Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,605 members, 7,816,505 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV (30802 Views)

Do You Know You Can Play Recorded Videos From A Decoder To Your Phone / Please Advice... Which Is The Best FTA Decoder To Buy Currently? / Gotv Decoder To Fta Decoder Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by Cedricayus(m): 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2019
Free to air decoders are cost-free as the name suggests, once you own one! you don’t need to worry about monthly payments and recharges to watch your favorite local channels. On the contrary, paid decoders ship with monthly charges, more to watch the same local channels spiced up with a few external stations too.

In case you have always wanted to buy a digital decoder for your TV in order to have full access to all channels. We have a section of tips as to why you should buy a free to air decoder instead of a Startimes, GoTV or satellite dish paid decoder.

No monthly charge attached to their bouquets. The story with free to air decoders is on the opposite track of monthly recharges. Once you buy a free to air decoder, don’t expect to pay any monthly fees whatsoever in order to watch your favorite local channels.

A 100% Clear Reliable Connection

During serious environmental disorders like rain and heavy winds, expect you TV decoder to have a jumpy connection and scratched CD like images. However, forget this if you have a free to air decoder because no central servers exist between your decoder to the provider.

On a paid decoder, a central server provides you with a TV connection and changes in weather can disrupt this connection making it unreliable to conveniently watch TV. So, with a free to air decoder, no servers exist in your connection and all you get is a 100% reliable connection to conveniently watch TV.

Affordable For A Lifetime

Worried about paying for TV together with your monthly utility bills, choose a free to air decoder and only worry about the latter. As a fact, once you get yourself a good free to air decoder, don’t expect any additional fees till when you are tired of watching TV and feel like watching international premium channels off a Satellite provider.

Clear TV Quality As Sent By The Broadcaster

High Definition (HD) is the quality many TV Stations broadcast in and send out as a signal. However, paid decoders have central servers that determine the quality you receive on your decoder.

With a free to air decoder, you get the proper picture quality as sent from a broadcasting station. So, if your favorite local channel has HD programs, get ready to catch them in the same quality if your free to air decoder is further an HD version as well.

In a nutshell, free to air decoder are good, but we highly suggest that you should get an HD free to air decoder. Either way, most decoders are HD compatible the same way LED TVs ship inbuilt free to air decoders on purchase.
If need any of free to air decoder WhatsApp or call me on 08091431815.
Here are the some of free to air decoder that available.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by Cedricayus(m): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2019
Multitv 3d decoder, Strong Max, Strong 4955, Strong 4954, Unique Sat 2090 Plus
Free To Air is the best decoder in the  market for all your free to air stations in Nigeria like  MBC action, myjoy tv, amos sats which show music's, movies both action and local, footballs, BBC, Ajazeera etc.. It is suitable for  Betnaija installation etc. It is a Good choice for all the  free to air religious channels, Nollywood movies, Hollywood, Hollywood action movies, foreighn and local news, ethnic Arabic, Thai,  Vietnamese, Iranian, Chinese, Asian, European, Glorystar,  and African channels on Galaxy 19, and other KU band  satellites. Also works with C-Band for Live News, Drama,  Sports, and Entertainment feeds. No Monthly Fee, No  contract, Buy once and watch FREE, Easy to install  satellite receiver. Good replacement alternative for older  WorldTV Globecast receivers. Requires a FLASH memory USB  stick for recording (not included). Supports Audio and  Video thru RCA or HMDI. No AC3 or RF output.

This satellite receiver requires a KU or C Band dish  installed for it to work. Includes remotes controls. This  High Definition DVB S2 satellite receiver is designed for  North America and set to NTSC and 1080p capable. It has  fast, accurate, blind scan. Receive hundreds of Free To Air  channels and supports a maximum of 5000 channels. Remote  control, batteries, HDMI cable, RCA Cables, and user manual  are included. Ultra-Connectivity Includes an RF output for  connecting to older style televisions. The RF output is  also good for watching TV in two rooms with one receiver.  Simply run a coaxial cable from the RF output to the other  room and watch TV on channel 3. Use the included HDMI cable  for the best output, up to 1080P. The unit also has an  optical audio output for use with HIFI sound systems.  Connect a USB thumb drive and start recording live TV or  schedule an event to record so you can watch it later. With  a thumb drive you can pause live tv and resume later. It is  also useful to back up your satellite settings and channel  list.

Key features

3D Broadcasts Compatible via HDMI

Video Resolution: 1080i/p, 720p, 576i/p

DVR-Ready via USB External Mass Data Storage Device

Time Shift, Record & Playback

USB 2.0 Host for Wi-Fi Adaptor, MPEG & MP3 Playback, JPEG Viewing and Firmware Updates

10,000 Programmable Channels

DVB-S2/S, MPEG-4/2 H.264 Compliant

HDMI Output

Programmable Function Keys: F1-F4 & 0-9

Dolby Digital Electrical Output

16:9 Full Screen, 4:3 Letterbox & Full Screen

Advanced Blind Scan

Auto & Manual Channel Search

Electronic Program Guide

16 Favorite Channel Groups Auto Voltage (AC 100-250V~) SMPS

Recording, Time Shift and Playback Functions via USB External MassData Storage Device

1080p+i / 720p / 576p+i Video Resolution

USB 2.0 Hosts (2) for Wi-Fi Adaptor, USB-to-LAN Converter, 3G Modem, Content Recording, Multimedia Files Play-Out and Software

Updating

MULTICAS Embedded Card Reader

8,000 Programmable Channels

DVB-S2/S, MPEG-4/2 H.264 Compliant

HDMI Output

UHF 21-69 RF Modulator Output

Advanced Blind Scan

Auto & Manual Channel Search

Dolby Digital Electrical Output

8 Favorite Channel Groups

OSD in 12 Languages

Multi Picture Display & Zoom

16:9 Full Screen, 4:3 Letterbox & Full Screen

DiSEqC 1.2 and USALSCompatible

Video Control

Electronic Program Guide

Teletext

DC 12V Power Supply

AC/DC Power Pack (100-240V~, 50/60Hz)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by Authoreety: 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2019
Nice one bro
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by obiekunie2: 4:41pm On Jul 21, 2019
Cedricayus:

bros if u show us the pics of these decoders it will be more encouraging.

how much is STRONG MAX DECODER.

3 Likes

Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by hisgrace090: 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2019
Free to air decoder stations disappears within sometime and you'll have to call the service of expert to look for another one and that makes it costly too.

4 Likes

Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by Cedricayus(m): 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2019
obiekunie2:

bros if u show us the pics of these decoders it will be more encouraging.

how much is STRONG MAX DECODER.
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by blackboy(m): 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2019
Hot in the north
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by obiekunie2: 10:48pm On Jul 21, 2019
Cedricayus:

pls can u show the pics? av not seen any of these decoders before.
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by jubrilcastle(m): 11:26pm On Jul 21, 2019
Nice one. But I'm not always comfortable with whatsApp me things. You have done well, just go ahead and upload pics and prices of the available ones. Believe me anybody that's interested will contact you. Pics and prices convince people more than telling them to whatsApp you. Once they are convinced they will surely whatsApp you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by adekzy: 11:41pm On Jul 21, 2019
What is the guarantee that the stations won't be lost after a while?

What kind of channel do they have most and which is the most reliable one from the list

Cedricayus:
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by umbo: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2019
hisgrace090:
Free to air decoder stations disappears within sometime and you'll have to call the service of expert to look for another one and that makes it costly too.

you are not well informed try and catch up with time.
Free to air satellite are legal ,both here in Nigerian and in diaspora .
None disappears with time as claimed
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by hisgrace090: 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2019
umbo:

you are not well informed try and catch up with time.
Free to air satellite are legal ,both here in Nigerian and in diaspora .
None disappears with time as claimed

Pls no one informed me, almost all my free to air channels including hosana channel disappears remaining few.

They disappears one after another.

2 Likes

Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by umbo: 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
hisgrace090:

Pls no one informed me, almost all my free to air channels including hosana channel disappears remaining few.

next time consult a qualify engineer
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by umbo: 6:08pm On Jul 22, 2019
hisgrace090:

next time consult a qualified engineer
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by hisgrace090: 6:10pm On Jul 22, 2019
umbo:

next time consult a qualify engineer

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by kio052001(m): 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
please I saw this on jumia and I'll like to know if it is save to buy

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by b0rn2fuck(m): 2:02am On Aug 29, 2019
Cedricayus:
Free to air decoders are cost-free as the name suggests, once you own one! you don’t need to worry about monthly payments and recharges to watch your favorite local channels. On the contrary, paid decoders ship with monthly charges, more to watch the same local channels spiced up with a few external stations too.

In case you have always wanted to buy a digital decoder for your TV in order to have full access to all channels. We have a section of tips as to why you should buy a free to air decoder instead of a Startimes, GoTV or satellite dish paid decoder.

No monthly charge attached to their bouquets. The story with free to air decoders is on the opposite track of monthly recharges. Once you buy a free to air decoder, don’t expect to pay any monthly fees whatsoever in order to watch your favorite local channels.

A 100% Clear Reliable Connection

During serious environmental disorders like rain and heavy winds, expect you TV decoder to have a jumpy connection and scratched CD like images. However, forget this if you have a free to air decoder because no central servers exist between your decoder to the provider.

On a paid decoder, a central server provides you with a TV connection and changes in weather can disrupt this connection making it unreliable to conveniently watch TV. So, with a free to air decoder, no servers exist in your connection and all you get is a 100% reliable connection to conveniently watch TV.

Affordable For A Lifetime

Worried about paying for TV together with your monthly utility bills, choose a free to air decoder and only worry about the latter. As a fact, once you get yourself a good free to air decoder, don’t expect any additional fees till when you are tired of watching TV and feel like watching international premium channels off a Satellite provider.

Clear TV Quality As Sent By The Broadcaster

High Definition (HD) is the quality many TV Stations broadcast in and send out as a signal. However, paid decoders have central servers that determine the quality you receive on your decoder.

With a free to air decoder, you get the proper picture quality as sent from a broadcasting station. So, if your favorite local channel has HD programs, get ready to catch them in the same quality if your free to air decoder is further an HD version as well.

In a nutshell, free to air decoder are good, but we highly suggest that you should get an HD free to air decoder. Either way, most decoders are HD compatible the same way LED TVs ship inbuilt free to air decoders on purchase.
If need any of free to air decoder WhatsApp or call me on 08091431815.
Here are the some of free to air decoder that available.

how much with installation, I have startime dish
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by naijajobx: 7:29pm On Sep 08, 2019
check here

you can order all accessories for strong and max and they deliver to all locations

https://www.ctytechnologies.com.ng/product-category/free-to-air-satelite-accessories%f0%9f%93%a1/
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by jamesope04(m): 9:27pm On Sep 11, 2019
naijajobx:
check here

you can order all accessories for strong and max and they deliver to all locations

https://www.ctytechnologies.com.ng/product-category/free-to-air-satelite-accessories%f0%9f%93%a1/
With all those inflated prices? F-connector that is just #10 and you are selling 20pieces for 1k?

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by CsRockefeller(m): 2:26pm On Sep 20, 2019
I need one free to air decoder.
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by Comique(m): 8:55pm On Feb 04, 2020
Well, I have not for once use a FTA decoder before, but may I know if I gotv antenna will work with StrongMax decoder!
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by jamesope04(m): 10:40pm On Feb 04, 2020
Comique:
Well, I have not for once use a FTA decoder before, but may I know if I gotv antenna will work with StrongMax decoder!
No
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by valnelly(m): 11:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
i recieve free to air channels like wazobia tv, unilag tv, ulaff tv, pineapple tv and 4 other channels on my smart tv with my local antenna i bought for 500 naira

3 Likes

Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by Comique(m): 7:22am On Feb 08, 2020
valnelly:
i recieve free to air channels like wazobia tv, unilag tv, ulaff tv, pineapple tv and 4 other channels on my smart tv with my local antenna i bought for 500 naira

You mean local tv antenna can work for free to air like strongmax??

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by valnelly(m): 12:58pm On Feb 09, 2020
Comique:

You mean local tv antenna can work for free to air like strongmax??

only if your TV has a digital tuner dvb t2
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by Comique(m): 8:14pm On Feb 23, 2020
As I said earlier on this thread, I am new to this free to air thing. I will like to get one but I want the one I can watch live EPL matches too. Is there any you can recommend.??
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by satiptv: 11:17am On Mar 13, 2020
Satstar S6HD
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by Comique(m): 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2020
I read hello8 box, please who can give me more insight about it.
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by meekmill(m): 4:46pm On Mar 25, 2020
Hello guys , please i want to install fta , i have 60cm dish and g sat decoder , am in ipaja , lagos
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by showafrica(m): 4:00pm On Mar 27, 2020
New Csat pro with wifi stick with one year account - 8500...pics
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by JohnnyBlack101(m): 1:46am On Apr 10, 2020
Hi

please I have "Strong Max" decoder and all it is showing is some christian channel, no drama/movies or Sports...

what should i do??
Re: Here Is Why You Should Buy A Free To Air Decoder To Watch TV by phranco(m): 4:44pm On Apr 22, 2020
satiptv:
Tvsat
SABC
E.tv
Zap
Canal
Yestv

....more europe and middle east working by Forever server (Satstar S6HD )
is MBC channels and HBO channels on same satellite position, can they be tracked together or do you still need to add another dish, cos am a movie fan and both are my favorite stations

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How to add free to air channels on openview hd / Bein Sports App On Your Andriod Phones / DAARSAT Frequency.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.