Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,131 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday (36242 Views)

Danfo Driver Who Took One-Way Fled & Abandoned His Bus When He Sighted Sanwo-Olu / 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki / Admiralty-lekki-ikoyi Bridge: What Is The Solution To Regular Traffic There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday by blujoi(m): 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
Someone has already answered this question earlier on this thread. There is an agreement by the LASG to concession that road to LCC, to build and toll in order to recover their (LCC) investment. Now I am not arguing for or against the reasons why it is being tolled, I only proffered a solution to the horrendous traffic gridlock regularly experienced on that axis.

ChristineC:
the question is why is an already existing road being tolled 24hrs every day?
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday by ishawlar: 7:23pm On Jul 10, 2019
Thanks i spent #650 everyday on toll gate 400 ikoyi link and 250 lekki epe toll monday to friday. E no easy o
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday by sooperrescue(m): 7:23pm On Jul 10, 2019
kYjelly2:

Nice one bro, I’m sure you love Abuja airport road. That road is so standard, that it’s very sad thinking why all highways across Naija can’t be that way.

Lekki toll highway is just the epitome of corruption bro, like mad sickening corruption.

To think that the road generates nothing short of a billion Naira every month and they can’t even standardize the minuscule 15km road, it’s just sad.

The lanes have all washed away, when you’re driving at night, the whole place will just be dark, short of a few stretches close to the tolling point.

We have very evil leaders across Nigeria bro, demons in human skin.

How can third mainland that is free be fresher than a 15km road that generates over 1 billion every single month? Doesn’t make any logical sense, but then most things in Nigeria don’t.

I just tire for naija true. Go to yankee and both the toll road and it’s alternativ will be fresh. In fact, in yankee, the major reason for a toll road that I’ve seen, is a way to decrease the distance travelled, like how ikoyi link bridge decreases the distance travelled from Lekki to Ikoyi.

These guys just added one extra lane to the already existing road and started tolling, after using area boys to drive away protesters. Okay now that you have been successful in tolling, you can’t even put lanes on the road? Or make sure the road is fresh

Abeg bro, enjoy Abuja highways!!
It was supposed to be 49kms to epe. Since 2006, they have been constructing the road. By our concession laws, you must finish the road before you start tolling but greed and might is at play. They used RRS and Area boys to beat protesters and then 13yrs on the road, it is not near Epe.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday by Kobicove(m): 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2019
FarahAideed:
This man is looking for Tinubus trouble , Tinubu that is always counting his toll gates money even in sleep

grin
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday by naijajobx: 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
Oh
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday by MobilityExpress: 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2019
Those bastard toll gates need to be scrapped, both the lekki 1 and ikoyi link bridge. 50% of traffic on the island is caused by those tolls. Have they not made more than enough money on it? All the football field roundabouts also should be removed, they are too big abeg. The freedom way and ikate elegushi junctions should be expanded and those danfos picking passengers by the middle of the road should be arrested. They have turned lekki to another oshodi, no difference again. Agbero full everywhere. Danfo form 2, 3 lanes on the highways loading to pick passengers anywhere they like. Ajah is even worse. Island is so overrated. Traffic there is hell, every single day, except Sunday.
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday by CaptainFM1: 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2019
Can't they do the analysis on a simulator?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday by grandstar(m): 1:13am On Jul 11, 2019
It seems as if Sanwo-olu seems to have a populist streak. Populism and financial waste or indiscipline can never be divorced.

I detest the gridlock on that road but it was a necessary evil that a toll road had to be built to recover the monies spent on making the road first class.

Some may argue that Lagos State must have recovered the money spent on that road. This might be true or might be force.

What this government must understand is that the world is watching and any populism shown towards PPP projects will scare foreign investors away from future projects. Populism and reneging on the terms of a contract too can't be divorced.

I was shocked to learn that Ilaje in Ondo state is only 75 miles away throw a coastal road but to get there today by car takes at least 3 hours.

For the coastal road to be built, it would cost hundreds of billions of Naira and I can only see well oil investors doing the job. But which foreign investor will pump money into long term infrastructure projects of such magnitude with both the federal and state government infamous for failing to meet their own part of agreements. Worse, when one considers MM2, it seems the government does not even understand and appreciate the nature of these projects. They are like children who neither understand and allowed to remain unperturbed and undisturbed.
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday by mysteryman2014: 2:20am On Jul 11, 2019
grandstar:
It seems as if Sanwo-olu seems to have a populist streak. Populism and financial waste or indiscipline can never be divorced.

I detest the gridlock on that road but it was a necessary evil that a toll road had to be built to recover the monies spent on making the road first class.

Some may argue that Lagos State must have recovered the money spent on that road. This might be true or might be force.

What this government must understand is that the world is watching and any populism shown towards PPP projects will scare foreign investors away from future projects. Populism and reneging on the terms of a contract too can't be divorced.

I was shocked to learn that Ilaje in Ondo state is only 75 miles away throw a coastal road but to get there today by car takes at least 3 hours.

For the coastal road to be built, it would cost hundreds of billions of Naira and I can only see well oil investors doing the job. But which foreign investor will pump money into long term infrastructure projects of such magnitude with both the federal and state government infamous for failing to meet their own part of agreements. Worse, when one considers MM2, it seems the government does not even understand and appreciate the nature of these projects. They are like children who neither understand and allowed to remain unperturbed and undisturbed.

Nice submission, however understand that the concession of the lekki Road to LCC has been bought back by the Lagos state government. So as it is the road belongs to the state. So the Lagos tate government may decide to stop the tolling if this will improve traffic flow and remove the daily grid lock occasioned because of the toll plazas.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday by ogene144(m): 5:29am On Jul 11, 2019
NOL2dworld:
For those who wish to know, no matter what U are going through, Suicide is not the solution..

I know someone who can give U everlasting Peace, Joy and rest of mind, his name is Jesus.. Jesus Christ is the answer.. If U want to know more about him let me know..
Can Jesus give me money to settle my debts?
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday by SoupNazi(m): 8:03am On Jul 11, 2019
NeekolazWorld:
I heard the though the monies collected regularly from all the tolls in Lagos goes to the government, Tinubu has a certain percentage in all. I don't know how true this info is but it was from a very reliable source.

If it's from a "very reliable source", how come you still don't know how true it is?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday by grandstar(m): 9:48am On Jul 11, 2019
mysteryman2014:

Nice submission, however understand that the concession of the lekki Road to LCC has been bought back by the Lagos state government. So as it is the road belongs to the state. So the Lagos tate government may decide to stop the tolling if this will improve traffic flow and remove the daily grid lock occasioned because of the toll plazas.

It is still the same thing. Lagos State reneged on the project because of opposition from the populace and was compelled to take over the project

It now going further to by ending the tolling of the road.

Now imagine if you are a big time investor and went into partnership with Lagos State to upgrade the road and in exchange, you were given to toll it in 3 places and we're to exercise control for 25 years.

You and your partners borrow the funds from banks and upgrade the road and now toll it.

Then there's backlash from from the populace as they complain that the road should be free. That why should they pay tolls for what should be their right blah blah blah.

The government buckles and says we no do again. They "compensate" you and say " we no do again". No vex o. The government now takes over the road.

A few years down the line, even the one toll gate that you were permitted to operate before the government nationalised the project, they now intend to dismantle.

You shake your head. This is the state government. You find out the federal government is no better. They have reneged on some PPP as well such as MM2.

The federal government now wants a PPP to build a coastal road that will connect Lagos State all the way to Calabar. This road will cost 600billion and will take 5 years to complete.

Will you be rushing to invest? Will your bankers be willing to lend you money?

A contract is contract and needs to be honoured to the letter. (Psalm 15:4c)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday by mysteryman2014: 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2019
grandstar:

It is still the same thing. Lagos State reneged on the project because of opposition from the populace and was compelled to take over the project

It now going further to by ending the tolling of the road.

Now imagine if you are a big time investor and went into partnership with Lagos State to upgrade the road and in exchange, you were given to toll it in 3 places and we're to exercise control for 25 years.

You and your partners borrow the funds from banks and upgrade the road and now toll it.

Then there's backlash from from the populace as they complain that the road should be free. That why should they pay tolls for what should be their right blah blah blah.

The government buckles and says we no do again. They "compensate" you and say " we no do again". No vex o. The government now takes over the road.

A few years down the line, even the one toll gate that you were permitted to operate before the government nationalised the project, they now intend to dismantle.

You shake your head. This is the state government. You find out the federal government is no better. They have reneged on some PPP as well such as MM2.

The federal government now wants a PPP to build a coastal road that will connect Lagos State all the way to Calabar. This road will cost 600billion and will take 5 years to complete.

Will you be rushing to invest? Will your bankers be willing to lend you money?

A contract is contract and needs to be honoured to the letter. (Psalm 15:4c)

Good submission, that is really the risk involved in doing business in Africa. Somersault in government polices, at times to victimize perceived enemies.
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday by NOL2dworld(m): 4:29pm On Jul 11, 2019
ogene144:

Can Jesus give me money to settle my debts?

Only if U believe..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beautiful Photos From Abia State / The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities / 14-year-old Stowaway Found At Lagos Airport Was Tired Of Nigeria –firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.