Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

The Onyekuru "Log" Sleeping Position (Funny Meme) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Onyekuru "Log" Sleeping Position (Funny Meme) (3030 Views)

Funny Meme Of Ghana AFCON. / Paul Onuachu Is Nigeria’s Top Scorer In 2017; Beats Onyekuru, Okpotu, Ighalo / France Football Rates Onyekuru Higher Than Neymar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Onyekuru "Log" Sleeping Position (Funny Meme) by RighteousI: 1:08am On Jul 15, 2019
Why did this guy decide to lie down on the floor in the dying minutes? the vast majority of free kicks are not grounders so why did he lie down instead of joining the rest of the wall?

After careful analysis, it has been discovered that Onyekuru demonstrated the"log" sleeping position.

Funny enough, he was lying down facing the goal post and he would have watched helplessly as the ball flew into the net.

1 Like

Re: The Onyekuru "Log" Sleeping Position (Funny Meme) by KevMitnick: 1:10am On Jul 15, 2019
It's actually popular in football for defending freekicks close to the 18 yard box.

3 Likes

Re: The Onyekuru "Log" Sleeping Position (Funny Meme) by Oluwasaeon(m): 6:48am On Jul 15, 2019
It's common when you face demons like Messi, De Bruyne etc at freekicks . Wouldn't blame him though but an extra man on the wall would have made it really difficult for Mahrez. But as usual, when you pull it off, you're a genius. When you don't, you're stupid

5 Likes

Re: The Onyekuru "Log" Sleeping Position (Funny Meme) by cynthiaqueen98(f): 7:35am On Jul 15, 2019
very funny
Re: The Onyekuru "Log" Sleeping Position (Funny Meme) by THUNDER4real(m): 7:49am On Jul 15, 2019
To allow the Akpeyi guy assess the situation well, which he didn't but decided to dive aimlessly.

1 Like

Re: The Onyekuru "Log" Sleeping Position (Funny Meme) by femi4: 8:00am On Jul 15, 2019
THUNDER4real:
To allow the Akpeyi guy assess the situation well, which he didn't but decided to dive aimlessly.
Wrong.

At times, free kickers allow the walls to jump and hit the ball low on the ground. Onyekuru had to lie on the ground to prevent such situation.

Unfortunately, Mahrez went for the angle where Akpeyi supposedly covered and the ball went in
Re: The Onyekuru "Log" Sleeping Position (Funny Meme) by ebuka10box(m): 8:13am On Jul 15, 2019
Girls be like : when I'm 16 I would like to date Wizkid or rema , 17-22years I would like to get married to a rich politician, an oil worker or a celebrity, 25-35years :civil servant doesn't sound like a bad idea, 35-40years :teacher, plumber , electrician, chemist after all na God dey give handwork , 40-50 : nna, man na man oooo . I go take am as I see am . After all cotton and wool na still body e dey cover . Nwoko bu nwoke!!!!! 50-60years: e be like say oil dey my head , I just have that feeling God is sending me on a mission . My calling is divine and na holy spirit stamp am!!!!!!  During this time era u will be hearing songs like   Jesus I will be your friend, in any condition I will be your friend , no matter the situation I will be your friend..... Dem tell u say Jesus dey find bride!!!!!!!!! 60 years downwards : kemi olunloyo syndrome for don enter body ............. Abeg to the ladies out there or here on nairaland , forget all these things you want. Situations are not permanent , they are meant to change. Always go for guys that hustle legitimately, guys that got vision and trust me money will follow. 100million without a vision will lead to permanent poverty but a guy with vision will never run dry . Las las we go dey alright ........
Re: The Onyekuru "Log" Sleeping Position (Funny Meme) by Memberclub(m): 8:25am On Jul 15, 2019
They do it everytime in la liga because of Messi's freekick that looks like penalty to him. sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Onyekuru "Log" Sleeping Position (Funny Meme) by xtivin2: 5:46pm On Jul 15, 2019
To prevent the free-kick from being played underground when the wall jumps

(1) (Reply)

Billionaires Footballers Who Went Bankrupt. / Lists Of African Born Player's Playing For European Countries (Pics) / ⚽ Cristiano Ronaldo Salary ⚽

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.