Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Christian Justice System - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Justice System (1948 Views)

All Nigerians Should Fight For Justice For Bala Mubarak / Video: A Visit To Okija Shrine (shrine Of Justice) / What Will Be The Judgment For Christians Who Support Jungle Justice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 8:18am On Jul 20, 2019
Based on how Christians think justice works, I like to propose an alternative justice system. It will decongest prisons and provide new avenues for employment.

Here's how it would work. Any time a person gets convicted for a crime and gets a jail sentence, they can engage a professional prisoner who will take on a portion of that jail sentence. In exchange the person convicted is required to pay to the professional prisoner 10% of their income for the rest of their lives. This income shall be tax free for the professional prisoner. The professional prisoner shall only spend 10% of the sentence time and can serve as many concurrent sentences as he can cram in. Repeat offenders are to go to the houses of their professional prisoner and beg for forgiveness, no further action shall be taken against them. However, should they refuse to beg for forgiveness they shall be immediately executed, the severity of the crime not withstanding. All citizens are advised to engage a professional prisoner just in case, should you be caught in an act that is not illegal but ethically questionable and you have not engaged the services of a professional prisoner, you shall be immediately executed, no appeals.

This would be a wonderful system free of abuse and would lessen crime, don't you think?

CC: budaatum, plaeton, XxSabrinaxX, johnydon22, CAPSLOCKED, JeromeBlack, HappyPagan, frank317, tintingz, michellekabod2, jesusjnr, hakeem4

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Christian Justice System by hakeem4(m): 8:57am On Jul 20, 2019
well it is a good idea but i want drop an opinion.

let me ask a question why does the country send their citizens to jail? people are sent jail so they can be rehabilitated. when in jail they teach them how to be morally right. so imagine if i can pay someone to serve a certain percentage of time in jail then when will i learn how to be a good person.
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 9:17am On Jul 20, 2019
hakeem4:

let me ask a question why does the country send their citizens to jail? people are sent jail so they can be rehabilitated. when in jail they teach them how to be morally right. so imagine if i can pay someone to serve a certain percentage of time in jail then when will i learn how to be a good person.

By going to the house of your professional prisoner and being remorseful.
Re: Christian Justice System by hakeem4(m): 9:50am On Jul 20, 2019
LordReed:

By going to the house of your professional prisoner and being remorseful.
okay let me speak for myself. I do not think it would make me remorseful. I would only go and beg my professional prisoner so I won’t stay in jail but it won’t make me a better person.

My own opinion
Re: Christian Justice System by Dantedasz(m): 9:51am On Jul 20, 2019

1 Like

Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 9:55am On Jul 20, 2019
hakeem4:
okay let me speak for myself. I do not think it would make me remorseful. I would only go and beg my professional prisoner so I won’t stay in jail but it won’t make me a better person.

My own opinion

Well as long as it keeps you out of prison you win don't you?
Re: Christian Justice System by johnydon22(m): 11:31am On Jul 20, 2019
LordReed:
Based on how Christians think justice works, I like to propose an alternative justice system. It will decongest prisons and provide new avenues for employment.

Here's how it would work. Any time a person gets convicted for a crime and gets a jail sentence, they can engage a professional prisoner who will take on a portion of that jail sentence. In exchange the person convicted is required to pay to the professional prisoner 10% of their income for the rest of their lives. This income shall be tax free for the professional prisoner. The professional prisoner shall only spend 10% of the sentence time and can serve as many concurrent sentences as he can cram in. Repeat offenders are to go to the houses of their professional prisoner and beg for forgiveness, no further action shall be taken against them. However, should they refuse to beg for forgiveness they shall be immediately executed, the severity of the crime not withstanding. All citizens are advised to engage a professional prisoner just in case, should you be caught in an act that is not illegal but ethically questionable and you have not engaged the services of a professional prisoner, you shall be immediately executed, no appeals.

This would be a wonderful system free of abuse and would lessen crime, don't you think?

CC: budaatum, plaeton, XxSabrinaxX, johnydon22, CAPSLOCKED, JeromeBlack, HappyPagan, frank317, tintingz, michellekabod2, jesusjnr, hakeem4

Someone can hire someone else to do their prison time in China
Re: Christian Justice System by johnydon22(m): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2019
hakeem4:

let me ask a question why does the country send their citizens to jail? people are sent jail so they can be rehabilitated.

Not necessarily why people are sent to jail.

Here are the major reasons

1. To be punished (ridding one of their fundamental right is the consequence of breaking the rules that binds social contracts).

2. Secure the society: Removing bad eggs from the society directly is consequential to the quality of individuals left and their safety. Isolating criminals (imprisonment) is a way of preventing them from committing said crimes again.

[/quote]
when in jail they teach them how to be morally right. so imagine if i can pay someone to serve a certain percentage of time in jail then when will i learn how to be a good person.[/quote]But seeing that most prisoners end up getting even more hardened in jail. Isn't that somewhat counterproductive?
Re: Christian Justice System by hakeem4(m): 6:28pm On Jul 20, 2019
johnydon22:

Not necessarily why people are sent to jail.

Here are the major reasons

1. To be punished (ridding one of their fundamental right is the consequence of breaking the rules that binds social contracts).

2. Secure the society: Removing bad eggs from the society directly is consequential to the quality of individuals left and their safety. Isolating criminals (imprisonment) is a way of preventing them from committing said crimes again.

when in jail they teach them how to be morally right. so imagine if i can pay someone to serve a certain percentage of time in jail then when will i learn how to be a good person.But seeing that most prisoners end up getting even more hardened in jail. Isn't that somewhat counterproductive?
so if i am wealthy enough i can pay someone to do my time. While I commit another crime and pay another person and it continues like that. I am of the opinion that if you do the crime you must do the time

It’s like saying you’d pay someone to swallow your drugs when you’re sick. Of what benefit will it be to you
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 7:13pm On Jul 20, 2019
johnydon22:

Someone can hire someone else to do their prison time in China

You mean across jurisdictions? Yes, you would be allowed to.
Re: Christian Justice System by tintingz(m): 7:13pm On Jul 20, 2019
Heard of this before but didn't know it's legally practiced in some countries.

Well, I don't think I buy this idea, if one commit a crime a very big crime and found guilty with evidences then he/she should be sent to jail with no grant of paying for someone else to do the terms.

If the crime is less/minor then the idea of correctional prison is a good idea, a prison where you live like every other citizens(work and get paid) but no freedom to move outside the prison.

I just started watching Prison Break series again, in as much the movie shows how innocent people and people with less crime are punished, is also shows how bad people must be in jail.
Re: Christian Justice System by sulasa07(m): 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2019
hakeem4:

Which jail is rehabilitative in this world,it is in prison people engage in homosexual acts,become more rougher than b4,and they learn all other wrong vices.Stop saying prison rehabilitates people,instead it destroys them more.
Re: Christian Justice System by johnydon22(m): 7:24pm On Jul 20, 2019
hakeem4:
so if i am wealthy enough i can pay someone to do my time. While I commit another crime and pay another person and it continues like that. I am of the opinion that if you do the crime you must do the time
I agree

It’s like saying you’d pay someone to swallow your drugs when you’re sick. Of what benefit will it be to you

Technically, there aren't exactly same thing
Re: Christian Justice System by tintingz(m): 8:02pm On Jul 20, 2019
sulasa07:

Which jail is rehabilitative in this world,it is in prison people engage in homosexual acts,become more rougher than b4,and they learn all other wrong vices.Stop saying prison rehabilitates people,instead it destroys them more.

The reason the idea of correctional prison is a good idea where inmates can work and get paid, sleep in a comfortable rooms.

http://www.arrestrecords.com/the-50-most-comfortable-prisons-in-the-world/
Re: Christian Justice System by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2019
LordReed:

Lolz....Jesus is the professional prisoner , collecting tithes as payment for his services

1 Like

Re: Christian Justice System by malvisguy212: 9:49pm On Jul 20, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Lolz....Jesus is thrut professional prisoner , collecting tithes as payment for his services
JESUS!!! ?
Re: Christian Justice System by hakeem4(m): 7:17am On Jul 21, 2019
Jails are meant to rehabilitate people.
Becoming homosexual doesn’t make one a bad person. That’s just his sexual preference
sulasa07:

Re: Christian Justice System by budaatum: 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2019
LordReed:
Based on how Christians think justice works.
How do Christians think justice works?

1 Like

Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2019
budaatum:

How do Christians think justice works?

That someone else can pay fpr ypur sins.
Re: Christian Justice System by malvisguy212: 11:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
LordReed:

lol. that's not what the Bible teaches.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 5:43am On Jul 22, 2019
malvisguy212:
lol. that's not what the Bible teaches.

So Jesus didn't pay for your sins?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Justice System by malvisguy212: 6:53am On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

o yes, He ALONE pay for my sin, A SINLESS MAN.
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 8:20am On Jul 22, 2019
malvisguy212:
o yes, He ALONE pay for my sin, A SINLESS MAN.

So someone else paid for your sin?

1 Like

Re: Christian Justice System by mmsen: 8:35am On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

You forgot one important part of the xtian judicial system - We are all born guilty of crimes that we did not commit.
Re: Christian Justice System by malvisguy212: 8:48am On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

So someone else paid for your sin?
not just someone else , a SINLESS MAN.

please, may I ask a question ? are you a Christian before you convert to atheist ?
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2019
malvisguy212:
not just someone else , a SINLESS MAN.

please, may I ask a question ? are you a Christian before you convert to atheist ?

That is a detail. Before Jesus it was goats and lambs, the main issue is moving sin to another which is what this seeks to emulate.

Yes, I was a Christian.
Re: Christian Justice System by budaatum: 10:08am On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

Someone else can go to hell for you?
Where you get that from my Lord!?
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 10:09am On Jul 22, 2019
mmsen:

You forgot one important part of the xtian judicial system - We are all born guilty of crimes that we did not commit.

That would be the most oppressive judicial system if I was to simulate it in real life. I am sparing myself the horror of putting such a system in words.
Re: Christian Justice System by LordReed(m): 10:10am On Jul 22, 2019
budaatum:

Someone else can go to hell for you?
Where you get that from my Lord!?

Well, that's what Christians believe isn't it? Jesus went to hell so we don't have to?
Re: Christian Justice System by budaatum: 10:20am On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

No he didn't my Lord! One thing some miss is that Christianity is full of humptydumptys who words mean different things to and you my Lord, take the most basic humptydumpty's understanding and claim that's what the entirety of Christianity is.

Laziness, my Lord, is your sin, and no one will pay for it but you! And I call you lazy because I know you don't know what I mean and won't ask the follow up question to know, and even now I've said it, you'd still ask the wrong question in your attempt to prove me wrong. It's a test. Hint.
Re: Christian Justice System by budaatum: 10:22am On Jul 22, 2019
LordReed:

Well, that's what Christians believe isn't it? Jesus went to hell so we don't have to?
No! Not true. Christianity teaches that sinners will go to hell, or more accurately, that the wages of sin is death.

What is hell, my Lord?
Re: Christian Justice System by mmsen: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2019
budaatum:

No! Not true. Christianity teaches that sinners will go to hell, or more accurately, that the wages of sin is death.

What is hell, my Lord?

Xtianity teaches that those who don't believe in the mythology will go to hell.

We are all 'sinners', apparently.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When Someone Is Beaten With A Broom / His Word Brings Life And Healing - Joseph Prince / The Case Of An Honest Creationist: Kurt Wise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.