Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together (10917 Views)

Maguire Calls For Action After Pogba Is Racially Abused For Penalty Miss / Paul Pogba Is Demanding £500,000 A Week In Order To Stay At Man United / Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by ogbiwa: 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2019
Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba is a "positive influence" who "brings everyone together" at the club, says team-mate Juan Mata.

There has been speculation about Pogba's Old Trafford future after he spoke of finding "a new challenge" in June, while his agent has said the France international wants to leave.

But pre-season has been going well for the squad, said Spaniard Mata.

"He's a fantastic midfielder and he's a very good guy," the 31-year-old added.
"I think he's happy."

Earlier in July, United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer also said Pogba has "never been a problem" and claimed there is an "agenda" against the player.

Mata wants 26-year-old Pogba's future to include helping the club to start lifting "big trophies" under Solskjaer, after two seasons without winning anything.

"Obviously as a team-mate, and as a friend also, I would like him to stay and to be happy because he is a very good player for us," the 31-year-old Spain international, who signed a two-year contract in June.

"We know we have to do better than last season. This club has won more trophies than any other club in England."

United have not won the Premier League since 2013, the year Sir Alex Ferguson retired, and their last major trophy was the Europa League in May 2017 under Jose Mourinho - three months after winning the Carabao Cup.

Solskjaer is Mata's fifth manager at Old Trafford - an amazing statistic given the club prided itself on stability under Ferguson, who was manager for 26 and a half years.

David Moyes was in charge when the midfielder joined United from Chelsea for a then club record £37.1m in January 2014 and he has since served under Ryan Giggs, Louis van Gaal, Mourinho and Solskjaer.

"The feeling of being a Manchester United player is so unique," added Mata, who committed his future to United despite receiving lucrative offers to move elsewhere.

"I am very happy to stay here. I am dreaming about winning big trophies at this club. That is what the fans deserve.

"We want to win big trophies again. That is what the history of this club deserves."

United finished sixth in 2018-19, which means they will play in the Europa League this season.

However, Mata decided to stay and fellow Spaniard, goalkeeper David de Gea, is also on the brink of signing a long-term deal.

"David is the best or one of the best goalkeepers in the world, for sure," Mata said.

"He is one of my best friends, so I want him to stay. On a professional level, it will be great for us if he stays because he will give us many points over the next seasons."

Midfielder Ander Herrera has moved on, though,
joining Paris St-Germain after his Old Trafford contract expired.

Solskjaer is keen to introduce more youngsters into the first-team squad during 2019-20.

Teenage striker Mason Greenwood has been guaranteed a future by the Norwegian and added to his growing reputation on Saturday when he scored the winner against Inter Milan in the pre-season International Champions Cup in Singapore.

"Mason has a lot of qualities and the most important one is his mentality," added Mata.

"He's hungry to improve and to give his all for the team.

"We are very happy he's finding his feet in the first team and gaining confidence. I am sure he'll score many goals for this club."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49066396

1 Like

Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by logon599: 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2019
Ohh. Now I get why players like Pogba are coveted by clubs. The value they add to the club is not just on the pitch alone. Because they're divisive figureheads, they're indirectly helping raise the club's market value since they're always in the news, whether for the right or wrong reasons. Everyday we wake up there's one pogba news or the other and it'll somehow surely be linked back to Man Utd so the player and his club remain valid in our consciousness. This was why in 2016 or so Neymar was named the world's most marketable footballer ahead of people like Messi or Hazard who are hardly controversial figures but who are better at playing football.

Get your beautiful professional architectural designs from very LOW costs. Call or chat 0806121921 for more of my design samples. Thanks

17 Likes

Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by Starboytwo(m): 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
Pogba wahray woh sef, This is the first time I'm not really enthusiastic to be a Manchester united fan....

Liverpool and Mancity are way ahead of us in everything right now, we can only play catch up.... Damn Arsenal people dey try....

Imagine season never start and we Don carry 3rd already... Abegi
Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
What figure of speech is this ?!

cheesy wink grin

crazygod:
I think its called irony. cool
Johnny1013:
continuous impossible tense..
Lol cheesy wink

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by Owaincouncil: 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2019
Lie of the millennium. Pogba of all people.
Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by nelsonstudio1(m): 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2019
cool cool
Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by crazygod(m): 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2019
post=80523133:

cheesy wink grin
I think its called irony. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2019
Epl season will be starting soon, as a Manchester United fan I'm not sure if am ready to go down the rabbit hole... Btw, Man Utd have many problems and Pogba ain't one!!! He's a great guy on and off the pitch... If you think otherwise, you probably need to get your head checked!

2 Likes

Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by Johnny1013(m): 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2019
post=80523133:
cheesy wink grin
continuous impossible tense..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by festacman(m): 4:33pm On Jul 22, 2019
Paul Pogba is classic example of someone with a BRIGHT STAR.

He is not a wonderful or magical player yet world top clubs covet him.
He is not handsome yet world top clubs covet him.
He is not a player that can carry a team on his shoulders yet world top clubs covet him.
He is not idolized in Asia where high purchasing power drives merchandise sales, yet world top clubs covet him.

Favoured from womb.

6 Likes

Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by Kentuforchrist(m): 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2019
U donminit tongue
Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by KingLennon(m): 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2019
Pogba is a very talented player. He just needs to focus more attention on the pitch...
Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by YoungAncient1: 4:45pm On Jul 22, 2019
United to finish 6th again.

1 Like

Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by Perkins1: 4:50pm On Jul 22, 2019
If only Madrid will just leave him to enjoy his Thursday football. After all na him carry them go there.

1 Like

Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by Goodquestion(m): 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2019
Forever Manchester United.
Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2019
Pogba florished in a team that fielded pirlo and marchisio. He went to world cup and florished with kante and matuidi behind him. But at united, he's been off and on, u know why? Becos he is an overrated player. Not even in the list of top 3 midfielders in epl

1 Like

Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by Memberclub(m): 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2019
Dying club
Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by osazsky(m): 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2019
Pls has man u signed d most expensive average defender in d world for 80m with a promise of 350k a week,since d keeper earns higher,,,manguire shld even demand for 500k,cus someone is collecting same for sitting week in week out,,,,,,I pitty Magiure his career just ended,,an average club always have a way of exposing the mistakes of fairly good players,,,a club were d keeper keeps winning player of d season,them one kill am with shot,whoever runs man u is a white Buhari I swear
Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by osazsky(m): 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2019
KingLennon:
Pogba is a very talented player. He just needs to focus more attention on the pitch...
yes but average clubs have a way of exposing good players when they make little mistake, players make mistake at city every now and then but d media doesn't see it,cuz its s good team
Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by eddieguru(m): 5:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
post=80523133:

cheesy wink grin

Lol cheesy wink
grin grin grin...sarcasm cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by FREDDi(m): 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2019
oghenerobo91:
Pogba florished in a team that fielded pirlo and marchisio. He went to world cup and florished with kante and matuidi behind him. But at united, he's been off and on, u know why? Becos he is an overrated player. Not even in the list of top 3 midfielders in epl
Now I know you're hating, so who are your top three midfielders ? for your information pogba made EPL Xi last season...who are your 3 better midfielder.
Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by Akorede02(m): 1:04am On Jul 23, 2019
13ShadesOfMay:
Epl season will be starting soon, as a Manchester United fan I'm not sure if am ready to go down the rabbit hole... Btw, Man Utd have many problems and Pogba ain't one!!! He's a great guy on and off the pitch... If you think otherwise, you probably need to get your head checked!

I think it's only me and you that get sense as a man u fan when it's comes to pogba's issue. Man u as a team is whack. Our investment wack. City's bench go carry league before us.
Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by Akorede02(m): 1:08am On Jul 23, 2019
oghenerobo91:

I doubt your destiny the way you dey doubt Paul's ability. If you play with stars you will shine. If you play with averages you will wack. I think you should understand. Pogba is not bad. Man u investment is poor
Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by Akorede02(m): 1:09am On Jul 23, 2019
FREDDi:
Now I know you're hating, so who are your top three midfielders ? for your information pogba made EPL Xi last season...who are your 3 better midfielder.

The guy no use him brain think jàre.
Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by Nobody: 5:07am On Jul 23, 2019
Akorede02:

I doubt your destiny the way you dey doubt Paul's ability. If you play with stars you will shine. If you play with averages you will wack. I think you should understand. Pogba is not bad. Man u investment is poor
That guy has attitude problem. He's good but not nearly as good as people think
Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by aziaka111(m): 7:46am On Jul 23, 2019
Starboytwo:
Pogba wahray woh sef, This is the first time I'm not really enthusiastic to be a Manchester united fan....

Liverpool and Mancity are way ahead of us in everything right now, we can only play catch up.... Damn Arsenal people dey try....

Imagine season never start and we Don carry 3rd already... Abegi
who dash una 3rd?? no top 4 for man u
Re: Mata: Pogba Is A Positive Influence, Brings Everybody Together by Akorede02(m): 8:12am On Jul 23, 2019
oghenerobo91:

That guy has attitude problem. He's good but not nearly as good as people think

The guy is exceptional and not overrated. That's why clubs like Madrid wants to pop out millions on the guy. We will never value what we have until we lose it.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-super Eagles Of Nigeria Captain Joseph Yobo Welcomes New Baby Girl / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Chelsea Vs Manchester City 0-1 Goals And Highlights / London 2012 Paralympics Opening Ceremony - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.