Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

National ID Card And International Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / National ID Card And International Passport (1648 Views)

National ID Card Wahala / Nigerians Without National ID Card Won’t Get Travel Passports, Says NIMC / Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National ID Card And International Passport by AtoningBlood(m): 1:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
Hi Nairalanders,

Am in a fix now, I'm supposed to be in Dubai in 2 weeks , but i have some challenges.

I called an agent to quickly fast track my passport renewal process but i was asked if I have national ID, i only have the old one i got in 2003 which according to them it's not valid.

I went to zenith, i was told to come back tomorrow, eti osa local government here is full, you may spend two days before it will get to you.

How do i get these ID cards ready within 1 week or highest 22nd of July?

I just need the number on the national ID, to proceed to paasport office.

According to zenith, it will take two weeks for the number to be out..

Any helpful tips will be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: National ID Card And International Passport by kunleweb: 1:12pm On Jul 09, 2019
Have you tried other forms of identification like license LASRa International drivers license
Re: National ID Card And International Passport by AtoningBlood(m): 1:19pm On Jul 09, 2019
kunleweb:
Have you tried other forms of identification like license LASRa International drivers license

I will csll him now to ask if LASRA is acceptable. My driver's licence has expired.

Am just ID cardless walahi, but lasra is easy to get
Re: National ID Card And International Passport by kunleweb: 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
AtoningBlood:

I will csll him now to ask if LASRA is acceptable. My driver's licence has expired.

Am just ID cardless walahi, but lasra is easy to get

Lasra is same day

License renewal is same day or two days maximum

Its good you posted this. Now you know. Run, make the move cheesy
Re: National ID Card And International Passport by AtoningBlood(m): 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2019
kunleweb:

Lasra is same day

License renewal is same day or two days maximum

Its good you posted this. Now you know. Run, make the move cheesy

Thanks so much.

They are not picking my calls now. Maybe they are busy. Just that they emphasise on the NIN.

At eti osa, you must get your lasra before NIC
Re: National ID Card And International Passport by kunleweb: 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2019
AtoningBlood:

Thanks so much.

They are not picking my calls now. Maybe they are busy. Just that they emphasise on the NIN.

At eti osa, you must get your lasra before NIC

I got mine at eti osa. There's no order. Go to the axial around Igbo efon. License renewal is the best just pay and pickup next day
Re: National ID Card And International Passport by ifyalways(f): 2:56pm On Jul 09, 2019
Don't waste your time with drivers nonsense and Lasraa. Only NIN will work so better pursue it.

Nigerians generally don't take things serious until it's too late. This NIN registration started many years ago but no one took them.serious
Try traveling out of Lagos to a less populated state capital for the NIN. Also go with your bvn number handy

3 Likes

Re: National ID Card And International Passport by ifyalways(f): 2:56pm On Jul 09, 2019
Drivers license, not nonsence. smiley
Re: National ID Card And International Passport by Ka03: 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
I understand that the NIN is a requirement for the newer kinds of passports that are now being issued by the Immigration departmentin some states (including Lagos).

You might be lucky to get a passport in a state where the NIN is not yet a requirement. I am not sure of which states these might be, though.
Re: National ID Card And International Passport by youngking22(m): 5:21pm On Jul 09, 2019
please is these eti osa (LG) the one in obalenda
Re: National ID Card And International Passport by AtoningBlood(m): 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2019
Thanks everyone.

My going out today i can say was for info gathering, nothing was achieved.

I have 3 options:

Go back to eti osa, but i don't know how long I'll have to wait.

Go to zenith bank, they said it will take 2 weeks to get my NIN

To to ikoyi but i cant go there early because i have to get my kids ready for school. The guy i called called i will get my NIN in 3 days if i come down to ikoyi.

Forth option, I don't know if there is another lga not populated as eti osa. I doubt if there is any, if lekki people plenty like that, surulere or other places will be badder.
Re: National ID Card And International Passport by AtoningBlood(m): 8:18pm On Jul 09, 2019
youngking22:
please is these eti osa (LG) the one in obalenda

Eti osa is lekki axis.

Obalende own I guess is Victorial Island.

That's the one someone is asking me to visit for a 3 day NIN
Re: National ID Card And International Passport by AtoningBlood(m): 8:21pm On Jul 09, 2019
ifyalways:
Drivers license, not nonsence. smiley

I get, thanks.
Re: National ID Card And International Passport by AtoningBlood(m): 8:03pm On Jul 11, 2019
Finally, I've gotten my NIN.

Off to passport office tomorrow.

Not easy
Re: National ID Card And International Passport by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 11, 2019
AtoningBlood:
Finally, I've gotten my NIN.
Off to passport office tomorrow.
Not easy

How did you get it?
Re: National ID Card And International Passport by AtoningBlood(m): 7:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
hatbricker:
How did you get it?

I left my house 6am to the centre. They do it first come first served.
I met a guy there who said he paid 2k to get the NIN same day.
I just spoke to the guy doing the capturing, he printed it for me an hour after I captured.

(1) (Reply)

Haitians V Afghans Heading For America / US F1 Visa Enquiry / Pls How Do I Transfer A Uk Visit. Visa To A New Passport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.