Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

How Safe Is Google Password Auto-save In Chrome Browser? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Safe Is Google Password Auto-save In Chrome Browser? (304 Views)

How Can I Recover My Google Password Using Phone Number / Reset Google password with https //g.co/recover password reset / Google’s Password Checkup Extension May Soon Be Built Into Chrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Safe Is Google Password Auto-save In Chrome Browser? by Ashibelieve: 10:26am On Jul 20, 2019
So one day I was working on my system and I saw a notification then I just pressed okay without reading clearly? I was sure what I saw was “clear passwords”. Immediately I did that I was logged out of all my google accounts.
Before you shout yahoo, biko my company manage brands and run their marketing and IT support that’s why I have many accounts oh! Incase any SARS oga is reading this.

I have always been used to auto-saved passwords for many year so clearly I do not even remember my passwords to my personal handles again. Then I went to chrome saved password to scavenge for these items.
Hours later I realized all web platforms that require login have been logged out and I have to always enter passwords, the auto save stopped woking.

Mehn I run an administrative server, if anything should happen and I cant access some accounts hmmmm God forbid o. Gbese!
But my passwords on chrome saved passwords are still there, why are they not calling up? I wondered?
Then I realized something strange, auto password is working on some platforms from incognitio but they are not working on normal chrome.

Have I been hacked?! I refuse to accept the thought because it's too scary.
Even when I put in the correct password I copied from autosave to my account on normal chrome it doesn’t work, but when I use the same password on incognitio it works. At this time my heart was pounding very fast and I remember the words of my friend “Franklin Bekee” who use to always say, Fash I no dey use Google Chrome auto save o, that thing is not safe.

One of my techies “Solomon” advised I uninstall Chrome and install it again so everything will start afresh fine, but the problem is that there are platforms I do not even know I have again and they will always come handy at some point in future, how do I solve the future?
Now I’m faced with the problem of exporting all my saved password before uninstalling Chrome, how do I do it safely? If it is successfully done, how safe is Chrome password auto-save?

By Ashiodolo

(1) (Reply)

NERC Proposes 3 Ways To Improve Power Supply In Nigeria - Wavelength IPS / IMEI Number: Meaning, Identification And Uses(that Long Code U Dey See) / Nuance Dragon Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.