Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,302 members, 7,842,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu (17880 Views)

Ali Nuhu And His Lookalike Son (Photo) / Ali Nuhu Celebrates 16th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife / Fatima Ali Nuhu Birthday: Daughter Of Ali Nuhu Celebrates Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by igwefivestar(m): 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2019
GISTBL0G:
Award-winning actor, Ali Nuhu, has been in the industry for quite a while. Mostly featuring in Hausa-speaking movies, many perceive him as being snobbish for not appearing in movies made in the southern part of the country. But in a chat with Sunday Scoop, the dark-skinned actor gave his reasons. He said, “There is a disconnection between the film industries in the northern and southern part of the country. There are many reasons for this; one of which is the market.

In northern Nigeria, the stories usually have Muslim themes with Hausa tradition, while in southern Nigeria, it is mostly Christian stories with either Igbo, Yoruba, Benin or southern cultures. As a result of different cultures and backgrounds, northern actors are not usually comfortable with the roles they are given in the southern film industry. That makes it uncomfortable for them to be part of the industry.

“Having said that, I don’t think the dichotomy is healthy for the industry because when movies cut across both axis, they tend to attract a wider audience. If there is a way the gap can be bridged, it would be of immense importance to the industry.”

The actor said he had been able to remain relevant in the industry by staying loyal to his target audience. “When I started out with movies in southern Nigeria, I used to experiment with different kinds of roles. And with time, I started realising the type of roles a large chunk of my fans wanted me to play and I adhered to that. If I am not comfortable with any role given to me, I tell the producer outright that I cannot do it. Every actor should have a target audience and endeavour to give them what they want per time. That is how I have been able to cope over the years,” he stated.

Contrary to the notion that the northern film industry is too strict, even going to the extent of banning actresses from hugging on camera, Nuhu stated, “I wouldn’t say that the industry is too strict, but the background and culture an actor comes from matters a lot. If you’re from a particular area and are loved by the people of that area, if you do things your audience is not comfortable with, you would be automatically rejected. And if you’re rejected in the North, even the producers in the south would not want to work with you.”

https://punchng.com/northern-actors-uncomfortable-acting-in-the-south-ali-nuhu/amp/
go and sit down my friend

2 Likes

Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Menance: 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2019
Pls leave Nollywood before you bring RUGA into SE

1 Like

Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by MrImole: 10:43pm On Jul 14, 2019
Why this nonsense on nairaland?
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Enemyofpeace: 10:44pm On Jul 14, 2019
Mumu talk. You're not a professional period and you people use your beastly religion to make decisions on anything and everything you do

7 Likes

Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by MhistaRolla(m): 10:44pm On Jul 14, 2019
someone should tell dat keeper to resign, how can u state a wall and still stand behind it?.....Ali Nuhu is a good actor though

1 Like

Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
very soon they will say we should give them movie ruga so they catch up with their southern counterpart
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by urboyAce(m): 10:56pm On Jul 14, 2019
The guy wey no even sabi act. Abegii

1 Like

Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by JudasNaCarrot: 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
RUGAWOOD

1 Like

Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Shimran(m): 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
simonlee:
as a christian living in northern Nigeria, let me reserve my comment before them tear my visa!
If really you are living in the North, you will 100% performs any of right and obligation without restrains. Joke apart, were you been ever treated purposely for your belief or origin before in the North? Assume yes. pls give us a thorough gist of it. Unbiased pls
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
EkunKekere:
Who is emperor I-MESS?

If you had posed your question with respect, I would have answered you.

Until you do so, just take this: Emperor Imes is coming grin
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by czarina(f): 11:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

Ok...who is Emperor Imes?
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by EkunKekere: 11:22pm On Jul 14, 2019
I'm guessing we will smell emperor I-MESS before we see him grin

Let me wear my gasmask..

[img]https://media1./images/db1e339bc157d4dedaba9fb723bdf1e1/tenor.gif?itemid=12988224[/img]

OladimejiRufai:

Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by rodshafas87(m): 12:31am On Jul 15, 2019
I can't believe even u will talk like dis, Wetin una de act 4 Kellywood pls?
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 15, 2019
czarina:
Ok...who is Emperor Imes?

Now, good girl grin

Emperor Imes has a lot with which one could describe him but I would only touch a few.

Emperor Imes is a coming reformer who is going to arise from amongst the Muslims and the blacks and will create a soceity of people (Muslims) whose lifestyle would be reformed by the provisions and injuctions of true Sharee'ah and then this soceity of people he will create or form, with his great contribution, help and support, will achieve wonders and lead vituous and tremendous lives and they will serve as an example to the world on how best this life can be lived, how to achieve purpose of life and how best people can run their affairs. Imes, together with other members of this soceity will show people how life affairs should be run at virtually all areas, from religion to government, to education, to science and technology, to commerce, to leisure and entertainment, to general welfare and so on and so forth. And he will also come to show the world the true Islam that had been thrown into obscurity to many people in the world, the right the wrongs of Muslim organizations and figures, to eradicate innovations (in religion, please take note of what I mean innovations, meaning innovated acts of worship that has no basis in Islam), to liberate a lot of people from oppression and to generally touch the lives of millions positively. He is coming to show the world that true Shariah does not hinder development rather it encourages it and he is coming to shut the mouths of the people who claim that the Shariah is not suitable for the modern world. All these we pray Allaah enables him to achieve successfully.

Wow! I have said quite much grin Anyways, that is Emperor Imes for you grin Hope it was interesting?

1 Like

Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Rilley(m): 4:16am On Jul 15, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
grin

Simply because the South don't do Indian dances and use auto-tune

If you have watched a single Hausa movie, you would know what i am talking about
cheesycheesy
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by hollywater: 4:37am On Jul 15, 2019
Yet some people keep shouting one Nigeria. It is clear we don't belong together. North and South.
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by aksule(m): 5:22am On Jul 15, 2019
I just believe that the north needs to free itself from self imposed outdated ideas which is tied to religion while using modern technology at the same time to entertain people. If we're tied to religious based idea just like Saudi that won't allow women to drive a car until recently, then we have a long way to go .

1 Like

Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:06am On Jul 15, 2019
Your point is totally invalid... You're a not professional. If na like that Jackie Chan is a Chinese.. Have done many movies with American/British actors. Example. (The Foreigner) Chinese culture is totally different from European/American culture.
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by czarina(f): 7:08am On Jul 15, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

Now, good girl grin

Emperor Imes has a lot with which one could describe him but I would only touch a few.

Emperor Imes is a coming reformer who is going to arise from amongst the Muslims and the blacks and will create a soceity of people (Muslims) whose lifestyle would be reformed by the provisions and injuctions of true Sharee'ah and then this soceity of people he will create or form, with his great contribution, help and support, will achieve wonders and lead vituous and tremendous lives and they will serve as an example to the world on how best this life can be lived, how to achieve purpose of life and how best people can run their affairs. Imes, together with other members of this soceity will show people how life affairs should be run at virtually all areas, from religion to government, to education, to science and technology, to commerce, to leisure and entertainment, to general welfare and so on and so forth. And he will also come to show the world the true Islam that had been thrown into obscurity to many people in the world, the right the wrongs of Muslim organizations and figures, to eradicate innovations (in religion, please take note of what I mean innovations, meaning innovated acts of worship that has no basis in Islam), to liberate a lot of people from oppression and to generally touch the lives of millions positively. He is coming to show the world that true Shariah does not hinder development rather it encourages it and he is coming to shut the mouths of the people who claim that the Shariah is not suitable for the modern world. All these we pray Allaah enables him to achieve successfully.

Wow! I have said quite much grin Anyways, that is Emperor Imes for you grin Hope it was interesting?
We no want.

1 Like

Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by princessayesha(f): 7:08am On Jul 15, 2019
" Devide us devide us " but when we asked them to go they started crying grin
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 15, 2019
czarina:
We no want.

grin grin What? Come on girl?

This is not a situation of what you want. Whether the world likes it or not, he is coming. grin He is coming! grin

And besides, he is a man from amongst the Muslims and largely for the Muslims but totally for the world in general. How does it affect you? Daddy wants to know grin
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Fruitofthevine: 9:53am On Jul 15, 2019
Abeg,who knows the whereabout of Rev Mbaka?he's been missing in action since.
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by sterlingD(m): 10:33am On Jul 15, 2019
iyke926:
Different countries merged as one.
Who even watch Bokowood movies?
Sometimes I wonder how Hausas actually know the particular artist that is singing because all their songs sound the same.
ijmbXpert3:
Nollyboko grin

LWKMD

1 Like

Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Sanialee: 11:39am On Jul 15, 2019
Longlife d king
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Cityguy: 10:25pm On Jul 15, 2019
Solidkay:
Our writers

meanwhile make everybody dey bear him papa name abeg
Simple! We don't miss then and they don't miss us too. Let everyone face his direction.
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Cityguy: 10:32pm On Jul 15, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

Now, good girl grin

grin
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Cityguy: 10:34pm On Jul 15, 2019
sterlingD:

LWKMD
grin Bokowood
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 15, 2019
Cityguy:

grin

What is funny now

Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Cityguy: 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

What is funny now
U really dont have to know
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
Cityguy:
U really dont have to know

No I want to angry

Lemme waste my time on it. Or is it your time
Re: Northern Actors Uncomfortable Acting In The South — Ali Nuhu by Cityguy: 11:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

No I want to angry

Lemme waste my time on it. Or is it your time
There are few things one has control over but my friend, certainly not this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funke Adesiyan: Cheating Doesn’t Make Your Husband A Bad Person / Bisi Alimi Tells Kemi Olunloyo She Is Envious & Becoming Dangerous To Women / Omoni Oboli And Husband, Nnamdi Dance As He Celebrates His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.