Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Expired And Lost Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Expired And Lost Passport (1239 Views)

Lost Passport Reissue - Replacement / I Lost Passport Since 2009 / My Passports Just Expired And I Have Visa Interview In 2weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expired And Lost Passport by Osezua: 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
Please I need a solution to a challenge. I was planning to travel sometime ago so in 2005 I applied for an international passport. The passport was sent to someone in the UK who wanted to process the Visa. The whole process did not work out. I totally forgot about the whole idea.

My question is this. Now that I want another passport.

Can I apply for a fresh passport?
If no, how do I go about applying for a reissue since I don't have the details of the old and expired passport and I have lost contact with the person who I gave my passport to for Visa processing?

The passport was issued in 2005.

Please your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Expired And Lost Passport by lansha2006: 7:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
Since it as expired, the only way is to file in a fresh application for a new passport. That is how it works.
You don't have to make reference to the old passport or else that will lead to a fresh queries.
Thanks
Re: Expired And Lost Passport by Osezua: 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2019
lansha2006:
Since it as expired, the only way is to file in a fresh application for a new passport. That is how it works.
You don't have to make reference to the old passport or else that will lead to a fresh queries.
Thanks
I thought when passport expires you apply for renewal?

1 Like

Re: Expired And Lost Passport by akanbiaa(m): 7:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
lansha2006:
Thanks
You sure it will work out fine?
Re: Expired And Lost Passport by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 12:10am On Mar 08, 2020
If your last passport was issued in 2005 then u have nothing to worry about and u don't need to claim a lost passport either.

Go and apply for a new passport and dont say "pim" about your last passport.

Osezua:
Please I need a solution to a challenge. I was planning to travel sometime ago so in 2005 I applied for an international passport. The passport was sent to someone in the UK who wanted to process the Visa. The whole process did not work out. I totally forgot about the whole idea.

My question is this. Now that I want another passport.

Can I apply for a fresh passport?
If no, how do I go about applying for a reissue since I don't have the details of the old and expired passport and I have lost contact with the person who I gave my passport to for Visa processing?

The passport was issued in 2005.

Please your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Expired And Lost Passport by horladmejy(m): 2:06pm On Dec 09, 2022
Hello bro, did you get it done?
Re: Expired And Lost Passport by horladmejy(m): 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2022
9JAFULLBREED:
If your last passport was issued in 2005 then u have nothing to worry about and u don't need to claim a lost passport either.

Go and apply for a new passport and dont say "pim" about your last passport.

I had similar issue, but mine was in 2015, will this same advice work for me?

Re: Expired And Lost Passport by horladmejy(m): 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2022
lansha2006:
Thanks

I had similar issue but mine was issued in 2015, does this same advice work for me?
Re: Expired And Lost Passport by horladmejy(m): 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2022
lansha2006:

I also had this issue but mine was issued in 2015, does this same advice applies to me?

Thanks
Re: Expired And Lost Passport by HRprof: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
horladmejy:

I had similar issue but mine was issued in 2015, does this same advice work for me?

E-passport started 2007
No the same advice does not apply to you because you had an e passport your information is already on the system so you need to follow dues process for lost passport. Check immigration website for more details

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Direction From Ojo To Epe / Between South Korea, US And Canada. / Think And Research Before U Japa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.