Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,845 members, 7,851,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:41 AM

Do Advertisements Really Drive Sales - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do Advertisements Really Drive Sales (926 Views)

Why Brt / Lagbus Ad Is Cheaper Than Paper, Tv & Radio Advertisements (must Read) / Nigerians Are Lossing Billions In Advertisements / Starting Billboard Advertisements Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Advertisements Really Drive Sales by epicurean(m): 9:09am On May 12, 2007
that new MTN advert is about the best T.V commercial in town. the animation was very cool and the fact that they say each new line comes with a purse is absolutely splendid for a guy like me, who does not have one presently. but then the question is, is true that adverts increase the sale of products/services, because despite all the wonderful mtn ad's i have never bought their line. but as an aside who handles their ads. i really love to know them. if anyone knows please notify me. think some ideas are spinning in my head for them right now.
Re: Do Advertisements Really Drive Sales by gbolio4(m): 4:35am On Jun 11, 2007
epicurean:

the fact that they say each new line comes with a purse is absolutely splendid for a guy like me, who does not have one presently.

smiley smiley The Bros no get purse smiley

Purse plenty for Oshodi bus top
Re: Do Advertisements Really Drive Sales by ijogbon(m): 11:12am On Jun 11, 2007
@epicurean
(nice ID by the way)

Advertising is firmly routed in the Marketing communication aspect of Marketing or Business management.
You advertise to COMMUNICATE with your audience and in that regards I would say the MTN advert has done perfectly well. It caught your attention and you promoted it on Nairaland and now I also know about it, even though I have never seen it! Brilliant.

That is all advertising is really. Making an impression and generating awareness. Now that is marketing. Once this awareness is generated the next task is that of Sales. Turning prospects to leads and leads to customers that is the task of the sales professional. Every organisation has their way of doing this (MTN's purse / Sales promotion).

There are other more accountable marketing communications techniques if you want to see exactly how much 'drive' your marcomms is giving to your sales figures.

But the general theory is that the more Share of voice a company desires the larger the share of wallet it has to fork out. This means - companies with the greater percentage of adspend enjoy more awareness from customers. In direct proportion.

So advertising is NOT about sales but about AWARENESS.
Re: Do Advertisements Really Drive Sales by denex: 11:23am On Jun 11, 2007
"Doing business without advertising is like winking at a beautiful woman in the dark"

-an old proverb

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Any Business Opportunities In Ghana? / Online Advertising To Hit Over $35 Billion / Be Careful How You List Names On Your Cell Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.