Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Drop Your Experience With Immigration At The Airport Here - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Drop Your Experience With Immigration At The Airport Here (850 Views)

My Passport Issue With Immigration Officer I Met Through Nairaland Please Ad / Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats / Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drop Your Experience With Immigration At The Airport Here by EphraimBoat: 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
My people no be beans o this Nigeria we dy stay.

Something happened today and one thing led to another and we began sharing our experiences at the hands of immigration at the airport.

My own was few years ago, while I was still at school. I was travelling to see my aunt, visa was processed for me from over, invitation things. Na so I carry my bag to airport MMIA. oh I forgot to mention it was my first time traveling so I had a virgin passport. As I got to the airport, before I could even get to the airline counter, I met an immigration lady who checked my visa, passport and flight tickets(I don't even know what concerns them with flight ticket).
She even asked me for the address of the place I was going to over there as if they know the place.

On seeing my passport, she asked me if was my first time travelling, I acknowledged in the positive. She then asked for my BTA, I said I'm not with cash on me but with card and it doesn't really matter anyway since I'm a young boy going to see my people. Na so they refuse o. I changed it for them that the visa is already granted and the question is irrelevant at this stage since it was an invitation and they must have used the invitee's account for the proof of fund or whatsoever. Omo na so they throway me comot counter come dy attend to the next person. I came back more determined, angry and embarrassed and demanded to be attended to, then the woman, this time said I should call my people. I called and they spoke with the woman, she said she won't allow me that I can't travel without cash. Thus went on and on till it was almost an hour then she hissed and let me through. Then I got to customs abi na immigration too, those ones went through my baggage and said I can't do this, that and those and they must wrap my bag for 5k. That was when I told the person with me to go and withdraw cash and give them. I allowed them wrap the bag and told them the person will give them the money when he comes, I made a fake call. The person never returned!

Then I went through immigration 2-3 more times and they all asked the same question, checking visa, flight,passport where I was going to and why I didn't have any BTA at all and all asking for something for the boys to allow me pass or else I will miss my flight. I spent an average of 30mins to 1hour at Every single stage. It was very embarrassing.

At the end of the day, I didn't drop a single note but I felt drained emotionally, physically and they succeeded in spoiling my mood.

Have you experienced any immigration wahala at the airport? Share your experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drop Your Experience With Immigration At The Airport Here by olowococoa: 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2019
I was forced to dash out $100 to one of the immigration officer to pass me in other to avoid their embarassemet in 2011 being my first time then, and since then,I prefer using Cotonou to catch flith where no one disturbs even as a foreigner.

If we don't kill corruption in Nigeria corruption will kill us,may God help us.

1 Like

Re: Drop Your Experience With Immigration At The Airport Here by queengift(f): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2019
olowococoa:
I was forced to dash out $100 to one of the immigration officer to pass me in other to avoid their embarassemet in 2011 being my first time then, and since then,I prefer using Cotonou to catch flith where no one disturbs even as a foreigner.

If we don't kill corruption in Nigeria corruption will kill us,may God help us.

can one travel from cotonu?
Re: Drop Your Experience With Immigration At The Airport Here by olowococoa: 4:26pm On Jul 23, 2019
Yes, once you have your papers intact and you book your airline ticket via Cotonou they don't disturb or demand for anything for boys in Cotonou
Re: Drop Your Experience With Immigration At The Airport Here by EphraimBoat: 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2019
olowococoa:
Yes, once you have your papers intact and you book your airline ticket via Cotonou they don't disturb or demand for anything for boys in Cotonou

Hmmm this one is strong, I heard of people going all the way to Ghana to fly out! But Cotonou, this one don dy strong
Re: Drop Your Experience With Immigration At The Airport Here by Kalapizim(m): 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2019
Terrible! it got so bad i marched straight to her desk and blasted her with enough words as soon as i came back from the trip.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Someone In London We Can Work Together On Importation From UK To Lagos / Euphoria As Dangote Makes History, Completes Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road / Canada FSW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.