Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,780 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More (21799 Views)

Man Wanted To Pay For His Transport Fare With Bank Transfer / [photos] I've No Money To Renew My Visa: Nigerian Man Tells Cambodia Immigration / USA Visa Applicants To Submit 5 Years Of Social Media Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by Pamatips: 6:41am On Jul 23, 2019
Nigerians among other investors in the United States of America, USA, economy, are expected to pay more in fees for the USA’s EB-5 immigrant investors’ visa program in the coming months as the new minimum amount is likely to increase by 170 percent to $1.35 million from $500,000.

The United State Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) disclosed this in a press statement announcing a seminar for investors on the USA EB-5 immigrant investors’ visa program. According to USCIS, “The program allows an investor and all their immediate family to become permanent residence (Green Card) and after six years they get their capital back only if they engage the right Regional Center and attorney.

” USCIS noted that as at December 2018, 113 Nigerians had signed up for the program. Five of them invested in $1million non-Target Employment Area, TEA, while 108 invested $500,000 in TEA. The statement says: “Yes, the alert hike in program fees is real and likely to go up by 170 percent. “For long time coming, the USCIS through United States Congress have been proposing the idea of increasing the 1990 investment fee. Just last June 29th 2019 US Office of Management and Budget (OMB) completed its review of the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program Modernization.

It is expected that the new minimum investment amount will likely go up to $1.35 million from current $500,000 and increase as much for $1.8 million from current $1 million. It is believed once the final rule is published in the Federal Register the usual time for a legislative change to take effect is 30-60 days. EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program was created by US Congress in 1990 by the Immigration Act to provide a method for eligible Immigrant Investors to become lawful permanent residents with their spouse and children below the age of twenty-one (21).

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/07/usa-visa-nigerian-investors-others-to-pay-more/
Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:10am On Jul 23, 2019
Good morning my subjects! Guess who is FTC wink cheesy

Just so you know, i have not read the OP's write up but if you have a way to leave Nigeria, my brother, RUN!

16 Likes

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:10am On Jul 23, 2019
This is one of the several ways to become a citizen over there.
1.8 Million Dollars?!
That is a lot of dough!
One day we will get there.

Till then...
God bless our darling nation NIGERIA.
We believe in her!

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by joceey(m): 7:10am On Jul 23, 2019
Really
Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by Jeremy1998: 7:10am On Jul 23, 2019
Good
Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by phemoluv02(m): 7:11am On Jul 23, 2019
Hmmm
Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 23, 2019
K
Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by eluquenson(m): 7:12am On Jul 23, 2019
God bless America

7 Likes

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by SouthSouth1914: 7:12am On Jul 23, 2019
Nigerians are milked daily because of bad government, bad policies and bad representation at home and abroad!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by grandstar(m): 7:12am On Jul 23, 2019
Canada has a similar program.
Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by ForeThinker: 7:12am On Jul 23, 2019
Investors
Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by hisgrace090: 7:12am On Jul 23, 2019
The US tightening their boundaries the more because they know that the present Nigerian situation will push many to running out of the country.

14 Likes

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by Homeboiy: 7:12am On Jul 23, 2019
Its a welcome development

Read the second paragraphs
Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by Neddstark: 7:13am On Jul 23, 2019
Trump my man, Making America Great Again. While we keep allowing herdsmen from Mali, Niger and Chad to roam in our country and there are killing our citizens while the politicians make politics out of it.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by smithes: 7:13am On Jul 23, 2019
Ok
Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by Creampro: 7:13am On Jul 23, 2019
Hope Nigeria immigration can emulate same for foreign investors.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 23, 2019
very very good
Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by ictjobber: 7:14am On Jul 23, 2019
People still travel to USA ��?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by easyfem(m): 7:15am On Jul 23, 2019
I just pray for everyone to come home and fight for restructure or we should divide diz country called Nigeria ... So that all diz country can give us some damn respect .... How could USA utter this statement out after urge investment ? ...............

I pray all formal Nigeria leader die bfor 2mao

4 Likes

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by riczy(m): 7:16am On Jul 23, 2019
Its nt their fault, if Nizooria Wer working hu wud leave,trus me Nigerian's are their major market. Doubt me and argue with ur ancestors!

1 Like

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by nuelyoyo(m): 7:18am On Jul 23, 2019
datingman:
very very good
Homeboiy:
Its a welcome development

I can bet my balls, these two didn't read the article sad , if not they wouldn't have given the response they gave. undecided

6 Likes

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by Kreamie(m): 7:19am On Jul 23, 2019
Maybe now, we will pay more attention to our country undecided
Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by mmsen: 7:19am On Jul 23, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Nigerians are milked daily because of bad government, bad policies and bad representation at home and abroad!
This affects all foreigners looking to take advantage of this visa program.

And Nigerians are milked because they are collectively spineless.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by solsticey2k3(m): 7:20am On Jul 23, 2019
Almost N1b for citizenship shocked. See better business money grin . With dat kind of money, you could set up a very good business here in Naija cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 23, 2019
nuelyoyo:

I can bet my balls, these two didn't read the article sad , if not they wouldn't have given the response they gave. undecided

who cares stop crying kid
Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by kponkedenge(m): 7:23am On Jul 23, 2019
Is still $150,000 for Swiss citizenship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by YoungBruzzy(m): 7:24am On Jul 23, 2019
Nigeria Is Not Good In terms of security, economy, job opportunity and all but going over there is not one of the best option too..
1. Being a victim of racist day in day out
2. Your life security is not even guaranteed
3. Though there is employment opportunity but only menial jobs which pays little amount of money and gulp it back through ur expenses.

Naija what have you done to your citizens
Maka why

2 Likes

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by YoungBruzzy(m): 7:26am On Jul 23, 2019
solsticey2k3:
Almost N1b for citizenship shocked. See better business money grin . With dat kind of money, you could set up a very good business here in Naija cool

Brah, The money is around 500M ooo not around #1billion.cheesy

8 Likes

Re: USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More by Dpharisee: 7:29am On Jul 23, 2019
post=80540585:
This is one of the several ways to become a citizen over there.
1.8 Million Dollars?!
That is a lot of dough!
One day we will get there.

Till then...
God bless our darling nation NIGERIA.
We believe in her!

You keep roaming around Nairaland from morning to night to midnight to early morning. Abeg go brush your teeth.

See what they did to you and your brother last time for Barbecuing rotten meat

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stranded Nigerians In Mali Transported In A NAF Aircraft Back Home (Photos) / Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed / Flood Sweeps Four-year-old Boy Away In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.