Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

How The Media Is Conforming Us - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How The Media Is Conforming Us (253 Views)

Recently One Of The Fastest Rising Comedians On The Media Space - Wahala Twins / Biography Of Nigerian Veteran Musician, Daddy Showkey The Media Never Told You / Busty Female Corper Set The Media Ablaze With Eye-popping Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How The Media Is Conforming Us by pressplay411(m): 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2019
Keep your heart with all diligence,
For out of it spring the issues of life.
Proverbs 4:23

The Media is one of the most sensitive mechanisms and by inference Profession/department.
There's a reason the adversary is also called prince of the air. (Airwaves). Ephesians 2:2

The Media is to the World what the Soul is to Man. They are both the channels through which Control/Programming/Conforming/Influencing takes place.

Communication has to do with the transfer/passing of Information between two or more people. Key word being Information.
In basic Communication, there are 3 parties involved;

The Source (Sender) --> Medium/Media (Interpreter/Translator)--> The Receiver

The Major challenge is that the quality and authenticity of the information being communicated is highly dependent on the Interpreter (Medium/Media).

For Communication to be EFFECTIVE there has to be proper interpretation (Understanding) and Expected Result (Output).
Input must be equal to Output.
Garbage In, Garbage Out (GIGO).
Information communicated should not be distorted or corrupted or misunderstood.

In relation to the World, this is why we have to be careful of the Press/Media/Social Media.
In relation to Man, this is why we have to be sensitive who is controlling our Souls.

In the World, we have to be careful who our Media are: Who we listen to, where we expose our selves to and our sources of news.

As man (humans) we have to be sensitive who interpretes in our soul. Is it the Holy Spirit or other spirits? That person determines how we view the world. It determines how we are being conformed (Romans 12:2) and how we react to situations. (Matthew 15:11)

Be Sensitive.
Re: How The Media Is Conforming Us by pressplay411(m): 11:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
Communication is Everything.
And the purpose of communication is both information dissemination (by the speaker) and Understanding (by the audience).
Our Miscommunication is the Apple of Discord that has continued to divide the Body of Christ, and by extension, the world at large. Same happened in the Tower of Babel.
Effective Communication is important to both the Speaker and the Listener to avoid Miscommunication, Misunderstanding and Misrepresentation.

When he said that "Women weren't God's original plan", what did you as a believer do?

The Bible is our source of the Word of God. And truly, God created man first, so what does it say?

Genesis 2:18- And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.
Genesis 2:21-23 So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.
And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place.
Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.
And Adam said:
“This is now bone of my bones
And flesh of my flesh;
She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man.”

This was simply what the Pastor explained. Did he say women were a mistake?
Did God say Women are a mistake?

He simply said, Women came out of God's afterthought that "It is not good that man should be alone."

If I were a woman, I'd choose to consider that neither God nor the Pastor that shared what God said in the Scriptures was wrong, but to understand what God saw and deposited in the Woman that made her to be called Man's Helper, comparable to him.

A woman, will either be a blessing for the rise of man, or a curse for the fall of man. That is the power of a woman.

Grace and Understanding to us all.
Re: How The Media Is Conforming Us by pressplay411(m): 11:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
I hardly share this, to avoid misunderstanding.
But there's a difference between what happened in the creation of man in Genesis 1 and Genesis 2.
It would seem like God created man and woman twice, if that difference is not understood.

The difference is- Male and Female is different from Man and Woman.

In Gensis 1:27 Adam (one Man) was created both male and female. Not physically, because he was not yet formed.

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:27

In Genesis 2:7. God formed the physically complete Man (male and female).
It was later in Genesis 2:21-22 that God made the woman out of the man. Then they became 2 separate people (man and woman) who clinged together to become 1.

Please don't take my word for it, study and pray for more understanding. As a woman, to understand why God created Woman is critical.

Grace and Understanding to us all.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Vs Buhari: I Was Forced To Sign Presidential Result In Favour Of APC – Wit / #bbnaija 2019 : Tacha Has Body Or Mouth Odour - Ella (video) / Watch Live Video Of Tacha Said To Ike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.