Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island (3322 Views)

Yaba To Victoria Island!!! / Journey To Victoria Island 13, Sinari Daranijo Street, Victoria Island, Lagos / Help: Festac To Victoria Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by Ccpt: 8:09am On Jul 17, 2019
I just a got a job somewhere in VI and I'm not too familiar with Lagos and environs.

I need to get accommodation as soon as possible.
My budget is 200k-250k for self contain.

Please advice me on where to focus my search, considering proximity to VI and the stress involved in commuting to and from VI everyday.

Your kind suggestions are warmly appreciated.
Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by stevekinton: 8:13am On Jul 17, 2019
Ikorodu straight... This is Lag bro
Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by Millcollins: 8:18am On Jul 17, 2019
Houses in VI are very expensive. You can't even get a self contain at that amount. So I suggest you try anywhere from Jakande down to Ajah area or Obalende axis. You will get something within the range of your budget. Hope this helps.
Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 17, 2019
Ccpt:
I just a got a job somewhere in VI and I'm not too familiar with Lagos and environs.

I need to get accommodation as soon as possible.
My budget is 200k-250k for self contain.

Please advice me on where to focus my search, considering proximity to VI and the stress involved in commuting to and from VI everyday.

Your kind suggestions are warmly appreciated.

The cheapest you'd get close to VI is at Oniru Estate (Bungalows Estate ) and should be approx 500k. For a mini flat. You might wanna find a roommate if your budget is less than 500k.

You can't find anywhere near VI less than that. Sorry.

There is no place for such low budgets on this axis.

2 Likes

Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by Ccpt: 8:32am On Jul 17, 2019
I know getting an apartment in VI is very expensive.
I'm talking about places outside VI that are closer, maybe 45-60 mins to VI.
Some persons have suggested Lekki, Obalende Oworonshoki and Yaba but I don't know much about those areas.
Please tell me more about them.
Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by egojeny1(f): 9:14am On Jul 17, 2019
Check out Gbagada too. A lovely place to be.

1 Like

Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by Millcollins: 9:46am On Jul 17, 2019
Ccpt:
I know getting an apartment in VI is very expensive.
I'm talking about places outside VI that are closer, maybe 45-60 mins to VI.
Some persons have suggested Lekki, Obalende Oworonshoki and Yaba but I don't know much about those areas.
Please tell me more about them.

Then try Ajah then, it's not far from VI and u can get an accommodation within that range. The only advice is don't go beyond Abraham Adesanya roundabout so that it won't be stressful for you.
Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by Ccpt: 10:11am On Jul 17, 2019
Millcollins:

Then try Ajah then, it's not far from VI and u can get an accommodation within that range. The only advice is don't go beyond Abraham Adesanya roundabout so that it won't be stressful for you.

Thank you.

I heard there's constant traffic jam around around the Ajah-Lekki axis leading to VI, especially during the rush hours. Sometimes, one can be stuck for about 2 hours. How true is this?
Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by Ccpt: 10:15am On Jul 17, 2019
egojeny1:
Check out Gbagada too. A lovely place to be.

Thank you for your input.

I heard Oworonshoki is closer than Gbagada. Is that true?
Or are there other factors why you think Gbagada is better?
Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by DESAN(f): 10:23am On Jul 17, 2019
Try funso avenue area in surulere
Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by Millcollins: 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2019
Ccpt:

Thank you.

I heard there's constant traffic jam around around the Ajah-Lekki axis leading to VI, especially during the rush hours. Sometimes, one can be stuck for about 2 hours. How true is this?

Well that's true. It's just for one to calculate your time well. I live in Ajah and work in Lekki phase 1. But with Lagos, I don't think there's any place without traffic during rush hours
Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by Ccpt: 4:16pm On Jul 17, 2019
Millcollins:

Well that's true. It's just for one to calculate your time well. I live in Ajah and work in Lekki phase 1. But with Lagos, I don't think there's any place without traffic during rush hours

OK.
Thanks
Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by Aquablue: 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
Oworonshoki is cheapest but robbery at the bustop is a daily affair.
Surulere, esp Aguda is good and possibly within budget. Folaagoro/ Shomolu too is another great option. I used to leave home @ 6.30 to resume at 8am in 2010.
Oniru bungalow estate is in VI 500-600 for a mini
Lekki is near too but the accommodation fee is minimum 1m for a miniflat, or if you can get a flatshare option.
The bottleneck of traffic is actually on Ozumba Mbadiwe in VI caused by the bridge going to Falomo but people haven't figured that out. They keep thinking it's just the toll gate. So take note

1 Like

Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by egojeny1(f): 6:29pm On Jul 17, 2019
Ccpt:

Thank you for your input.

I heard Oworonshoki is closer than Gbagada. Is that true?
Or are there other factors why you think Gbagada is better?
U can't compare Gbagada to Oworoshoki. Gbagada is more serene with beautiful and well secured estates. There are lots of guyz that work in VI here and they normally leave around 6 am. Might be difficult for you though, to get an accomodation of that amount in an estate here but u'll surely get in a street that has a gate.
I know a friend that got 2 bedroom flat for 500k in a cool area here.
There's always light in Gbagada too. In my own area we can boast of minimum of 18hrs light on daily basis.

1 Like

Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by Ccpt: 6:58pm On Jul 17, 2019
Thanks @ Aquablue
Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by Ccpt: 7:01pm On Jul 17, 2019
egojeny1:

U can't compare Gbagada to Oworoshoki. Gbagada is more serene with beautiful and well secured estates.

There's always light in Gbagada too. In my own area we can boast of minimum of 18hrs light on daily basis.

That's impressive.
Thanks
Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by egojeny1(f): 11:22pm On Jul 17, 2019
Ccpt:

That's impressive.
Thanks
U're welcome
Re: Best Place To Get Accommodation Close To Victoria Island by chuksp09(m): 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2019
I need a place in surulere, yaba, obalende, ebutte metta and environs... Where i can pay monthly? Something like an irregular arrangement?
Please quote me if you have any..

(1) (Reply)

Diamondbank Test / Chevron Finance Analyst Test / Who Else Got An Interview From DPR Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.