Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,209 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Hunting The Wind - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hunting The Wind (715 Views)

[story] Lost In The Wind – A Novella / Warriors Of Abushi(The son of the wind) / 'the Wind Of Fate'...life Of A Nigerian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hunting The Wind by Lifeixxgood: 6:54pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hunting_The_wind * Episode 1 * Krisa had just returned from Paris where she had just undergone a plastic surgery to enhance her butt. It was a necessary surgery because her friends who were in a similar business servicing men had done similar surgeries and that had given them an edge over her. At the airport, she went into the plane and navigated her way to the first class cabinet, satisfied with her new look. She was wearing a sky blue mini gown that barely covered her fresh caramel laps. In her hand was a black Chanel chain bag containing her phones and other accessories. She located her seat number and made herself comfortable. She could feel heads turning and staring at her bum but she didn’t care because she was already used to it. Even when she was yet to undergo the surgery, heads turned, how much more now that she had done it. Few minutes after the plane took off, the hair hostess came around to take her order for lunch, it was a treat enjoyed by only first class passengers. She waved the air hostess off and told her she didn’t want lunch. She brought out her phone from her bag and connected to the airline’s WiFi and she began to read up comments on her social media accounts. She had just posted a picture about the surgery she had undergone and people were already commenting, some were hurling insults at her for trying to change what God had created. She smiled through the comments as she always did, she was gaining popularity on social media and that was all she needed. She was about launching her brand and she needed the popularity. She was still thinking of how to go about getting her own clothing line when she saw a man smile at her. Years of experience at the job had taught her how to rate a man’s worth in few seconds and she knew that this one that was smiling at her was a big fish judging from what he was wearing and the fact that only the wealthy could afford to fly first class in an international aircraft. “Hello, pretty” the man said flashing her his perfect dentition. Krisa: “hi” she said without indicating any interest. Adams: “I have been watching you ever since you got into this plane and I must say that you are very beautiful” he said, all in a bid to strike a conversation with her. Krisa: “you have no right to be staring at me like that. I am sure you didn’t pay for a first class ticket so that you can stare at fine girls” she smirked. Adams: “hahahah…I like that. I like ladies who know their worth and I am glad to know that you also know that you are a fine girl” he said. Krisa: “even a blind man knows that I am a fine girl” she said with a pinch of pride in her voice. Adams: “I see. I am Adams, CEO, Dam Oils and group of companies. I am pleased to make your acquaintance. Who are you?” Krisa: “Krisa Martins, an engineer” she said and extended her well polished nails for a hand shake. Adams: “Engineer?” he asked for emphasis. Krisa: “yes? You have a problem with that?” Adams: “no really. Just that you don’t look like an engineer” he managed to say. Krisa: “and what do I look like? One of those cheap girls that open their legs as soon as a man smiles at them?” Adams chuckled. “you have a weird sense of humour, though. Anyway, you look like a beauty queen or the likes, engineering isn’t one of such things” he said. Krisa smiled. She loved it when she teased men’s brain, it gave her utmost satisfaction. Over the years, she had chosen to introduce herself as an engineer for that was the career that best described her profession. She was an engineer because she helped men build and demolish erections; she didn’t care what anyone thought about her definition of engineering. Adams: “hello!” he said bringing her back to reality. Krisa: “what did you say?” Adams: “I said I will be in Nigeria for few weeks before I return back to London. Do you mind if we hang out? I could show you some really cool places in Nigeria and we could even travel to London when next I am going if you don’t mind” he said. Krisa: “I will think about it” she said casually. Adams: “okay, can I at least get your number?” he said. Krisa: “I will rather let you have my card” she said and gave him her complimentary card with the name “Engr. Krisa Martins” written boldly on it. As soon as she handed him the card, she shut him out of her world. She was a runs girl, a prostitute no doubt but she was not one of those cheap prostitutes that could be gotten anyhow. A man had to work and spend hard on her before she allowed him to have a tasted of her honey pot. That was the reason why she only went out with the wealthy because they were the ones who funded her elaborate life style. ==== Krisa was in her sitting room relaxing after her long flight on her favourite settee when she heard a knock on her door. She ignored it and continued to flip through the pages of the city magazine that she was holding. When the knock persisted, she got up and saw Linda, at the door. Linda was the woman who had introduced Krisa to the world of men when she had run away from the village several years ago. Linda was literally her benefactor from the time she ran away from the village to the time she could afford to stand on her feet. For that gesture, Krisa was grateful but she was ambitious and not even Linda could stand in the way of her achieving her dreams. Krisa: “yes, how may I help you and what are you doing in my house?” she asked barricading the entrance to her room, thereby preventing Linda from going in. Linda pushed her without saying a word and entered the sitting room. She took her time to take in the details of the room and smiled mischievously. Krisa: “what the Bleep are you doing in my house? Say it now or I will have you arrested for trespassing” she threatened. Linda: “hmmn, Krisa, the little girl of yesterday get me arrested in Abuja? Hahaha… I see that this house that you now live in is deceiving you. You think the men that you go about fucking in town can save you from my wrath? Oh wait a minute, what were you thinking when you blocked me from your social media accounts? That I will never find you or what? You must be mad” Krisa: “I will not have you come to my house and insult me. No, I will not” Linda: “I will insult you as much as I like and there is nothing I repeat, there is nothing that you can do about it. Look at you, I remember so many years ago when I helped you run away from the village. I brought you to the city, cleaned you up and showed you the way and now this is how you chose to pay me back?” she asked her. Krisa: “so what if you helped me find my way in the city? And why do you keep making reference to what happened in the village? I have arrived now and I don’t need you around me, is that too much to ask for?” Linda: “you lie Krisa, you still need me. Oh yes you do. I am like the air you breathe and without me, you will go out of life and business in the city. It is only a fool that will bite the fingers that feed it. Retrace your steps now Krisa before you get consumed by my fury. A word is enough for the wise” she said and made for the day. Krisa: “you can do nothing. I dare you, do your worst. I have more money and connections than you now and if you try it, they will carry your dead body back to the village. Just try me and see!” she bragged. * * * To be continued please I really need your comment to know if I should continue
Re: Hunting The Wind by Lifeixxgood: 6:56am On Jul 23, 2019
Hunting_The_Wind * Episode 2 * After Linda left, Krisa sat down to think of the happenings that had taken place in the village where she liveed with her parents before she met Linda. Krisa had been an adventurous child right from her secondary school days. She was known to frolic around after school hours with boys and even teachers in the community secondary school that she attended. Her parents were poor but she wished that they were rich so that she could afford to go to a private school and date as many rich boys as they were there. Her mother who had noticed her daughter’s waywardness had called to advise and caution her several times but she had turned a deaf ear to her mother’s advice. She was like a bird in a cage, eager to exploit the world as soon as it was released. At 16, Kris was no longer a virgin as she had slept with most of the male senior students in her class and some randy teachers who took advantage of her average level of comprehension to sleep with her for marks. Her father was a strict disciplinarian and each time that he saw her with boys or heard about her philandering, he would give her the beating of her life. Soon enough, she got used to his beating and no matter how hard he flogged her, she would never cry. After her junior WAEC, she discovered that she was few weeks pregnant but she had kept the pregnancy to herself after taking several herbs to abort it all to no avail. Her mother was the first to notice the pregnancy when she caught her vomiting at the back of the house on an early Saturday morning. Mama Kris: “Kris, what is wrong with you, why are you throwing up like that this early in the morning when you have not eaten anything” she asked startling the girl who didn’t know that anyone was watching her. Kris: “erm mama, I…I didn’t know that you are here” she stuttered. Mama Kris: “that does not answer my question. I have been watching you for days now and I noticed that you usually come to this backyard every morning and I have been wondering what brings you here. So, you have been vomiting all these days?” Kris: “vomit? No o, it is only today o” she lied. “Come here, Kris” he mother said and motioned with her hands for her to come. After few seconds of hesitation, Kris went to her mother. The woman looked at her daughter’s eyes, her palms and felt the tenderness of her breasts. Mama Kris: “you are pregnant. This girl has killed me o, yaay” she screamed attracting the attention of her husband who was shaving somewhere in the compound. Kris: “I am not pregnant o” she denied stubbornly. Baba Kris who had heard his wife scream went to the backyard where mother and daughter were arguing. Baba Kris: “what is going on here? Iya Kris, what are you doing here with your daughter?” he asked with the shaving stick and the mirror he was using still in his hands. Mama Kris: “it is your daughter o, my husband” she said raising her hands to her head. Baba Kris: “what has she done again this morning? Did you catch her standing here with a boy? Kris, do you want to kill your mother and I before our time? How did we offend you, ehn? Is it a crime for one to give birth to a daughter in this generation?” Mama Kris: “it would have been better if I had caught her with a boy o” she exclaimed. “What is that supposed to mean? Do you encourage her to follow boys about now” her husband asked. Mama Kris: “Your daughter is pregnant. Can you imagine the shame this girl is bringing upon us? Where do I hide my face now? What will people say?” Baba Kris: “wait! Who is pregnant? My own daughter? No, it cannot be possible. She knows that I will personally kill her myself if she tries that. She cannot be pregnant, never” Mama Kris: “She is pregnant o, I met her here vomiting and she has been throwing up for a couple of days now” she said. Baba Kris: “that is not enough reason to conclude that she is pregnant. There are many reasons why people vomit” Mama Kris: “am I not a woman? Don’t I know the symptoms of pregnancy? It is obvious that this girl is pregnant” Baba Kris: “ngbo Kris, are you pregnant?” he asked his daughter for confirmation. Kris: “papa, I am not pregnant o, I don’t know what my mother is talking about” Mama Kris: “you are lying. How long do you think this is going to stay hidden?” Kris: “mama I said I am not pregnant. Ah-ah what is it seff? Somebody cannot just vomit without people saying she is pregnant? Abeg” she said and made to walk away but her father dragged her back and gave her a resounding slap. Baba Kris: “how dare you talk to your mother like that? Do you know what she went through before having you? I have told you that I will kill you with my bare hands if you don’t learn to be respectful” Kris: “baba leave me, is it not mama that is saying that I am pregnant? How can I be pregnant when I am not married?” “I will not leave you, Kris. I am your father and I will continue to correct you until that stubborn spirit of yours leaves you. You say you are not pregnant right? Fine, we are going to the hospital for them to carry out a test on you, that is the only way we can find out if you are truly pregnant or not” Kris: “ha, hospital kwa. I am not going to any hospital o. All I know is that I am not pregnant and I am not going to any hospital for any pregnancy test” Baba Kris: “I am not asking for your permission. In fact, you do not have a choice but to follow us to the hospital and if you dare to resist going with us, I will tie you to my motorcycle and drag you along with us” His wife nodded in agreement. Baba Kris: “mama Kris, take this my shaving stick and mirror back to the room and get me my motorcycle keys, we are going to the hospital right away” he said to his wife. Mama Kris: “okay, my dear” she said and collected the items from his hands and ran into the room. Few minutes later, she ran out of the room wearing a clean wrapper with a scarf over her head and the motorcycle keys in her hands. Baba Kris “stay with her and make sure she doesn’t run away, let me go in an and change into something better and carry some money” he said and handed over Krisa whom he was holding to her mother. ==== Baba Kris felt his world crumbling when the nurse at the village clinic confirmed that his daughter was 8 weeks pregnant and advised that they register her for antenatal as soon as possible. From the hospital till they got home, baba Kris smacked his daughter with everything that he could lay his hands on. From his belt to wires to sticks. By the time they got home, Krisa already had injuries all over her body and yet she refused to disclose who the father of the baby she was carrying was. * * * To be continued
Re: Hunting The Wind by Lifeixxgood: 6:58am On Jul 23, 2019
Re: Hunting The Wind by Lifeixxgood: 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2019
Hunting_The_Wind * Episode 3 * After they got home, baba Krisa ordered that she got on her knees right in the middle of the compound. By this time, Krisa was already crying aloud and neighbors were gathering to watch the drama that was unfolding right before their eyes. Baba Krisa: “I am going to ask you for the last time. Who is responsible for your pregnancy?” There was a pause and all that could be heard was Krisa sniffing. Baba Krisa: “Are you dead? I said who is responsible for the child in your womb?” he barked and brought his horse whip heavily over her shoulder. She let out a loud scream and some of the neighbors who were bold enough entered the compound from where they were hanging and watching the drama from the short mud fence that surronded the house. Neighbor 1: “It is okay, baba Kris. You have to be very patient with your daughter else you will end up killing her yourself. Children of nowadays can be very stubborn o, the beating is okay like that, please” an elderly man said. Baba Kris: “this girl wants to kill me before my time. I don’t know what I have done to deserve such an embarrassment from her. I am a poor man like you all know but I try my best to feed my family from what I make from farming and my motorcycle rounds. God knows that I cannot afford to pay the fees of a private school and that is why I enrolled her in a public school. Many people have graduated from that same public school and they are making their parents proud but this one went to school and took it upon herself to follow men all about. Now she is pregnant and you say I should not force the name of the father of the baby out of her mouth?” Neighbor 2: “you have every right to be angry, my brother. In fact, there is nobody in your shoes that will not be angry at what this girl has done. Several times I have seen her in questionable places with different boys and I would call her aside and talk to her so you see, you have the right to get angry but there are better ways of going about it. You should take her into the room and talk to her gently thereby saving her this embarrassment” one of their female distant relations said to him. Mama Krisa: “that is what I have been saying to him. Let us go inside and question her, see the way people are gathering as if we are staging a play here. Before you know it now, our names will be the topic of gossips in the village” Baba Krisa: “this girl that has already dragged my name into the mud is the person you are saying I shouldn’t embarrass? I will embarrass her the way she has been embarrassing me with her actions. Mama Krisa, don’t allow me change it for you o” he warned his wife. His wife shrugged her shoulders and showed him his palms in resignation. Baba Krisa: “now you, who is responsible for your pregnancy?” he said to his daughter. Krisa did not say anything and so he got back to beating her again. When he had beaten her to his satisfaction, he ordered her into the room and compelled his wife not to give her anything to eat until she was ready to disclose the owner of her pregnancy. As soon as her husband went out, mama Krisa took food in a bowl and took it to her daughter’s room. She set it beside her. Mama Krisa: “why are you doing this to yourself, my daughter? Why don’t you want to disclose the identity of the man who got you pregnant? Why are you protecting him and hurting yourself in the process? Look at how bruised you look, you know that your father would not take it easy with you if you don’t speak up, please tell me who is responsible, it breaks my heart to see a girl that I gave birth to suffering this much because of a man who doesn’t even care about you” she pleaded. Krisa: “mama, just leave me alone o, you are the cause of all these in the first place” she said rudely. Mama Krisa: “how are my the cause? Have I ever asked you to go out with a man before?” Krisa: “ee..is it not you that told my father that you caught me vomiting and so I was pregnant? If you didn’t tell him that I was pregnant, all these wouldn’t have happened” Mama Krisa: “I am your mother and I mean well for you, that does not mean that I should shield you and encourage you to become wayward” Krisa: “then leave me alone, what is it? Shebi you have achieved what you want? Leave me alone now, hiah!” Mama Krisa: “Krisa! Why are you this stubborn? When will you ever change?” Krisa: “mtcheww” she hissed. Mama Krisa: “Anyway, that is your food. Make sure you finish it and return the plate to the kitchen before your father returns because he warned me not to give you food until you disclose who got you pregnant” Krisa: “come and carry your food along with you o. Don’t think that you can bribe me with food after telling on me” she threw back at her mother. The sad and bewildered woman shook her head and left the room. As soon as Krisa was sure that her mother had left the room, she took the food and devoured it hurriedly and then left the plate where her mother had kept it and went to sleep. ==== “What! So you are here sleeping? After causing me so much pain and embarrassment?” her father said and kicked her hard on her legs causing her to jerk off from here sleep. Suddenly, he saw the plates she had used to eat on the floor. Baba Krisa: “I thought I said that nobody should give you any food to eat in this house until you are willing to confess? Who brought this for you?” he asked and then called his wife when Krisa did not reply him. Baba Krisa: “who gave her my food to eat?” he asked after pointing at the plates. Mama Krisa: “I…I…” she stammered. Baba Krisa: “you what? You went against my orders and served her food right? You cannot obey me, how do you expect your daughter to obey me? Can you now see that you are the one encouraging this girl to be wayward?” Mama Krisa: “I am sorry, my husband. I just had pity on her because of the baby in her womb, it is not good to starve a pregnant woman like that. I am sorry I had to disobey you” she apologized. Baba Krisa: “and you, are you willing to tell me the person that got you pregnant now?” There was still no response from Krisa. Baba Krisa: “Fine, you think I will be foolish enough to allow you remain like this so that your mother will continue giving you food right? Okay now” he said, went into the kitchen and cleared the space that served as their store of anything that was in there. He removed the yams and other foodstuff that was kept there and swept the place. When he was satisfied, he dragged his daughter into the place and locked the door with a new padlock whose key only him had. Baba Krisa: “this is where you will stay and starve to death if you don’t talk” he said and left the house. Krisa sat on the floor and after hours, she became thirsty and hungry. She tried to scream for help but no one answered her. She collapsed on the floor and began to cry, cursing the baby in her womb and the person that had gotten her pregnant. * * * To be continued
Re: Hunting The Wind by Lifeixxgood: 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2019
Re: Hunting The Wind by Lifeixxgood: 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2019
Hunting_The_Wind * Episode 4 * krisa managed to get up with the last strength she had in her body and began to pound on the door. Krisa: “mama, where are you, I am hungry and thirsty and this place is stuffy” she screamed at the top of her voice but there was no response because her mother had gone out of the house. Krisa: “mama, are you there? Your daughter is dying here o, come and help me here o, if not God will not forgive you for allowing your daughter die” she said again. When there was no response, she began to pound furiously on the door and shake it. After few minutes, she fell back on the floor and began to scream and roll herself on the ground. It was a futile exercise that made her even more hungry and weak. After few minutes, she passed out on the floor there. ==== Mama Krisa: “please my husband, let us open the door and at least check on her. She has been quiet for a while now and I am afraid that something terrible may have happened to her” she pleaded with her husband after she returned from where she had gone to fetch pipe borne water. Baba Krisa: “nothing will happen to her. That girl is very stubborn and she needs to be taught some lessons, if anything happens to her, we will bury her, full stop” Mama Krisa: “ah, God will not allow me to bury any of my children o. Ororun oni je. Please my husband, let us open the door a little, if we confirm that she is fine, we will close it back. Please” she continued to plead with him until he reluctantly got up and went to search for the key where he had kept it. He opened the door and they saw Krisa sprawled on the floor, unconscious. Mama Krisa: “my daughter, my daughter o, somebody help me” she screamed and ran to shake her up. Baba Krisa: “nothing will happen to her. She is going through all these because of her stubbornness” he said and went into the kitchen where she got cold water and sprinkled on her. She opened her eyes and raised her head. It felt like she was in a trance and all she could feel was a splitting headache and pangs of hunger clutching her stomach. Krisa: “food, water” she said weakly. Mama Krisa: “please let us take her to the hospital now” she said to her husband. Baba Krisa: “which hospital? Please don’t make me laugh” he said to his wife. Krisa: “I am hungry, I want food and water” she said and her mother ran off to go to the kitchen but her husband prevented her. Baba Krisa: “you are not going to get her any food until she is ready to talk” he said. Mama Krisa: “no, you cannot do that. Can’t you see that this girl is weak and may soon die of hunger and thirst? Please, let us give her food and water and then we can ask her about the owner of the pregnancy” Baba Krisa: “we will be moving in circles if we give her food and water. Oya, let us go, I can see that she is not willing to talk, I want to lock her back in” he said and took his wife out. Krisa heard the clang of the padlock and it dawned on her that her father meant business and that he would not hesitate to allow her die if she didn’t speak up. The horror of the pain and hunger she had felt before she fainted came rushing and she knew that if not for divine intervention, she would have passed out. She was no willing to go through that experience again and so she decided to speak up. Krisa: “why am I even protecting the person who got me pregnant? He is there enjoying himself and I am here suffering. I just have to speak up” she said and called out to her parents. Krisa: “papa, mama, please wait” she screamed at the top of her voice. Mama Krisa “she is calling out to us, my husband” she said anxiously. Baba Krisa: “I heard her” he said without showing any interest. Krisa: “baba, mama!” she screamed again, afraid that her parents had abandoned her to die of hunger and thirst in that stuffy homemade cell. Mama Krisa: “yes, my daughter” Krisa: “baba, are you there” she called out because she knew that only her father had the key to her cell. Baba Krisa: “are you ready to talk now?” he answered in a voice that did not betray any emotion. Krisa: “yes” she replied quickly. Baba Krisa: “good, go ahead, I can hear you from here” Krisa: “please, open the door and let me come out and eat and get the strength to talk” she said but her father ignored her. When she saw that she couldn’t outsmart her father, she spoke up again. Krisa: “okay, I will talk” Baba Krisa: “who is responsible for your pregnancy?” Krisa: “it is teacher Ike!” she finally said. Mama Krisa: “what! How can a teacher do this to my daughter?” Baba Krisa: “who is teacher Ike” he asked, ignoring his wife’s outburst. Krisa: “teacher Ike is my JSS 3 form teacher” Baba Krisa: “fine. That means that you are now the wife of a teacher. Does he know that you are pregnant for him?” Krisa: “yes, he knows. I told him and he said I should not tell anybody because he would lose his job if the school management finds out that he had impregnated a student” she explained. Baba Krisa: “are you sure that he is the one responsible?” Krisa: “I swear with my grandmother’s grave that he is the one responsible” “Fine. That is all I need to hear from you” he said, unlocked the padlock and ushered her out. Turning to his wife, he said. “Give her enough food and water to take and boil water for her to freshen up” Mama Krisa: “Okay, my dear” she said and went about doing all that her husband asked her to do, glad that the faceoff between father and daughter was finally over. Turning to his daughter who was leaning against the wall because her strength could not carry her, he said. “Make sure you eat as much as you can because this is the last food you will be eating in this house as a single lady. As soon as you have freshened up, pack all your clothes, I am taking you to your husband’s house” he said and walked away. And so, Krisa became the wife of teacher Ike who detested her because she had made him lose his job after the school management discovered that he had impregnated a female student. Although teacher Ike was angry at her for making him lose his job, he tried all his best to make sure he provided for her basic needs with the little savings he had before he lost his job but she was not satisfied. She wanted a better life and a city husband with a big mansion and big cars. She already hated the baby even before she gave birth to it and she had plans for the baby. Then one night, exactly a week before her expected date of delivery, she went into labour. * * * To be continued
read next episode from the link below
https://www.storybaze.com/2019/07/hunting-wind-episode-5.html
Re: Hunting The Wind by Lifeixxgood: 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
Hunting_The_Wind * Episode 5 * Krisa had a problematic labour that lingered for hours. The nurses tried to make her cooperate with them but she was tired of pushing and all she could do was cry and scream. Nurse 1: “this one wey you dey shout like Christmas goat, my friend you better use that strength push o, nobody go help you push your baby commot” the mean nurse said to her. Krisa: “the pain is too much, I feel weak, I cannot push again” Nurse 1: “abeg abeg, no come stress me for here o, no be only you dey labour for this hospital o, how many women voices you dey hear? When you dey busy dey open your leg for man dey shout hit me harder, come deeper, I dey there? Na me and you enjoy as your man they hammer you for bed? Why you want make I follow you suffer am now? If you know as you take open your leg when him dey do you, you better open your leg like that push now o” Krisa: “I am tired, let me rest please ma” she managed to say. Nurse 1: “which yeye rest? If you never ready to push abeg tell us make we go attend to another woman” she said, sighed and left her. The younger nurse who was more sympathetic went out and called teacher Ike and asked him to speak with his wife on the need to cooperate with the nurses. As soon as she saw her husband enter the labour room, Krisa began to curse him. “God will punish you for putting me in this condition. Look at the pain I am going through because you got me pregnant. My parents enrolled me in a school and instead of you to teach me, you were busy sleeping with me, now see me. I hate you” she cursed. Teacher Ike: “calm down, I know you are in so much pain okay but you need to cooperate with the nurses. I am so sorry you have to go through this, if I can go through it for you, I will gladly do that” Krisa: “just get out! I hate you and I cannot stand your presence. Go and call my parents for me, if only I had known that childbirth was this painful, I wouldn’t have been rude to them all these while” When the nurse saw that the presence of her husband was doing more harm than good to krisa’s condition, she ushered him out of the labour room. Nurse 2: “you may go and wait for her in the waiting room now, sir. It is normal for women who are in labour to get mad at their husbands” she said to teacher Ike who left the labour room, terribly embarrassed. Teacher Ike had no option than to go and call her mother when after spending two days in the hospital, his wife was yet to deliver. When her father heard that she was in the labour room, he and his wife ran to see their daughter in the hospital, all the anger he had felt for her melting immediately he heard that she was having a tough time giving birth. At the village government owned and managed hospital, Krisa was moved out of the labour room to the female ward. It was there that her parents came to see her. Her mother broke into tears as soon as she saw her daughter’s state. Mama Krisa: “are you okay? Why did they move you from the labour room?” she asked. Krisa: “they said I should vacate the bed for women that are ready to give birth because my own was taking too much time” she said weakly. Mama Krisa: “hey God, have mercy on me o. Krisa, you will give birth safely the way I gave birth to you o” Krisa: “mama, baba, I am sorry for all the pains and embarrassment that I caused you. I am sorry that I was rude to you, I didn’t know that giving birth can be this painful o, I promise that I will be a good child from now henceforth” she said. Mama Krisa: “it is okay, my dear. I don’t hold anything against you. Just give birth safely so that we can all leave here together with our grandchild” she said wiping tears with her hands from her daughter’s eyes. Baba Krisa: “I am going to talk to the doctor so that we can move you to a private hospital. I have some money with me and even if that is not enough, I will run around to get more so that they can attend to you properly in a private hospital” he said getting up and asking teacher Ike to come with him. Krisa: “hmmmn, okay daddy. This pain is too much o. I am dying o” Mama Krisa: “don’t cry out o, it is your first baby and if you cry out now, that is how you will be crying anytime you want to give birth. So endure okay, you will be fine” Krisa: “mama!” she said attempting to sit up from the bed. Mama Krisa: “yes, my dear” she said getting helping her up. Krisa: “I want to poo, the baby is coming, yaay, the pain is too much” she started to scream and her mother ran to get the nurses who came and wheeled her away to the labour room. After more than 30 minutes of pushing, she had a still birth. Her husband and her father took the body of the dead child away and buried it. Krisa was discharged the next day and she returned to her husband’s house. ===== About 6 months after the death of their baby, teacher Ike returned Krisa back to her father’s house. Teacher Ike: “dad and mum, I have returned your daughter and this is to officially inform you that we are no longer husband and wife” he said to them after they had been offered a seat in the sitting room. Mama Krisa: “what do you mean by you are no longer husband and wife? You got my daughter pregnant, you made her drop out of school, she went through excruciating pains to have a still birth some months ago and now you say you don’t want to marry her again? Who does that?” Baba Krisa: “my friend, you have been living with my daughter for months before she gave birth and even after her still birth, you have been living together until today. For you to say this now, I know that there is no smoke without fire, tell me exactly what the problem is. Why don’t you want her as a wife anymore?” Mama Krisa: “I don’t like the way you are taking it easy with this man o, why are you talking as if you are afraid of him now? How can a teacher destroy your daughter’s life like this and yet you are telling him there is no smoke without fire?” Baba Krisa: “woman, take it easy. We need to take things easy if we must get to the root of this matter. And you Krisa, you are here as if you are not here, what happened between you and your husband?” he asked his daughter who had been quiet ever since the discussion started. Krisa: “nothing, baba” Baba Krisa: “I know you will not talk. I thought the experience you had in the labour room was enough to make you a better person but I was wrong. As soon as you left the labour room, the spirit of arrogance and stubbornness returned. Teacher, go ahead and tell me what happened, I am all ears” Mama Krisa: “wait a minute, what am I seeing there?” * * * To be continued
Re: Hunting The Wind by Lifeixxgood: 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
Re: Hunting The Wind by Lifeixxgood: 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2019
Hunting_The_Wind
Episode 6
Baba Krisa: “what are you seeing again? Ah
women with their plenty wahala” he said.
Mama Krisa “is that pregnancy that I am seeing
Krisa? Oh teacher, so you got my daughter
pregnant again and now you want to return her
back to us? It will not work”
Baba Krisa: “ah-ah, she is pregnant again? Just
when I was thinking of her going back to school?
No, teacher Ike, you cannot return her in this
state. You cannot make her pregnant for the
second time and then come here and be speaking
English. She is your wife, take her home and
settle whatever differences the both of you have”
Teacher Ike: “the pregnancy is the reason why we
are here sir”
Baba Krisa: “what do you mean by that? This is
not the first time you are making her pregnant so
what are you talking about?”
Mama Krisa: “don’t mind him o, my husband. I
am sure that he wanted my daughter to get rid of
this pregnancy and she refused. That must be the
reason why he brought her back to us”
Teacher: “no ma, that is not the reason. Yes, I
told her not to mention my name when I got her
pregnant the first time but then I will never ask
her to go for an abortion”
Baba Krisa: “then what is the matter? Speak up
and stop beating about the bush”
Teacher Ike: “thank you sir but I will like you to
ask your daughter here to explain to us all that
happened because I am also confused that I
don’t even know how to go about explaining it”
Baba Krisa: “Krisa, you heard what your husband
said. Tell us, what happened between the two of
you?”
There was a moment of silence, so thick that a
grain of rice falling on the floor would have made
a resounding sound.
Mama Krisa: “talk now, that is my problem with
you. When they are asking you something like
this, you will not talk”
Baba Krisa: “she has refused to talk but I have
promised myself that I will not raise up my hand
and beat another man’s wife even though she is
my daughter. At this juncture, you have to tell us
what happened yourself because beating is the
only thing that can make her open that her mouth
and I am not willing to do it”
Teacher Ike: “sir, it is this same silent treatment
that she has been giving me ever since she got
pregnant. Please, help me ask her who is
responsible for the pregnancy, I am tired of asking
and receiving silence for another answer”
Mama Krisa: “what do you mean by who is
responsible for the pregnancy? Who else but you?
Are you not her husband?”
Baba Krisa: “erm teacher, are you saying you are
not the one who is responsible for the child she is
carrying?”
Mama Krisa: “why are you asking him that kind of
a question? Even when our daughter was living
with us, he was able to get her pregnant, is it now
that they are living together that he is no longer
the one who did it?”
Baba Krisa: “woman, will you keep quiet and
allow me get to the root of this matter or do you
want me to send you away from this place?” he
asked his wife who went quiet immediately.
Teacher Ike: “I was responsible for the first
pregnancy that resulted in the still birth but I am
not responsible for this one, I can swear to that”
Baba Krisa: “but how are you sure? You have
been living together as man and wife for months
now”
Teacher Ike: “Ever since we started living together,
it has been one complain or the other. I try my
best to provide for her from the little I have but
Krisa never appreciated it. Even while she was
pregnant the first time, she would always tell me
that I am not her dream man and that she
couldn’t wait to give birth so that she could move
on with her life because I couldn’t give her the
kind of life she wanted.
I ignored her talk and continued to do my best for
her. After we returned from the hospital, I allowed
her to rest for few weeks and then I attempted to
touch her but she told me that she would only
allow me to touch her if I buy a big house, a big
car and relocate to the city. I told her I could not
afford those things for now and she picked a
quarrel with me. It has been from one quarrel to
the other after that day.
I am categorically telling you that I have not slept
with her since the day she had that still birth. The
next thing I saw was pregnancy, when I asked her
who was responsible, she told me I had no right
to ask because I did not pay her bride price. I
insisted on knowing and she refused to say
anything after that, that is the reason why I have
returned her so that you will know that I am not
the one responsible for the pregnancy this time
around”
Mama Krisa: “hey, this girl you have killed me
again. Your father was right when he said that
you have not changed. How can you get pregnant
for another man while your husband is still alive?”
her mother who had been listening attentively
said.
Baba Krisa: “God, what have I done to deserve
this? How comes my own is different? How can
my own daughter take it upon herself to make me
a subject of mockery among my friends? Who did
I offend that I don’t know?” he asked
unconsciously raising his head to the sky.
Teacher Ike: “that is it, sir”
Baba Krisa: “and you, daughter of Jezebel, you
heard what your husband said, is he saying the
truth?” she nodded.
Teacher Ike: “Thank God she finally nodded. I was
actually thinking of coming with my people to pay
her bride price but as it is, she is now another
person’s wife. Here are all her belongings in my
house. Krisa, I don’t ever want to see you
anywhere close to me or my house again, I wish
you a safe delivery at your due time” he said
bowed courteously to her parents and left the
house.
====
After several face offs with her parents, Krisa
informed them that she was pregnant for the son
of the wealthiest man in their town who was
giving her money while she was living with
teacher.
As usual, her father matched her off to her
husband’s house but to their surprise, they
discovered that the person who was responsible
for the pregnancy was their domestic staff and
not a son of the wealthy man.
Baba Krisa: “can you now see your life? You left
teacher Ike who has a great future and who has
great plans for you and got pregnant for an
illiterate house boy. Sometimes, I wonder if you
are truly my daughter”
Krisa: “but he told me he was the first child of
chief and I believed him because he brought me
into this house and slept with me more than once
here” she said.
Baba Krisa: “I am sure he did that when chief and
his wife were not around. Why won’t you believe
him when you are greedy and selfish? Anyway,
enjoy your new home” he said handing her over to
the domestic staff who was confused because
chief had sacked him and had asked him to leave
his house after he found out what he did.
Krisa cried aloud when her father left her
standing, bag in hand with her illiterate, jobless,
penniless and homeless boyfriend.
To be continued

https://www.storytelling.com.ng/search/label/Hunting%20The%20Wind?updated-max=2019-07-27T03:26:00-07:00&max-results=20&start=14&by-date=false&m=1
Re: Hunting The Wind by Lifeixxgood: 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2019
Hunting_The_Wind * Episode 7 * Nike for that was the name of the boy who got Krisa pregnant managed to get a friend who had a one room apartment to allow them squat with him since he didn’t have enough money to rent an apartment. The friend who felt pity for Nike who had just lost his job told him that they could stay with him for as long as he wanted. All through the time that Krisa was pregnant, she was quarrelling with Nike who accused her of ruining his life by getting pregnant for him. She had expected him to apologize to her and cuddle her like teacher Ike did anytime she started to nag but Nike would have none of it and he wasted no time in throwing back her words at her. Anytime the two of them started quarrelling, which they always did, his friend would leave the house for them since he had attempted to make them live in peace without success. He was already tired of accommodating them in the house and he couldn’t wait for her to give birth so that they could leave his house. If only he knew that their coming to live with him would inconvenience him that much, he wouldn’t have accepted them in the first place. As soon Nike got back from the site where he worked as a lobourer, Krisa began to nag. Krisa: “just look at you, useless man in fact, why am I calling you a man? You are just a useless boy” she said to him. Nike: “I am a useless boy and yet I bleeped you and got you pregnant, I can see that you really don’t know the meaning of useless. How can you even know when instead of going to school to study, you went there and got pregnant for your teacher” he fired back. Krisa: “hehehe..look at who is talking, at least I have my JSS certificate, which one do you have? Have you ever been to the four walls of a school before in your life? Look at kettle calling pot black” Nike: “Yes, I have never been to a school before and that is why I am better than you. If I had the opportunity of being sent to school, I would have done something good with my life, unlike you” Krisa: “I don’t blame you, I blame myself for getting entangled with an illiterate like you. I don’t even know how I even fell for your lies seff. The first child of chief ko, the heir apparent to the throne ni, useless liar” Nike: “I am a liar but what are you? A foolish and greedy ingrate who cannot even see beyond her nose” Krisa: “you should be ashamed of yourself. At your age, you do not even have a house of your own, you are busy squatting with your friend who is younger than you. Go and get your own house the way all your mates have their own, useless thing” Nike: “if you dare call me useless again, I will give you the beating of your life so that you will know that I am not useless. You want to push me to go and steal right? It will not work. I was living comfortably in chief’s house before you came with your bad luck and I was sent away. You think I don’t know that you have eyes for my friend? I know that you are a cheap prostitute, that is why you were sleeping with me even while you were living with another man” Krisa: “so fu.ccking what if I have eyes for your friend? Is he not better than you? If not for him who took us in, by now we would have been homeless. I even wish I had gotten pregnant for him instead of you” Nike: “I said it, you are a useless prostitute. I regret allowing you into my life” he hissed. They kept on hurling insults at each other for hours and even after the owner of the house returned, he met them quarrelling. Kail: “guys, what is all these now? You people are not the only couple in the compound you know, enough of the quarrels please, I had a long day at work and I need to rest” he said. Krisa: “warn your friend o, if not for the respect that I have for you, I would have done something terrible to him. He has been insulting me since he got back home. Which man in his right senses will stand and exchange words with a hungry and pregnant woman?” Kail: “It is okay, ah-ahn, you talk too much. Anyway, just let whatever it is go please” Nike: “don’t be angry my friend, I don’t even know how I got myself entangled in this the first instance” Kail: “just take it easy on her, she is a pregnant woman” Krisa: “leave him let him continue talking now, useless thing” Nike made to hit her but Kail came in between them and held his friend’s hand. Krisa: “come and beat me now, touch me and see if my father will not arrest you ==== Labour came and Nike had no money to take Krisa to the hospital. His friend whom they were squatting with had travelled and so he had no place to borrow money from. Krisa stayed at home and when she couldn’t bear it anymore, she began to scream at him. Krisa: “can’t you see that the baby is on its way? Won’t you take me to the hospital” she said holding on to her waist. Nike: “Can’t you just keep quiet and push this baby out? Don’t you know that women give birth at home?” Krisa: “it is your mother that would give birth in the village. Take me to the hospital now o before I die here” she said. Nike: “what kind of a woman have I gotten for myself? Even when she is in labour, her mouth is still running” Krisa got violent and began to throw things at him, threatening to break all that they had in the room. He had no option but to take her to the hospital after which he ran off to inform her parents that their daughter was in labour. Her mother asked if she had taken the necessary items for baby to the hospital and Nike told her that they had not been able to buy anything because he was only earning enough for them to feed with. Her mother had to run around to buy some essential baby things, some of which she got on credit from her friends who sold such items. Her husband also removed some money from his save and together they went to the hospital. On getting to the hospital, they were told that their daughter had given birth and was being cleaned up. Mama Krisa gave the nurse the baby things she had brought with her and the couple waited to go in and see their daughter. After a while, the nurse came out to inform them that they could go in to see her. They got to the ward and discovered that Krisa and the baby she had were nowhere to be found. They alerted the nurses who checked all the wards without seeing her. They all run out and they saw Krisa trying to sneak out of the hospital, she was being accosted and questioned by the security men when her parents and nurses came out. Mama Krisa: “where are you going my daughter? Where is the baby?” Security: “do you people know her?” Nurse: “these are her people and she just had a baby. Did you see her with any baby?” she asked the security man. Security: “no o, she was trying to sneak out when we caught her” he said looking at his colleagues who nodded in agreement. * * * To be continued
read next episode from the link below.. https://www.storytelling.com.ng/2019/07/hunting-wind-episode-8.html
Re: Hunting The Wind by Lifeixxgood: 10:38am On Jul 29, 2019
# Hunting_The_Wind
Episode 8
The security man held on to krisa and threatened
to involve the police if she didn’t show them
where she had kept her baby.
After several pleas by her parents, she began to
talk.
Krisa: “the baby, my baby…”
Security man: “yes, what did you do to the baby
or do you want us to involve the police?”
Krisa: “no , please don’t call the Police. I…I…”
Baba Krisa: “you what for God’s sake? Why are
you like this, Krisa?”
Nurse: “maybe she has killed the child and
thrown his body away” the mean nurse said.
Mama Krisa: “no, my daughter can never kill her
own child. If she didn’t abort the pregnancy, it is
not the baby that she would kill” she said.
Security: “madam, forget all these girls of
nowadays. We have lots of them who give birth
and end up killing the children afterwards. Some
of them will tell you that they tried to abort the
baby while they were pregnant but the baby
refused to die. Some even go to the pit toilet and
dump the babies there and abandon them to die
in the latrine. We have had several cases like that
here”
Mama Krisa: “my daughter can never do that. She
may be stubborn but certainly not a killer”
Baba Krisa approached his daughter and
threatened to hit her but the people around held
him.
Nurse: “don’t do that, sir. She just had a baby,
she is not strong enough yet” they advised.
Baba krisa: “I will kill her with my hands if she
doesn’t tell us where the baby is this minute. I
don’t know why this girl likes to bring negative
attention to me and my family”
Nurse: “and you Krisa, talk now, which kind
wahala be this?”
Krisa: “after the nurse that cleaned me and the
baby left the ward to inform my parents that they
could now see me, I took the baby and dropped
him inside a black nylon bag and then threw him
outside the window” she said nervously.
Baba Krisa: “my goodness! And yet again this girl
is breaking my heart, how you conceive such evils
in your heart is one thing that I cannot
comprehend”
Mama Krisa: “you threw away a child that you
carried in your womb for nine months and went
through labour pains to give birth to, kuku kill me
o, Krisa” she said and fell on the floor, wailing.
The security men got hold of Krisa and dashed to
the backyard of the ward where she had thrown
the baby from. Her father walked after them, the
sorrow in his heart slowing down his steps, her
mother also braced up and followed while the
nurses followed behind whispering about the evils
they had been witnessing in the hospital.
When they got to the place where she had flung
the baby, they saw the nylon and took him out,
he was looking very feeble and was crying.
They immediately rushed him to the intensive care
unit of the hospital but at midnight of that same
day, the baby died.
Krisa on realizing that the baby had died knew
that she would be branded as the killer and the
village culture demanded that any woman who
kills a child should herself be killed.
That was how she ran out of the hospital and
ran to Thick Madam’s house.
Linda who claimed to be a business woman lived
in the big city and she had just returned home to
see her aged parents that weekend. Krisa knew
that she was the only one who could help her
escape and so when she got to her house that
night, she explained everything to Linda who hid
her in her room till the next day when she
disguised her and smuggled her out of the village
in her car.
Linda had brought her to the city and had
introduced her to the world of men and today
Krisa, was threatening to bite the very fingers that
fed her.
Her iPhone’s ringtone jerked her from the long trip
that she had embarked on down memory lane.
Krisa: “Linda doesn’t know me o, she doesn’t
know the kind of things that I did in the village
before running away. If she thinks that she can
stop me because she helped me escape from the
village, then she is in for the shocker of her life”
she said aloud and picked the phone.
It was Abel, the man whom she had met in the
plane calling.
Krisa: “hello”
Abel: “hello, pretty engineer” he said into the
receiver, looking over his head to make sure that
his wife was not anywhere close to him.
Krisa: “Abel right?”
Abel: “yes, you are very correct. But how did you
know it is me, you refused to collect my number
in the plane that day or did your true caller app
reveal my identity?”
Krisa: “no, I got to know from your voice” she lied
because it was the true caller that had revealed
his identity.
Abel: “Wow! You know my voice, that is very
impressive. You must be very intelligent, what am
I even saying? All engineers are very intelligent”
he said.
Krisa: “you didn’t call to flatter me, did you?” she
said ignoring his kind words.
Abel: “no pretty one. I called to ask if you would
be free for us to have dinner tonight, what do you
think?”
Krisa: “I am very busy but I think I can spare few
minutes to hang out with you” she said, not
wanting to sound cheap.
Abel: “great then. So, how about we go to the blue
Cubanna by 7pm? Is that okay?” he asked.
“That’s fine” she said.
Abel: “so, where do I pick you from?” he asked
her.
Krisa: “don’t worry, I will drive myself there” she
said.
Abel: “fine, see you at 7pm then, muah” he said
and quickly ended the call just as his wife was
stepping into the room.
Mrs Abel: “who were you talking to on phone?”
she asked sitting beside him.
Abel: “oh, me, no I wasn’t talking on phone, I was
actually dialing a number but it didn’t connect”
he lied.
Mrs Abel: “really?”
Abel: “yes love, so tell me, is lunch ready?” he
said eager to change the topic.
Mrs Abel: “you know I am not gonna take that
right? I met you talking on phone and you are
telling me that you were not talking to anyone.
Who was it?”
Abel: “Okay, it was my mum” he lied.
Mrs Abel: “so, why deny it in the first place?”
Abel: “because I didn’t want you to feel bad
because I didn’t give you the phone to speak with
her”
Mrs Abel: “since when did I begin to feel bad
because of that? Anyway, lunch is served” she
said and left the room.
She knew that her husband was talking to a girl
and she knew just what to do to him and the girl
and the outing they had planned for 7pm.
To be continued
join my whatsapp group chat for more stories

https:///2347082664364?text=I%20want%20to%20join%20HOCENT%20TV%20%F0%9F%93%BA%20(From%20teddy).%20My%20name%20is
Re: Hunting The Wind by Lifeixxgood: 4:47pm On Jul 30, 2019
Hunting_The_Wind * Episode 9 * After lunch, Abel stayed up to work on his computer till 5pm after which he decided to take a nap so that he could wake up fresh for the date he had with Krisa for 7pm. He went to bed after setting his phone alarm to wake him up by 6:15pm. The alarm woke him up and he dashed into the bathroom to shower. The restaurant was just a few minutes drive from his house and so he knew that there was no cause for alarm. 6:35pm and he was out of the bathroom and getting dressed. His wife who was watching a series on Zee World came out to see her husband dressing up. Mrs Abel: “you going out?” she asked, noticing that her husband was filling a bit nervous like a teenager who was going on his first date. Abel: “yeah, I have this meeting with a group of foreign investors by 7pm, I should be back by 10 or even before then” he said, wearing his Armani gold studded wrist watch. Mrs Abel: “oh, okay. What about the France trip I told you about?” Abel: “of course you will go but we will discuss more about it when I come back okay?” Mrs Abel: “I made coffee for you” she said and handed him a cup of steaming hot coffee that she had brought into the room. Abel: “thank you, I really need this to keep me alert during the meeting, he said and gulped the coffee, not minding the fact that it was hot and burning his throat as it made its way into his stomach. Most times, his wife wondered if he had a cooling organ in his body that enabled him take such hot drinks and food without waiting for them to cool down. It was already 6: 50 and he was hurrying to go away when he felt a discomfort in his stomach. “Are you okay?” his wife asked when she saw him wincing. Abel: “yeah, I am fine. I guess I rushed that coffee and coupled with the fact that I the lunch we had was peperry. I think I need to use the toilet” he said and ran into the toilet. After few minutes, he came back feeling relieved but then he was feeling very weak. Shortly after, the sensational feelings in his stomach returned and he quickly grabbed his phone and sent Krisa a text message. “Sorry, I will be thirty minutes late. Can we reschedule to 7:30? Something urgent came up, I will tell you about it when we see” he sent the message to her and ran out to the toilet. His wife who was watching all that he was doing from a corner of her eyes picked up his phone as soon he entered the toilet. She was lucky because the phone was yet to lock up itself automatically. She read the message, shook her head and copied Krisa’s phone number into her own phone. “Who knows, I may need the number someday” she said to herself and switched his phone to silent mood. She had just dropped back the phone in the place where her husband kept it when he stepped out of the bathroom. Mrs Abel: “sweetheart, are you okay?” she asked, putting up a sweet smile. Abel: “yes, I just need to rest my head for few minutes” he said going to the bed and lying down. Mrs Abel: “but what about the meeting with the foreign investors? It is almost 7pm” Abel: “don’t worry about that, I can afford to be 30 minutes late. It is better I go late and rush out of the house and then rush back because of running stomach” he said. “Okay, love” she said, gave him a peck on the forehead and returned to the series she was watching, smiling to herself. ==== Krisa was applying her make up when her phone beeped. She looked at the screen and saw that it was a message from Abel. She read it and smiled. Krisa: “How did you know that I was planning to keep you waiting for me for thirty minutes?” she said to herself and smiled. “Okay” she typed and sent to him. At exactly 7:45, she stepped out of the house. She had estimated the drive from her house to the restaurant to be about 10 minutes after which she will remain in her car and relax for five minutes before going out to meet him by 8, after making him wait for her for 30 minutes. She got there and walked into the hall and checked around but there was no sign of him. Krisa: “where could he be” she asked as she felt eyes turning around to stare at her huge cleavage. Krisa: “oh, he must be at the VIP session. Somebody that flies first class will surely wine and dine at the VIP session” she said and cat walked to the VIP session, flaunting her bums and her cleavage which were moving up and down in sync with her steps. A quick glance at the VIP session and she needed no soothsayer to tell her that he was not there. She sat down and ordered for a cup of smoothie since she was feeling embarrassed by the way people were staring at her as if she couldn’t find her way. Krisa: “why is he not here yet? He said 7:30 and this is 8pm. Could it be that something is holding him up? And here was I thinking that I would make him wait for me for 30 minutes. Anyway, let me just wait for him and see” she said. Krisa checked her wrist watch and she saw that it was already getting to 8:30 pm, she sighed, her irritation knowing no bounds. Krisa: “what kind of a man keeps a woman waiting like this?” she asked rhetorically and dialed his number. The phone rang and went off without him picking up. She dialed it again and again and again and he did not pick up. When she was tired, she sent him a text. “Hey, I have been waiting at the Blue Cubanna for more than 30 minutes now. Where are you?” She sent him the text and waited for almost twenty minutes for his reply. When he didn’t reply, she called the waiter. “How much is my bill?” she asked dipping her hand into her bag. Waiter: “fifteen thousand naira ma” Krisa: “are you okay at all? Can’t you see that I had only one cup of smoothie?” Waiter: “yes, ma. That is why the bill is that small” he said. Krisa: “what! Yaay, fifteen thousand naira for only one small glass of smoothie, kilode” she screamed and then quickly composed herself when she saw that people were already staring at her” She brought out her ATM card since she didn’t have enough cash and paid with it. Waiter: “sorry ma, but this is the VIP session and charges are higher here” the innocent waiter explained. Krisa sighed, collected her card and left the place, cursing Abel in her heart. “He must pay for this, I swear that he must pay” she threatened. * * * To be continued
https://www.storytelling.com.ng/2019/07/hunting-wind-episode-10.html

(1) (Reply)

An Ice Cube Of Fire (an Expositonary Story) / Can I Get James Michener's Books In Lagos / Quality Assurance And Quality Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 258
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.