Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,275 members, 7,954,086 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! (2310 Views)

2015 Elections, From The Graphics Designer's Point Of View / Photoshop Videocast Right Here On The Graphics Forum / Improving The Graphics Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by wilsonhaze(m): 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2010
I've been visiting the graphics section and I've noticed that what used to be a place of interest to me has turned to a bore, I've noticed that all the correct posters are no more posting anything here anymore ehh!!, I haven't posted anything here in a while but i couldnt endure the dryness of this place anymore so I had to post something oh!, Personally I think it's the moderators fault.
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by Aseye(m): 9:01am On Oct 13, 2010
since ma years in this forum i don't think there is a moderator for this section for the forum, cos i don't even know him and that's probably because he is not active himself, its no news that this section as lost its touch, it just keeps getting boring day by day, i come in and check maybe even after days and still see that its still ma name that is the last post and that's so discouraging, been thinking, what can be done, but i no get any answer,
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by ukpai4real: 12:03pm On Oct 13, 2010
what i think is simple,
it u cant beat them you join them.
http://www.deviantart.com/
http://psd.tutsplus.com/
http://graphicspalace.com/index.php
Facebook Graphics Section
www.graphicdesignforum.com
www.estetica-design-forum.com
www.yourdesignforums.com

Nairaland Graphics Section is gone down,
The list website are the graphics forum pulling waves
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by wilsonhaze(m): 6:17pm On Oct 13, 2010
@ ukpal4real, if you look at all of the sites you mentioned, none of them are naija communities, this is the only exisiting forums for graphics that i know in naija, the rest i know have packed up. So don't you think it's necessary that creative people in Nigeria have a decent place to meet online?, At least someone from another nationality can check what we're doing.
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by OKX(m): 8:53pm On Oct 13, 2010
hang in there guys.
this is natural selection sorting out the pack.
every forum goes thru teething problems. lol
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by Aseye(m): 8:37am On Oct 14, 2010
and besides, i checked those sites out and they are kind of different, tried to see if i could get something to catch ma eyes, but it just looked all diff plus, some are not even a forum like dt, i guess what we have is nairaland and what we need is improvement,
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by wilsonhaze(m): 9:18am On Oct 14, 2010
So what in your opinion should be done to revive this forum, cos' i think the first problem here is the moderator, cos' there are too many junk/spam/wrong posts in this forum, take for example, i saw a post that says "unlock your internet modem free", and I'm wondering what in the hell is that post doing here. Please post any problems noticed so we can find solutions. Thanks
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by flagship(m): 7:57am On Oct 16, 2010
the moderator is probably dead. prolly died a long time ago!

pple r just getting bored of the place cos it offers nothing new, just adverts and vain threads
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by wilsonhaze(m): 10:06am On Oct 16, 2010
@ flagship, your sense od humour really got me laughing, but we need to work towards reviving this place, any suggestions will be extremly useful, so far it seems the moderator seems to be problem no.1
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by Aseye(m): 12:31pm On Oct 21, 2010
my suggestion, start up an INEC to prepare the section for a new tenure, that old moderator tenure don expire, whoever wins (without rigging oooo) will be announced all over the section and will be sworn in to take over the affairs of this section, hopefully, people will vote wisely and someone who can bring a change to the forum will emerge, let all interested candidates start showing interest, may the best man win, na ma own suggestion be dt o,
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by smartsoft(m): 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2010
Oya you guys elect me na! anyways for the forum have been here since seun started the web i had to run cos i was a bit busy and also i didn't feel the section anymore but yay! am back now and the samething still continues oya make una nominate me o.
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by Aseye(m): 5:25pm On Oct 21, 2010
oops, we have our first candidate, common guys, lets take this serious cos we never can say, if someone has that responsibility ova his shoulders, maybe things will change in this section. when we are done with all the candidates, we can now set up a poll for voting, we vote over a period of time and we choose our winner, then we have someone to hold responsible and can throw all the blame on,
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by Dolemite(f): 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2010
All these people crying about the graphic section, I didn't see none of you supporting AdamuW in his animation thread, you all kept numb. . .none of you contribute but are quick to cry. . .if that artist doesn't receive feedback from you graphic designers do you think he'd be motivated to post again? the section will continue to dwindle, and you'll continue to cry not knowing YOU are the cause.
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by Aseye(m): 8:52am On Oct 22, 2010
Dolemite:

All these people crying about the graphic section, I didn't see none of you supporting AdamuW in his animation thread, you all kept numb. . .none of you contribute but are quick to cry. . .if that artist doesn't receive feedback from you graphic designers do you think he'd be motivated to post again? the section will continue to dwindle, and you'll continue to cry not knowing YOU are the cause.

hey, i see you say alot on this forum but i just read and pass but this i wont, just read thru ur post and see for urself, you are so good at pointing but what have YOU urself done. everyone as the right to choose which post he will reply to, everyone as the choice of which artist he wants to drop feedback for, or whatever it is i want to drop doesnt matter where i want to drop it, if i didnt drop for AdamuW, i could still drop for smartsoft, i could drop for flagship, i could drop for any other person and still yet i am active, do u have to just come out like that and judge because of one, point out to us ONE THING you have done, and yet you come out and start talking about people crying, water no dey ur own eyes? if you wont cry, then act lets see you,
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by Dolemite(f): 3:26pm On Oct 22, 2010
Aseye:

hey, i see you say alot on this forum but i just read and pass but this i wont, just read thru your post and see for urself, you are so good at pointing but what have YOU urself done. everyone as the right to choose which post he will reply to, everyone as the choice of which artist he wants to drop feedback for, or whatever it is i want to drop doesnt matter where i want to drop it, if i didnt drop for AdamuW, i could still drop for smartsoft, i could drop for flagship, i could drop for any other person and still yet i am active, do u have to just come out like that and judge because of one, point out to us ONE THING you have done, and yet you come out and start talking about people crying, water no dey your own eyes? if you wont cry, then act lets see you,
That is exactly what I'm saying you guys are so picky to give feedback that is what is killing this section PERIOD!! I don't see why you'd want to give a certain artist feedback and ignore others. And you are crying, I see all these threads - it's the moderators fault it's this it's that. . .support people it encourages them!
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by smartsoft(m): 4:19pm On Oct 22, 2010
Dolemite:

Why u repeating post is ADAMU or what do you call his name, is he your boyfriend?? pls you don't tell us what to do.
Aseye:

hey, i see you say alot on this forum but i just read and pass but this i wont, just read thru your post and see for urself, you are so good at pointing but what have YOU urself done. everyone as the right to choose which post he will reply to, everyone as the choice of which artist he wants to drop feedback for, or whatever it is i want to drop doesnt matter where i want to drop it, if i didnt drop for AdamuW, i could still drop for smartsoft, i could drop for flagship, i could drop for any other person and still yet i am active, do u have to just come out like that and judge because of one, point out to us ONE THING you have done, and yet you come out and start talking about people crying, water no dey your own eyes? if you wont cry, then act lets see you,

Aseye thanks mehn you the bomb.
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by OmniPotens(m): 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2010
The person who thinks the Moderator is dead possibly is the dead one in here. Don't you think you have an email address on his profile to connect him? If there were things wrong what was expected of you was to simply make a report. How many of those modem things lasted there more than 2 days or were you the ones that got them out?

If the board got dry, did you ever make a post to revive it?

See the issue in here. Graphics is something of talent exhibition and pride. That is simply the game. If you've got the swagger then you post outstanding designs that no one else can beat. When others see that and you have the much pride, then they will be forced to post theirs. That way the fun continues. I remember when it was design of currencies when one lady was able to use Corel Draw to do something just too good. She was able to design her own currency note with it. How many of such threads have you started? How many designs have you posted and stood unbeatable? Man, borrow brain o. If you think there is a problem then attribute that to yourself first then you can start pointing finding someone to point fingers at.

Get to the music section for example and see what is up in there. The fellas in there get out topics and challenge their vast knowledge of things and that keep them going. Here, what's happening?

I need more posters to come in here and let's talk.

(***In case of any typo errors, pardon me because I'm on my mobile and not so patient as to read through again***)
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by wilsonhaze(m): 9:41pm On Oct 22, 2010
I knew it wouldnt take long before some beef would start on this thread. Guys please dont deviate from the subject matter, @omnipotens good to hear from you. @Smartsoft, i dont think any body is dragging the moderator with u so i support u. Please no beefing please!
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by Dolemite(f): 10:41pm On Oct 22, 2010
wilsonhaze:

Ii dont think any body is dragging the moderator with u so i support u.
It's not about beef, it's taking Panadol to cure cancer, the moderator is NOT the problem, even if he becomes mod two three months someone will still post a what's happening to this forum topic again i PROMISE you that!! Omni addressed the problem beautifully there. . .
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by wilsonhaze(m): 11:45pm On Oct 22, 2010
Omnipotens there's no need to beef me, i just raised a topic based on my observations here, i post topics here often(mostly interesting ones such as this one) and i read topics more than i write topics, so theres no need to talk dirty.
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by zPixel(m): 3:25am On Oct 23, 2010
One way i think this forum can be kept alive is by hosting challenges once in a while. That way people get more engaged and probably learn and get better. This just my opinion guys.
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by flagship(m): 5:05am On Oct 23, 2010
I shall lie under this bunk and see what comes out of this!
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by OmniPotens(m): 6:21am On Oct 23, 2010
Pls don't hide under your bunk. Speak out and let us get things in place. The board is dry so which way forward?

Come and let us get our heads working better to resolve this issue.

No beefs for anyone as I never beefed any as well. I only took the words and possible feelings of the poster to get others thinking and talking.
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by wilsonhaze(m): 8:52am On Oct 23, 2010
Good thing zpixel posted, i just remembered that he usually posts challanges once in a while (i remember winning one of the interesting 3d challanges ) smiley , I wonder what made him stop? , There were more interesting posts by the top posters and because i could not see them here again, it sprung my attention!! " what is happening in the graphics forum"
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by qeemus: 10:05am On Oct 23, 2010
Nice observations but no solutions yet.How about starting a weekly/monthly challenge that will be followed religiously . there should be judges for all the categories(3d,2d,photoshop etc).the winner gets to have the title of BEST ARTIST OF THE WEEK/MONTH.This is the only way forward, too much talk and less action mess up this section the more. wink
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by OKX(m): 1:39pm On Oct 23, 2010
here goes guys.
i am about to present a viewpoint that maynt go down well- pls bear in mind that i seek not to offend.

first off, the moderator aside from controlling unsuitable content simply moderates. i dont think he is responsible for creating the content as well. lol
dats 4 those who think hes to blame for the state of the forum.

i do think tho, that certain threads should be kept sticky for a long time- and dats his responsibility.

and hey, u dont need to be a moderator to bring woteva u think can help the forum to the table. go ahead n implement it or email him ur thots.
ive chatted with him a couple of times n hes remarkably open 2 ideas (albeit very busy).
dats 4 those who think changing him/getting elected themselves achieves anything.

this is a public forum, it evolves a life force of its own- and it feeds off everyones individual input.
u cannot hold a discussion on how to revive it- just do woteva u think will work to achieve woteva it is dat u want.
and mind u- we all want different things from it.

i started a 2d/3d art gallery primarily to serve as a talent pool for my firm and other companies out there seeking to recruit.
threads are started to satisfy a need, not just to retain activity.
if it serves a purpose- it survives and builds a following as long as d need exists.

the aim of the forum is to add value, not merely be a busy one. (atleast thats wot i want. im sure the site owners wont mind settling for just major traffic- thanx to AdSense. lol)

personally id rather visit here and see 2 posts (2 months apart) that add value to my game, than have to scroll through 5 pages of fun crap.
but thats just me- even the concept of 'crap' is relative.

artists are busy people- atleast the good ones are.
having the time to even pop in here daily says something about either ur commitment to the forum or ur work schedule (or lack of it. lol)
wheres moondust, jydekris, grafikdon etc?
dats 4 those who think active participation means posting or commenting on most topics. (if u can do dat, ure either Clark Kent or ur not very good)

but seriously, just post woteva- natural selection does the rest.
i think its been captured by someone already- if ur post interests someone, he/she will comment.
if ur art inspires a comment u will get it.

so enuff with the talk, d great thing is that an opinion was expressed and it mirrored the larger sentiment of the house.
just act on ur ideas, some will work- some wont.

r u also going to enforce participation?
participate in da challenge or u r banned!!!
hilarious!

u can post a controversial topic in, say, d romance section, and dat will give u lots of activity and participation, but hey, this is ART, people!!

let ur work do the talking.
hmmm. nice byline- let ur work do the work!
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by Aseye(m): 11:02am On Oct 25, 2010
well said OKX, took the time out to patiently read ur post,

will just address all of these the best way i can, for artists that do what they do and enjoy what they do, its fun for them and they enjoy doing it. I raised up the issue of election for the fun of it, seen it happen in a forum i was and it was hilarious and funny (and also truely, i think the post by omnipotens in this thread is the only one have seen in many many time ago). So it was just to get our mind of the boredom and have some spice to the section.

the issue of challenges is good, but sure not all can be part of it since, some o f we are busy and can only drop what they can once in awhile and what happens if you drop a challenge and the response is, i guess we just have to do what we have to do. If we all will take it up upon ourselves and really do what we can do to keep the section alive and all, it wont be that boring and you can always pop in once in aehile and get something new,

and to the moderator, just want u to know that the out cry (like somebody called it) is out of passion, people that know what they use to get out of this forum and dont get it no more, people that feel there could be more to this section and are passionate enuf to speak it out, so i think they should be appreciated rather than condemned (like some people have done), like it is, a forum it is,so different people with different humour, lets all just come in and enjoy the best way we can and if there is anything you not enjoying, you are free to voice it out and lets all discuss it as people that share the same passion and we will make headway just like we are doing exactly right now, thanks people, lets keep it up.
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by OmniPotens(m): 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2010
Thanks to all who have taken time to voice out here. As far back as 2008 or later, i know artists use upcoming events to compete. Things like christmas design, independence, easter, t-shirts etc. I've also given more than 5 jobs out to artist in here before becoming a moderator. My current logo was done by someone in here though i'm on to a rebrand. I've also gotten jobs from this forum so i know the good sides and bad sides of being in a forum. We talk and understand ourselves well here but i guess you need to try one of these foreign forums. Start a thread and see if anyone will respond you. Racism will drive you away.

My suggestion now is, we run competitions. I'd love actual rewards but don't know how to go about it now since Moderators are not even paid salaries. Well, for now, we'll just use nominal recognitions though i'll still look into a reward system. I pray Seun will agree with me on the reward scheme else we decide in here for ourselves. Is the decision good enough?
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by zPixel(m): 12:14am On Oct 27, 2010
Start a thread and see if anyone will respond you. Racism will drive you away.
Wow. I don't think anyone would make a conscious effort not to reply your thread because you're not of the same race.

I mentioned before, i personally think competitions will go a long way to engage people and also bring about a platform for exchange of knowledge. I can remember i hosted a challenge with a real price like a year ago, the outcome was fair but the number of participants wasn't encouraging, so i lost interest.

I just think everyone has something to offer. Most of the cg artists I know in this country i met them here. So i think we all have a role to play in keeping this forum interesting and alive either by posting your work in progress like OKX, participate in competitions (if you can afford it), drop comments on threads when other artists post their stuffs (it's encouraging). Well, i'm looking forward to the new Graphics ForumĀ  wink
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by OmniPotens(m): 3:58pm On Oct 28, 2010
@zPixel My quotation is not with regards this forum. But if you doubt what I said exists then use you correct identity to register in some foreign forums and see what happens. The moment you are perceived black, Nairaland is welcoming to all.
Re: What Is Happening In The Graphics Forum! by xothermik(m): 11:53pm On Oct 28, 2010
well i personally don't know anyone else who knows better about foreign forums and sites relating to graphics and video more than zpixel. so i don't think he's talking about local forums either. i also dont think your racism theory holds water. i get nothing but positive feedback and constructive criticism from the foreign forums im part of. racism certainly did'nt prevent zpixel winning 4th in an international competition
http://www.mofilm.com/competitions/lff2010/
check under closeup

(1) (Reply)

Need Prices For Photography Studio Equipment. / Blog For Learning Animation Principles And Concepts. / Ayex's Creative Graphic Design Pictures, Enjoy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.