Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,754 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Maverick puzzles - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Maverick puzzles (1351 Views)

Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers / Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. / Picture Puzzles To Keep Your Eyes & Brain Active (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maverick puzzles by Genial(m): 2:03pm On May 10, 2007
I came across these puzzles while I was reading (and living!). These are not classical riddles with specific answers, but yield themselves to any number of correct interpretations. I would like to invite anyone with their thinking caps on to attempt them.

1. A man is sunbathing on a beach with a newspaper covering his face. Three women walking by have the following discussion:

Woman A: That looks like my husband lying over there.
Woman B: That is certainly not your husband.
Woman C: That man certainly doesn't live in this village.

What do you think is the most likely explanation of what is going on?

2. An individual faces a firing squad, and fifty expert marksmen aim their rifles (at this individual) to carry out the deed. The order is given, the shots ring out, and somehow all the bullets miss and the condemned individual walks away unscathed.

How can this remarkable  event be explained?

Happy thinking! grin
Re: Maverick puzzles by ikamefa(f): 4:47am On May 11, 2007
to answer the 2nd puzzle!

1: the marksmen were firing blank bullets at the accused or
2: they were not aiming at the accused person or
3:the accused man was wearing a(very strong) bullet proof vest or
4:the accused man was saved by Jesus Christ grin grin

now to the 1st puzzle: the ladys' husband is prolly gay (on the down - low) grin and that village is full of homophobic indigenes, so that her husband is in for a lot of wahala " grin " ( how dare he sunbath on a beach like a girl) grin grin grin grin
Re: Maverick puzzles by Genial(m): 6:50pm On May 11, 2007
LOL, Ika.

My thoughts:

Q1. Since it is not said that the man is naked, I am free to assume that he is wearing clothes. If this is so, then woman A is his new wife of less than 24 hours, hence her inability to tell whether or not the man is her husband. Woman B is his ex-wife/girlfriend of several years, who knows the man very well. Woman C is the village masseuse, hence her ability to tell that the man does not live in the village (I can also assume that it is a very small village!)  grin  grin.

Q2. In addition to Ika's well thought-out options:

5. Another person stood in front of the man and took his bullets.
6. A big bird flew down just as the men were going to fire the bullets and carried him up, putting him down immediately the shots had been fired so he could walk away by himself.
7. There was an earthquake and all the marksmen fell into a big ditch and fired their bullets upwards, while the man was not affected.
8. All the bullets somehow missed their mark - this is to be expected as there is a degree of probability that each of the fifty men could have missed the target. 

grin grin
Re: Maverick puzzles by SimplYeahmee(m): 11:04am On Dec 17, 2013
for the 2nd question: the condemned stood at a spot while all the marks men supposed aimed at him with one eye closed thereby not aiming at the exact target and jst aiming around him and after firing their only bullets they all missed because targeting with one eye closed gives a false image of the target. Q1: the man was probably lounging in his compound and slept off and dreamt of himself sunbathing on the beach wen 3beautiful ladies accosted him. The 1st one being very beautiful would av insinuated that that's her husband to be cos the guy is to die for. The 2nd woman wud av shoved her and insinuated that she was going to be his wife. While the 3rd woman would have actually been the real wife trying to wake him up in reality about a man that just strolled into their compound. Looooool

(1) (Reply)

Can You Find A Ballerina Dancer Hidden In This Image.. / Original Snooker Cue Stick With Leather Pouch For 19k Only / New Nairalanders Post Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.