Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy (4635 Views)

How To Blur People's Faces Using This App When Posting A Sensitive Picture / How Trust Worthy Is FaceApp? / If You Installed Faceapp, You Should Be Aware Of Its Privacy Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 18, 2019
Is Viral App, FaceApp safe? This has been the question on the mind of many people as it has been giving millions of users the power to change their facial expressions, looks, and now age for several years.

At the same time, people have been giving FaceApp the power to use their pictures — and names — for any purpose it wishes, for as long as it desires.

Over 100,000 million people have downloaded the app from Google Play. And FaceApp is now the top-ranked app on the iOS App Store in 121 countries, according to App Annie and people are wondering if it is safe.

Read more>> https://lailasnews.com/faceapp-may-not-be-safe-now-owns-more-than-150-million-peoples-faces-and-names/

Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Dottore: 9:15am On Jul 18, 2019
Just like asking if Facebook, Instagram and all others are safe.

5 Likes

Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Rilley(m): 9:29am On Jul 18, 2019
It's just a stupid App, I can never waste my data on it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by TrollKiller(m): 11:53am On Jul 18, 2019
Smh... I won't be surprised if op has a Facebook page
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by fr3do(m): 11:57am On Jul 18, 2019
When white people are paranoid about privacy, we go dey paranoid follow them, if they thief your face, wetin they go use am do?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Lexusgs430: 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2019
What is Oga Seun thinking about......... kiss

Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Harddiskng(m): 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
fr3do:
When white people are paranoid about privacy, we go dey paranoid follow them, if they thief your face, wetin they go use am do?

It is not just paranoia bro, the basis of their fear is well found. Have you ever been seen a video you didn’t make. With your face and it looked so real that you would find it almost impossible to refute.

Such technology is on the rise now, just imagine what can be accomplished with such a technology in a world that relays so much on appearances.

Even the faces of you and I in the wrong hands can do damage (and we never blow). Such technology has so improved that the face of a person on a Live streaming video can be swapped, now imagine the consequences of the face and voice of a top world political figure in the wrong capable hands wink

Make my words; In the nearest future, fake news would be overtaken by deep fake videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLoI9hAX9dw

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by JubrinElSudan: 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2019
When does your face becomes theirs? After you have clicked on save and the picture now has FaceApp watermark? Cos what I do is to screenshot after the face has changed and then cancel and exit.

3 Likes

Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by LOVEGINO(m): 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
Rilley:
It's just a stupid App, I can never waste my data on it.
so sorry ooo. But its more advance than Photoshop. Please let's upgrade.
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Rilley(m): 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2019
LOVEGINO:
so sorry ooo. But its more advance than Photoshop. Please let's upgrade.
I just don't like the app
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by BomBellaBlog: 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2019
They will not see my face Sha.
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Hhenryy: 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
When does your face becomes theirs? After you have clicked on save and the picture now has FaceApp watermark? Cos what I do is to screenshot after the face has changed and then cancel and exit.

You will notice that It doesn't work without Internet connection. When you want to perform any task on a selected picture, you will see processing....at this moment, It is been uploaded to their database..... So they have millions of pictures in their Data base now.
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
FEAR WHITES...
...she knows how to gather details and facts from people...
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by LOVEGINO(m): 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
Rilley:
I just don't like the app
Dont worry bro, its just a matter of time ok
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2019
FingerApp coming soon

Save your finger here

1 Like

Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by donniecharlie(m): 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2019
Can face app work offline?
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by clemzo101(m): 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
EVILFOREST:
FEAR AMERICA...
...she knows how to gather details and facts from people...
but it is a Russian app

1 Like

Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
I'm just hearing about it for the first time right now, right here shocked
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 18, 2019
clemzo101:
but it is a Russian app
YES ooo
But learnt the company is in the U.S., and that they were asked to desist from sending the pictures to Russia...
But it has some SECURITY LINKS.
It rejects ANIMAL FACES....and ANIMATION
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Roma4shot: 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
Nice 1,
LOVE PEOPLE THAT THINK....BABA GOD BLESS MY IDEALS
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Rilley(m): 8:07pm On Jul 18, 2019
LOVEGINO:
Dont worry bro, its just a matter of time ok
I can never like that trash.
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by thaoriginator: 8:12pm On Jul 18, 2019
Not my real face cry
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by johnkeats987: 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2019
Thanks for sharing this information with us. Have you ever heard of Pandora Premium Apk? If yes then kindly share some information about this application too.
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by TANID(m): 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2019
Lexusgs430:
What is Oga Seun thinking about......... kiss
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by agent9(m): 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
fr3do:

Lol
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by agent9(m): 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hhenryy:

You will notice that It doesn't work without Internet connection. When you want to perform any task on a selected picture, you will see processing....at this moment, It is been uploaded to their database..... So they have millions of pictures in their Data base now.

Hmmmm...weldon sir cheesy
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by agent9(m): 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
Dottore:
Just like asking if Facebook, Instagram and all others are safe.

You make sense
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by olarwarleh(m): 9:36pm On Jul 18, 2019
All of una wey don use the app just goan buy another face jejely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by agent9(m): 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2019
Just curious...

People complaining about using FaceApp and them having access to users details and faces, are we not using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and even WhatsApp on daily basis?

Why are we not concerned about our privacy uploading our pictures and all our details on them every day?

Or is it because they didn't tell us they have access to our details on their T and C and we believed they don't??

Just curious, can you enlighten me?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Samking111(m): 12:32am On Jul 19, 2019
Yea it good than photoshop.. wink wink
Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Baybii: 12:36am On Jul 19, 2019
People don't even understand how bad this is. They can use your picture for ads without paying you any royalty. How bizarre is that?

Peep the picture below.

Re: Faceapp Now Owns More Than 150 Million People's Faces And Names, See Policy by Virginnn(f): 12:48am On Jul 19, 2019
Harddiskng:

It is not just paranoia bro, the basis of their fear is well found. Have you ever been seen a video you didn’t make. With your face and it looked so real that you would find it almost impossible to refute.

Such technology is on the rise now, just imagine what can be accomplished with such a technology in a world that relays so much on appearances.

Even the faces of you and I in the wrong hands can do damage (and we never blow). Such technology has so improved that the face of a person on a Live streaming video can be swapped, now imagine the consequences of the face and voice of a top world political figure in the wrong capable hands wink

Make my words; In the nearest future, fake news would be overtaken by deep fake videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLoI9hAX9dw
Rogues like Gandollar will simply dismiss the evidence in that video with a wave of the hand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enough Is Enough Tecno Vs Xiaomi,hauwei,oppo,sam And Vivo / Top Ten Most Expensive Phones / Jumia Treasure Hunt Has Been Exposed Wit Proof Check Dis Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.