Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Is This One Faith? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This One Faith? (870 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Living Faith Church Is 30 / Faith Is Trusting God, Not Belief In Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This One Faith? by joshelen(m): 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2010
The Bible said there is one faith, but looking at what is obtainable today in the christian world can one really say we have one faith. Celestial and C&S believe they should off their shoes before entering the Holy church while others believe it is not necessary, CAC and some will not play with the covering of head while others believe it is not necessary and so many other issues like that. Friends if there is just one faith then one needs to get back to god and personally find out the faith that Jude said we should contend for, that which was once delivered to the saints(the Apostles). Do we just join an assembly because of what we like in them or with the assurance that they are in the faith that God delivered to the saint. Or what do you think?
Re: Is This One Faith? by Joagbaje(m): 9:08pm On Oct 12, 2010
There is still one faith. People may have different revelations od God. We may have disagreement based on this, but different revelations and knowledge doesn't mean there is different faith. Paul and James had differences in understsnding and doctrines but it's still one Jesus .

One observe days by his revelation , the other does not. It doesn't mean Jesus is divided.

Romans 14:5-6
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day[ alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth[ it] unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard[ it]. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks
Re: Is This One Faith? by Image123(m): 10:32pm On Oct 12, 2010
Paul and James had differences in understsnding and doctrines but it's still one Jesus.
No point lying to defend the gospel. This is not one of your 'millions were healed' talk. This is Bible, and i've not forgotten the thread on James and Paul. Your posts showed that you have little understanding of apostles paul and james, remember?
Re: Is This One Faith? by Joagbaje(m): 12:56am On Oct 13, 2010
Image123:

No point lying to defend the gospel.This is not one of your 'millions were healed' talk. This is Bible

there's no lie here. It's the truth. Division in doctrine is not today matter.  Read that Romans 14:4-5 again. It will remove your scale

, and i've not forgotten the thread on James and Paul. Your posts showed that you have little understanding of apostles paul and james, remember?

What i remembered was that you opened a thread and ran away.My posts were clear enough, I receive series of mails being appreciative of what enlightenment they got,in that thread

(1) (Reply)

Judgment Day! May 21, 2011 / May 21, 2011 Is Judgment Day! / Abraham Zoe's Library 'read Dis Pst Matt Ashimolowo Instructions &u 'll Begin 2 Rule D World'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.