: it is transmitted from mother-to-child during pregnancy.

FACT 10: The rate of transmission of hepatitis B virus from mother-to-child is 90%! Now that is huge.

FACT 11: every pregnant woman is screened for the virus and vaccinated during antenatal visits.

FACT 12: it damages the liver by causing inflammation and scarring.

FACT 13: a cause liver failure.

FACT 15: it can cause both acute and chronic hepatitis.

FACT 16: persons infected with the virus may not have any symptoms but can infect others. They are called carriers.

FACT 17: about 300 million persons are carriers of the virus in the world.

FACT 18: it can be transmitted via needle stick prick, blood spray, and touching blood with unprotected hands.

FACT 19: recipients of the unscreened blood and blood products are at risk of contracting the virus.

FACT 20: Everybody is at risk of being infected but health workers, intravenous drug abusers, commercial sex workers are at greater risk.

FACT 21: the infection is treatable but the drugs are very expensive and relapses are high.

FACT 22: hepatitis B virus infection is best prevented by immunization.

FACT 23: The virus can be contracted via kissing �

https://nimedhealth.com.ng/2017/08/01/facts-about-hepatitis-b-virus-updated/?amp

1 Like

Re: 23 Interesting Facts About Hepatitis B Virus by Asquare84(m): 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2019
I DON'T BELIEVE THIS MODE OF TRANSMISSION

REASON

I WENT FOR PRE-EMPLOYMENT LAST YEAR AND I WAS DIAGNOSED OF HEPATITIS, TO MY SURPRISE I LOOK SO HEALTHY WITH OUT ANY SYMPTOM OF THE SICKNESS, ALTHOUGH I MOVED ON WITH MY LIFE COS I DID NOT CARE MUCH

SO AFTER READING ALL THE MAKE BELIEVE OF OUR DOCTORS THAT THE SICKNESS CAN EASILY TRANSMITTED I DECIDED TO GO FOR FURTHER TEST AND I WAS PLACE ON DRUGS, I TOOK THE DRUGS AND WENT FOR THE REMAINING TEST BUT AS I TYPE MORE THAN A MONTH I DID NOT CARE TO COLLECT THE RESULT.

SO, LAST WEEK MY WIFE WAS NOT FEELING FINE AND I TOOK HER TO HOSPITAL AND THE DOCTOR RECOMMEND WE CONDUCT TEST ON HER AND I PERSONALLY REQUEST FOR HEPATITIS TEST TO BE CONDUCTED ON HER TO MY SURPRISE SHE IS NEGATIVE WHILE I AM POSITIVE, SO HOW COME WE HAVE BEEN HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX FOR YEARS AND SHE IS NEGATIVE WHILE I AM POSITIVE. I MAY BEG TO DEFER WITH SOME OF YOUR WRITE UP.

(1) (Reply)

Virgins And Masturbation / Nigerian Doctor Warns Against The Use Of Saliva As Lubricant During Sex / This Young Lady Needs Your Help Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.