Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

How To Make That Perfect Stew - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make That Perfect Stew (2520 Views)

Uriel Oputa, Working Pretty Hard To Get That Perfect Bod. See her vj / How To Make That Perfect Omelette! / How To Make Fish Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make That Perfect Stew by Juliearth(f): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2019
Tomato stew seem so easy to prepare, but to some people, it's a task that is yet to be mastered. This thread is to guide such people on how to prepare that perfect stew that is sour-less, smells heavenly, tastes heavenly...
Ingredients
Vegetable oil,
Tomatoes,
Red bell pepper,
hot pepper,
Onions,
Curry leaves( I prefer this to the processed curry as it gives the stew a natural,but heavenly flavour)
Seasoning and spice( I use Knorr cubes, nutmeg and a little thyme)
Protein. I used beef, cow skin( Ponmo) and mackerel
Note that:
1. I steamed the tomatoes until almost dry, then I blended it together with red bell peppers, Pepper, onions, a tiny piece of ginger, a minute quantity of clove, etc. Steaming your tomatoes before blending is important because it makes the frying process alot easier and from experience, stews prepared using this method always taste better.
2. Marinate your beef and cowskin over night or for like an hour after which you can cook it(note that I don't cook my cow skin together with the beef. I add it only when I am frying my tomatoes. That way it doesn't get too soft. However, if the cow skin you have available is too hard, you can cook it alongside your beef and if it's the soft type, you can add it when your stew is almost ready. I usually cook my beef for 20 minutes
3. Fry your Fish and the beef. Once fried, set them aside and pour in your tomato mixture into the oil. I use an ample amount of oil to aide in the frying process. Once I am done with that, I scoop out the excess oil and seal it up for future use( perfect for Jollof or egusi soup)
4. Once your tomato mixture is well fried, you would notice the oil bubbles floating on top.
5. Add your seasoning cubes, fried proteins and meat broth. Reduce heat and allow content to simmer for 5 minutes. Wash and chop your curry leave and add to your stew(use moderately) and your stew is ready.

Next recipe would be... (still thinking)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make That Perfect Stew by donbachi(m): 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2019
God help u,i come ur house dis stew no come taste well.

1 Like

Re: How To Make That Perfect Stew by Juliearth(f): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2019
donbachi:
God help u,i come ur house dis stew no come taste well.

Lol! Hurry before "yard people" finish it.
Re: How To Make That Perfect Stew by Ejebleje: 7:00pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hello ma,I like the idea of marinating the protein.
But do we marinate inside petrol,palm oil, turmeric?
And ,how can one cook stew with exclusively canned tomato paste ,and still have it taste good?

(1) (Reply)

Native Soup / Check Out The Body Armour Of Men When Cooking / How To Make Banana Date (dabino) Smoothie. Very Easy Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.