Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

See The Data Whatsapp Collects From You - Litetech Guide - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See The Data Whatsapp Collects From You - Litetech Guide (403 Views)

Learn How To Find Out What Google Knows About You And Limit The Data It Collects / Yale Doctors Collects Viruses From Pond To Destroy An Antibiotic Resistance Infe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See The Data Whatsapp Collects From You - Litetech Guide by JosWatchDog(m): 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
The Data WhatsApp Collects From You: If you are following up with tech breaking news, you would recall that in early April 2018, the giant social messaging platform, WhatsApp made it known that every registered user can now see the information they (WhatsApp) collects from them.

This means that WhatsApp has made it possible for users to personally see this very information by allowing users to easily download that hidden information which WhatsApp collects from them.

Though WhatsApp claimed that they don’t have access to your conversation, therefore they don’t listen to it.

The question now is, how true is this?

Well, worry no more with the latest WhatsApp update, users can now request to see these pieces of information which WhatsApp collect from its users by granting them access to request for the data and then download it directly to their phone for easy reading.

What Is WhatsApp Data Collection?
There is no specific definition for this, but with the research, I have carried out, I was able to come up with a better and simpler definition of the term “WhatsApp Data Collection”.

WhatsApp data collection is those hidden pieces of information which WhatsApp collects from its users without their consent.

What information does WhatsApp collect from me?
Below are the five (5) major information WhatsApp collects from its users:

1. Device Information

First is the device information, under this secton, you will find the following data’

Inactive since

Previous Connection IP

Current Connection IP

Device Type

App Version

Device OS Build Number

Device Manufacturer

Device Model

Web/Desktop platform

Web/Desktop Connected Since

Web/Desktop Availability State

Web/Desktop Inactive Since

About

About Set Time

Profile Picture

2. Your WhatsApp Information

Under this section, you will find information on the following data

Report Generation Time

Report Request Time

Phone Number

Name

Connection State

Online Since

Offline Since

Inactive Since

2018 Terms of Service

Accept Time

3. Registration Information

Here you will find the following data information

Platform

Network

Network Name

Device

Registration Time

4. Settings

Under this section, you will see the following data

Last Seen Privacy

Profile Photo Privacy

ABout Privacy

Blocked Numbers

Read Receipts

Groups

5. Terms Of Service

Under this section, you will find the following data

2016 Terms Of Service Accepted

2016 Terms Of Service Accepted Time

Data Sharing opt-out

Data Sharing Opt-out Time

2018 Terms Of Service Accepted

2018 Terms Of Service

Profile Picture Upload Time

Contacts

The above-listed information is the data which WhatsApp collects from its users.

Out of curiosity, many online users have asked the following questions;

Can I request my WhatsApp data?

The Answer to that question is YES!. Just like I explained earlier, the giant social messaging platform, WhatsApp made it known that every user can now see the information they (WhatsApp) collects from them.

How do I download My WhatsApp data?

To download your own copy of the data which WhatsApp collects from you, follow the below steps

Step 1: Launch your WhatsApp Application.

Step 2: Tap on the 3 dots, click on Settings.

Step 3: Click on Account.

Step 4: Click on Request account info.

NOTE: It takes up to three (3) days before your data is sent to you.

After the 3rd day, a ZIP file will automatically be downloaded to your phone. After the file is downloaded, you will be notified then select Export report.

With all this, you may be wondering or wanting to ask; Is WhatsApp still secure?

Yes, WhatsApp is secured because the information collected is not disclosed to anyone else except you. Remember WhatsApp does not read or listen to your messages.

Source: https://litetechguide.com/see-the-data-information-whatsapp-collects-from-you/

Lalasticlala mynd44

Re: See The Data Whatsapp Collects From You - Litetech Guide by JosWatchDog(m): 9:39pm On Jul 07, 2019
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Rwanda Launches The First "Made In Africa" Smartphones : From The Market Angle. / Please Help Someone Just Hacked My Fb Account. / Get 1GB Free Data On Airtel NG And Vodafone GH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.