Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Between Geology And Industrial Chemistry, Which Do You Advise I Go For? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Between Geology And Industrial Chemistry, Which Do You Advise I Go For? (1936 Views)

Confused Don't Know What Career To Choose Between Geology And Physiotherapy / Guys Between Biochemistry And Industrial Chemistry Which One Is Better / What Is The Difference Between Industrial Chemistry & Chemical Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Geology And Industrial Chemistry, Which Do You Advise I Go For? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 16, 2019
Which will you advise I go for between geology and industrial chemistry?
Also, the one I can easily secure job with after graduation. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Between Geology And Industrial Chemistry, Which Do You Advise I Go For? by babasolution: 10:36am On Jul 16, 2019
I advise u to go for industrial chemistry,this is the same dilenma i was in,i went for geology and i kind of regret it now,industrial chemistry will give u a better practical knowledge than geology which u can build upon

1 Like

Re: Between Geology And Industrial Chemistry, Which Do You Advise I Go For? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 16, 2019
babasolution:
I advise u to go for industrial chemistry,this is the same dilenma i was in,i went for geology and i kind of regret it now,industrial chemistry will give u a better practical knowledge than geology which u can build upon

Thanks, you talked about better practical knowledge but considering the rate of unemployment in the country presently which one can someone gain employment easily with?
Re: Between Geology And Industrial Chemistry, Which Do You Advise I Go For? by patotie(m): 2:23pm On Jul 16, 2019
oluwadamilare247:

Thanks, you talked about better practical knowledge but considering the rate of unemployment in the country presently which one can someone gain employment easily with?

Geology to industrial chemistry.

Both physical sciences I assume.

Geologist can't be compared to chemist on a salary scale..

Bros as a geologist your opportunities are boundless..
From hydro to mining to oil exploration to civil construction.

And as a consultant... My o my...leave am

Well I hate chemistry and I wish I hate it more.

For the cheque go to geology.
For getting close to nature Geology
Been recognised off and on shore Geology

Geology na senior brah for where chemistry they..

What is industrial chemistry?

1 Like

Re: Between Geology And Industrial Chemistry, Which Do You Advise I Go For? by babasolution: 2:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
oluwadamilare247:

Thats wat am saying,industrial chemistry will likely give you better skills to make you more employable in different sectors more than geology

1 Like

Re: Between Geology And Industrial Chemistry, Which Do You Advise I Go For? by olujinmisamson1(m): 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2019
My own take is , which one your head carry , don't think chemistry is like organic something you re doing in secondary school abi shey Geology where you hardly found 2:1, am not discouraging you though but I wish they had told me somethings before I got to University too.. try and do any course that you can make good grades, every courses has its own significant and to solve societal problems..
Re: Between Geology And Industrial Chemistry, Which Do You Advise I Go For? by Mohammedekete: 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
oluwadamilare247:
Which will you advise I go for between geology and industrial chemistry?
Also, the one I can easily secure job with after graduation. Thanks in anticipation
for better pay go for geology,for fast employment go for industrial chemistry

1 Like

Re: Between Geology And Industrial Chemistry, Which Do You Advise I Go For? by jesmond3945: 10:59pm On Jul 16, 2019
Op I would advise you go for industrial chemistry. Geology is a limited discipline, oil and gas unlike industrial chemistry that has so many applications infact and insdustries you can work in. Let me mention them; solar panels, electronics and computers, drugs and medicine, oil and gas, mininig, steel and metal industry, batteries and so on. Infact without you a petroleum and chemical engineer cannot work.

1 Like

Re: Between Geology And Industrial Chemistry, Which Do You Advise I Go For? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 18, 2019
Thank you very much I appreciate you all
Re: Between Geology And Industrial Chemistry, Which Do You Advise I Go For? by MegaStarr(m): 10:45am On Jul 18, 2019
You may have made up your mind already by now. However, I'd strongly advise you go for Industrial chemistry as geology is limited in practice in Nigeria. In addition, the field of geology is static, there's nothing new to learn there and one can't improve upon existing knowledge; it gives little room for innovation.

I graduated from geology in 2010 and I'm practicing in the field but I wish I chose something different while seeking admission. Try seeking advice from friends who have taken both courses.
Re: Between Geology And Industrial Chemistry, Which Do You Advise I Go For? by iCauseTrouble: 7:50am On Aug 02, 2019
Talking of employment opportunities and salary scale, geology is far ahead than industrial chemistry.
Re: Between Geology And Industrial Chemistry, Which Do You Advise I Go For? by Franzee(m): 1:10pm On Aug 02, 2019
Indu . Chem very difficult....rare to see first class and second class upper student....it's broad chemistry...I would advise you geology over industrial chem

(1) (Reply)

I Sincerely Recommend Every Higher Institution Students To Get This Book. / The World Will End On Sunday According To Reading Of Mayan Calendar / ASUU To Set Resumption Date, Reveal Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.