Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs (2598 Views)

Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? / See The 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Configurator Valued At 14.3million Naira / Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by StCapital: 11:43am On Jul 16, 2019
Please Admin, if here is not the right place to post this issue, please help me to move it to the right place. A 2015 Rav4 from U.S and shipped to Nigeria in a container with other peoples goods with 2 other SUV's and the handler in U.S told me that it will cost #1,785,000 to clear it and he sent the contact of the consignee in Nigeria to me, I contacted him and after our discussion he sent bank account where to pay the money to start the process for clearing the Rav4, after a week or more I transferred the whole money to him. Now the Rav4 is out registerred but on the way arround Ogun state, the Nigerian custom said the Rav4 is under valued and under paid, they said the Agent paid only #600,000 that he should have paid at least #1m and that they are going to raise BN to pay additional money ,my brother called the consignee he said he is not the agent but just the consignee and he gave my brother the Agent's number and my brother called he said there is no amount of money you pay to custom they will agree that it is enough as custom duty, he said he doesn't want to speak with any custom if he does they will ask him to come down to Ogun state, that my brother should find way to settle with them after much discussion they collected #25,000 ,then arround benin another custom, the same story and they collected another #50,000 and I called the consignee by myself whom I paid the money to and he said the same thing the agent said about custom. Please is there anyway to report this issue to Nigerian custom Service may the Oga at the TOP or any legal way to follow so that the agent will clear my Rav4 properly because I cannot spent that huge amount for clearing and still spend money because of job not properly done. Cleared from Tincan. Thank you my people , I waiting for useful response.
Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by atelysir(m): 11:48am On Jul 16, 2019
StCapital:
Please Admin, if here is not the right place to post this issue, please help me to move it to the right place. A 2015 Rav4 from U.S and shipped to Nigeria in a container with other peoples goods with 2 other SUV's and the handler in U.S told me that it will cost #1,785,000 to clear it and he sent the contact of the consignee in Nigeria to me, I contacted him and after our discussion he sent bank account where to pay the money to start the process for clearing the Rav4, after a week or more I transferred the whole money to him. Now the Rav4 is out registerred but on the way arround Ogun state, the Nigerian custom said the Rav4 is under valued and under paid, they said the Agent paid only #600,000 that he should have paid at least #1m and that they are going to raise BN to pay additional money ,my brother called the consignee he said he is not the agent but just the consignee and he gave my brother the Agent's number and my brother called he said there is no amount of money you pay to custom they will agree that it is enough as custom duty, he said he doesn't want to speak with any custom if he does they will ask him to come down to Ogun state, that my brother should find way to settle with them after much discussion they collected #25,000 ,then arround benin another custom, the same story and they collected another #50,000 and I called the consignee by myself whom I paid the money to and he said the same thing the agent said about custom. Please is there anyway to report this issue to Nigerian custom Service may the Oga at the TOP or any legal way to follow so that the agent will clear my Rav4 properly because I cannot spent that huge amount for clearing and still spend money because of job not properly done. Cleared from Tincan. Thank you my people , I waiting for useful response.
I Am A Clearing And Forwarding At Tin Can Port Island Apapa Lagos 09051667474 08130792643 pls call me or message me on Whatsapp so I can explain and probably help you with raising the payment Sir
Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by bluebay(m): 11:51am On Jul 16, 2019
They Just using you to catch trip . Under paid or not, you got your document and it’s cleared .. All you need do is to claim relationship to one of their top officials for they know they can’t seize your Car.. Period
Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by oluwaseunla(m): 4:51am On Jul 17, 2019
OP, that vehicle's custom duty was underpaid. Permanent solution is to get another agent and pay the proper duty or else you will keep having issues with Customs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by StCapital: 6:51am On Jul 17, 2019
Good morning Nairalanders, I thank you all for your contributions and I appreciate , please I would like hear see more. Thanks
Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by diportivo: 7:16am On Jul 17, 2019
600k for a 2015 car shocked (make una fear god)

agent says theres no amount you pay that customs still wont talk of undervalue shocked (even the devil is shocked at this talk)

and u sent almost 1.8 to the agent?

I wonder why you have not arrested the agent to collect ur over 1m change (are you a Yahoo boy?) undecided

anywhere they stop u,na so u go dey pay bros

nobody is raising anything to complete any payment.....iv been there

ur fight is with the agent.......locate him and collect ur change

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by thebigkendo(m): 8:03am On Jul 17, 2019
The 1.8m you paid..was it to clear the whole container or just the Rav 4?

If it was just to clear the rav 4 & only 600k was paid please arrest that agent!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by dannybrasky(m): 8:21am On Jul 17, 2019
O.p if the whole money you paid was just for the rav4 you have been robbed! Arrest the agent and the consignee,they are owing you 800k to 1 million. Don't fall mugu,that money is way too much.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by StCapital: 8:24am On Jul 17, 2019
It is for the 2015 Rav4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by dannybrasky(m): 8:38am On Jul 17, 2019
They should have paid up to 1mill on duty! They short paid,get them arrested.

StCapital:
It is for the 2015 Rav4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 17, 2019
While your duty must have beeb underpaid, the NCS should do something about their guys especially the ones in Benin.

I have been stopped at many custom check points and they always let me leave after checking my papers but the day I got stopped at Benin, they said my duty was underpaid. Nothing wey I no talk o.

They eventually collected N2000 before I was allowed to leave.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by dannybrasky(m): 10:01am On Jul 17, 2019
Benin customs are notorious criminals,even if your duty is completely paid,they will still make sure they reap you off.

An inspector friend of mine was suppsoe to deliver a car to someone In Benin from lagos,duty was underpaid by just 50k. Guess what? Being an inspector didn't even earn him a single respect,they collected 1.5k from him after threatening to shoot him lol. Those Benin customs are not out to smile at all.

rationalmind:
While your duty must have beeb underpaid, the NCS should do something about their guys especially the ones in Benin.

I have been stopped at many custom check points and they always let me leave after checking my papers but the day I got stopped at Benin, they said my duty was underpaid. Nothing wey I no talk o.

They eventually collected N2000 before I was allowed to leave.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 17, 2019
dannybrasky:
Benin customs are notorious criminals,even if your duty is completely paid,they will still make sure they reap you off.

An inspector friend of mine was suppsoe to deliver a car to someone In Benin from lagos,duty was underpaid by just 50k. Guess what? Being an inspector didn't even earn him a single respect,they collected 1.5k from him after threatening to shoot him lol. Those Benin customs are not out to smile at all.

Inspector ke, I was with my wife and a less than 2 month old baby and the guy didn't seem bothered keeping us under that hot sun.

There was this big madam that was being transported in a Toyota Sequioa who refused coming down to talk to them and instructed his driver to call the custom official. For where, den no even answer the woman o say if she can't come down, she should remain in the vehicle.

I used to have a philosophy never to give bribes on the highway till I met those people. My brother, I had to bend my philosphy and paid N2000 with plenty with abeg grin

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by dannybrasky(m): 10:41am On Jul 17, 2019
rationalmind:

Inspector ke, I was with my wife and a less than 2 month old baby and the guy didn't seem bothered keeping us under that hot sun.

There was this big madam that was being transported in a Toyota Sequioa who refused coming down to talk to them and instructed his driver to call the custom official. For where, den no even answer the woman o say if she can't come down, she should remain in the vehicle.

I used to have a philosophy never to give bribes on the highway till I met those people. My brother, I had to bend my philosphy and paid N2000 with plenty with abeg grin

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by Chuksworld(m): 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2019
Next time, tell them the car was cleared with 600k because it was salvage. Damaged. You fixed it to it current state

1 Like

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by StCapital: 3:18pm On Jul 17, 2019
Chuksworld@ yes it was salvaged, I fixed it. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by thebigkendo(m): 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2019
Chuksworld:
Next time, tell them the car was cleared with 600k because it was salvage. Damaged. You fixed it to it current state

Salvage state do not reduce the duty rate.. Well except the chassis was affected..
Except car was dismattled & imported as parts.. 600k can never clear a 2015 car be it savage or not

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by StCapital: 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2019
Just little damage at the back tire fender
Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by StCapital: 6:50pm On Jul 17, 2019
I have checked the custom papers, they did not indicate whether the Rav4 is salvaged or not.
Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by dannybrasky(m): 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2019
All these doesn't matter. The bone of contention here is that the agent collected a good pay from you and then short paid your car duty. Do whatever it takes to make him cough out the cash to complete the duty. Unless you choose to pay from your own pocket,or choose never to travel with the car.

At least 900k to 1m should reflect on the duty paid to customs.

StCapital:
I have checked the custom papers, they did not indicate whether the Rav4 is salvaged or not.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by StCapital: 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2019
I thank you all for your useful contributions.
Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by AutoElectNG: 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2019
Evil day postponed but for how long?

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by jceesquare(m): 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2019
atelysir:
I Am A Clearing And Forwarding At Tin Can Port Island Apapa Lagos 09051667474 08130792643 pls call me or message me on Whatsapp so I can explain and probably help you with raising the payment Sir
Honestly I hate it when I read comments like this.
OP came to a public forum to seek help, and all you could do is drop your number and ask OP to call you without any meaningful suggestions?
You should be wiser than this. If you have any help, post it here for everyone to read and learn with your number, if OP or anyone else needs your assistance, they will call.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by jodeci(m): 1:40am On Jul 29, 2019
atelysir:

U want to privately scam him too? raise payment indeed!

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs by ThaRealNyke: 9:44pm On May 16, 2021
This is a free seminar (+234) 08069829826 - Call / Text / WhatsApp Martins for more information on Clearing and Forwarding, Import and Export, Air Freight and Sea Cargo delivery with proper documentation at Customs Apapa Wharf, Lagos Nigeria port authority.

Everyone deserves an easy way of Clearing their goods in Wharf Apapa Lagos, Nigeria. From a Container of Tokunbo Cars, New Cars, Trucks, equipment and gadgets, electronics, building materials and all types of goods in vogue at the normal charges.

(+234) 08069829826 - Call / Text / WhatsApp Martins for more information.
VANLEX GLOBAL EXPRESS NIG. LTD.
Office Address: 21, Complex Office, TINCAN Island, Apapa Lagos.

We are here on Earth to help each other!
Our presences in virtually Sea and Airports in Nigeria have facilitated the increase in our list of clientele far and wide, mainly those importing to Nigeria.

I help the Importers and Exporters with all Customs Brokers services , as well as statutory agencies for the provision of logistics support and documentations of exportation and importation of goods. I render Custom Licensed clearing and Forwarding services.

(+234) 08069829826 - Call / Text / WhatsApp Martins for more information.
VANLEX GLOBAL EXPRESS NIG. LTD.
Office Address: 21, Complex Office, TINCAN Island, Apapa Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? / Mercedes Benz AMG-GTR Vs Porsche GT3 / Navigate Nigeria With Our Garmin GPS - Nationwide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.