Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,420 members, 7,836,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Gulf Of Mexico Storm Pushes Oil Price To $66 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gulf Of Mexico Storm Pushes Oil Price To $66 (7701 Views)

BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu / Dollar Recovery Crashes Oil Price To $64.89 Per Barrel / Oil Price Inches Towards $70, 44% Above Benchmark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gulf Of Mexico Storm Pushes Oil Price To $66 by enshi(m): 7:26am On Jul 11, 2019
Until it translates to price reduction in school fees transport fares house rent food stuff and food wages .. This is just mare statistics
Re: Gulf Of Mexico Storm Pushes Oil Price To $66 by TANID(m): 7:28am On Jul 11, 2019
dayleke:

You summed everything up bro....
chop knuckle
grin

Seriously We Lost Almost Everything After We Get Oil As A Nation Even Our pride.

Maybe If This Oil dry We Go Get Our Sense Back.
Re: Gulf Of Mexico Storm Pushes Oil Price To $66 by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 11, 2019
meobizy:
I guess those working in similar rigs around the world will smile, their economies aren’t affected.
What of the shale oil thing which made headlines back in 2015, it has gone quiet?

Ahead-ahead naim we dey for this country.
We have no time for competitors in the petroleum industry.

Horizontal drilling is really striving in the Delaware Basin located in West Texas..........I don't see it going quiet if the oil price stays steady. This is why the US isn't buying our oil any longer. The midland and DJ basin is producing more than enough for the Americans.
Re: Gulf Of Mexico Storm Pushes Oil Price To $66 by alphaNomega: 7:39am On Jul 11, 2019
meobizy:
I guess those working in similar rigs around the world will smile, their economies aren’t affected.
What of the shale oil thing which made headlines back in 2015, it has gone quiet?

Ahead-ahead naim we dey for this country.
We have no time for competitors in the petroleum industry.

Shale extraction is still on going, the US needs oil prices high so the fracking process is profitable. They also need it low to get cheap crude oil from imports. Either way, the US has something to gain.
Re: Gulf Of Mexico Storm Pushes Oil Price To $66 by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 11, 2019
alphaNomega:

Shale extraction is still on going, the US needs oil prices high so the fracking process is profitable. They also need it low to get cheap crude oil from imports. Either way, the US has something to gain.

Obama Era kicked against fracking and that was why drilling license was restricted in the Delaware basin. Trump Era propelled companies picking up more rigs and making cool cash. I kinda kick against fracking tho, since its a mixture of acid and water which isn't environmentally friendly.
Re: Gulf Of Mexico Storm Pushes Oil Price To $66 by alphaNomega: 7:58am On Jul 11, 2019
Cephaze:

Obama Era kicked against fracking and that was why drilling license was restricted in the Delaware basin. Trump Era propelled companies picking up more rigs and making cool cash. I kinda kick against fracking tho, since its a mixture of acid and water which isn't environmentally friendly.

Bro, the environment will be fine. The main challenge is the Middle East, give them small breathing space and they'll be rubbing Islam and Sharia on your face. I love the tactics the West is using, keep them fighting themselves (see Yemen) while you continue your business as usual. Among Arabs, Asians (I think Arabs are also Asians) and Black people I no know who dull pass.
Re: Gulf Of Mexico Storm Pushes Oil Price To $66 by dayleke: 7:59am On Jul 11, 2019
TANID:
grin

Seriously We Lost Almost Everything After We Get Oil As A Nation Even Our pride.

Maybe If This Oil dry We Go Get Our Sense Back.

I concur...
Re: Gulf Of Mexico Storm Pushes Oil Price To $66 by gnykelly(m): 8:06am On Jul 11, 2019
vastolord4:
Agric is the key
It is not the key... It is just a tool
Re: Gulf Of Mexico Storm Pushes Oil Price To $66 by Gerrard59(m): 10:10am On Jul 11, 2019
vastolord4:

Not individuals, countries bro.. check how much we made from just groundnut pyramids far back in the 60s and 70s

You folks should please stop elevating agriculture as the panacea to Nigeria's economic problems. Singapore, Japan, China, US etc aren't rich because of agriculture. Before you list Brazil, India, Thailand, Netherlands, Argentina etc. it's important to note that they've huge industrial capacity and service sectors.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Keke Spare Parts And Motorcycle Spareparts / What Does Money Mean To You? / Commercial Production Of Tinned Tomatoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.