Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

My UK Summer Tour - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My UK Summer Tour (3808 Views)

My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong / My UK Business Visa Was Refused 4months Ago / Help!! I Cannot Find My UK Visa Refusal Letter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 9:24pm On Jul 18, 2019
Traveling to the UK for 2 weeks. Would be touring different cities in England. I’m used to staying in London whenever I visit. I’ll be touring different cities outside of London this time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
Traveling with British Airways to London Heathrow. My first time traveling with them after my friend praised their inflight entertainment and food. Past travels to London have been through Virgin Atlantic or Turkish Airlines.

2 Likes

Re: My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
Having a hard time uploading pictures... cry
Re: My UK Summer Tour by DMPaulSr: 10:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
Following... Front seat
Re: My UK Summer Tour by KendrickAyomide: 11:37pm On Jul 18, 2019
Let's Go
Re: My UK Summer Tour by micfoley: 1:19am On Jul 19, 2019
ok na
Re: My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 2:28am On Jul 19, 2019
Checking in at MMIA

5 Likes

Re: My UK Summer Tour by temizeee(m): 3:12am On Jul 19, 2019
More pictures oya now
Re: My UK Summer Tour by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 19, 2019
Here
Re: My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 9:02am On Jul 19, 2019
To boarding gate

4 Likes

Re: My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 9:25am On Jul 19, 2019
The aircraft was a Boeing 747-400 double decker. Sadly, I couldn’t take pictures because my battery was low and I thought I’d be able to charge my phone on board.

I was disappointed sad
No charging port!
Small inflight entertainment screen
Poor screen resolution
Very few and old movies

Leg room was great though
Re: My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 9:32am On Jul 19, 2019
Landed in Heathrow and cleared immigration.
Took the picadilly line train to London Kings Cross Station. From there I changed trains to my destination.

3 Likes

Re: My UK Summer Tour by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 19, 2019
deybholar:
Landed in Heathrow and cleared immigration.
Took the picadilly line train to London Kings Cross Station. From there I changed trains to my destination.

I'm already receiving inspiration to perhaps open a thread for my travels.
Weldon Op, following cool
Re: My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 10:32am On Jul 19, 2019
First Destination is Leeds.

Leeds is in the west Yorkshire part of England.
Not too big, not too busy, very serene and oh so
cold. The weather here is a lot colder than London. Even though it’s summer, people are still wearing light jackets and pullovers.

PICS: Leeds train station

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 10:37am On Jul 19, 2019
Transportation in the UK is quite expensive (if you convert to Naira) cheesy but why wouldn’t I convert biko.

Train ticket from Heathrow to London King’s Cross costs £6 (it’s cheaper if you have an oyster card) and the ride from London King’s Cross Station to Leeds cost me £29 one way (it becomes more expensive if you don’t book early. I bought mine a month before traveling)

2 Likes

Re: My UK Summer Tour by Ebendo123(m): 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
grin wait mek I place order for popcorn.

3 Likes

Re: My UK Summer Tour by davide470(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
deybholar:
Transportation in the UK is quite expensive (if you convert to Naira) cheesy but why wouldn’t I convert biko.

Train ticket from Heathrow to London King’s Cross costs £6 (it’s cheaper if you have an oyster card) and the ride from London King’s Cross Station to Leeds cost me £29 one way (it becomes more expensive if you don’t book early. I bought mine a month before traveling)
£6 is a bit expensive for a 1 way trip with Piccadilly. Since you are a frequent traveller, why not just get the Oyster card?

Following! smiley
Re: My UK Summer Tour by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2019
I sit down here
Re: My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2019
davide470:
£6 is a bit expensive for a 1 way trip with Piccadilly. Since you are a frequent traveller, why not just get the Oyster card?

Following! smiley

Very expensive if you ask me. I do have an Oyster card but I didn’t take it on this trip since I won’t be staying in London.

2 Likes

Re: My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
Holbeck Moor Park

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 2:58pm On Jul 20, 2019
Next Tour Location: Bridlington

Bridlington is a coastal town on the coast of the North Sea.
Traveling here from Leeds costs £38 and two connecting trains via Transpennine Express.

Did I say Leeds was cold? grin Bridlington is damn windy cry

5 Likes

Re: My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2019
The beach here is beautiful and filled with lots tourists. Literally thousands.

Lots of theme parks on the beach too and there’s at least one hotel on every street in Bridlington because of the tourist attractions.

5 Likes

Re: My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2019
Outdoor and indoor arcade

3 Likes

Re: My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 4:28pm On Jul 20, 2019
This place is predominantly white. Very quiet also. Kinda like a place you retire to in old age. Somewhere away from noise and bustle

My partner and I were the only blacks right from the train till when we got off at the station and throughout the walk to the beach and even on the beach.

5 Likes

Re: My UK Summer Tour by deybholar(f): 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2019
Food grin . The best part of the trip.

7 Likes

Re: My UK Summer Tour by chukxie(m): 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2019
I'm on this beat you're playing. Keep the photos coming. Nice fish n chips. Have loads of fun out there. Cheers!
Re: My UK Summer Tour by andrew444(m): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2019
deybholar:
The aircraft was a Boeing 747-400 double decker. Sadly, I couldn’t take pictures because my battery was low and I thought I’d be able to charge my phone on board.

I was disappointed sad
No charging port!
Small inflight entertainment screen
Poor screen resolution
Very few and old movies

Leg room was great though

Why wont they have charging port, na wa for them self
Re: My UK Summer Tour by temizeee(m): 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2019
deybholar:
Food grin . The best part of the trip.

awesome...i wish to come there one day,there’s alot of ideas present in me that might be useful for white people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zimbabwe Embassy In Nigeria / How Can someone Get Dubai Visa From Nigeria Without Any Agent?? / The Lagos You Will Not See On Television

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.