Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:37 AM

Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? (20067 Views)

How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly / Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs. / Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by linkinbaby: 9:18am On May 12, 2007
Access Is The Highest Paying Bank In Naija: So Far ? Is It True?

Access Bank has just reviewed its salary package which makes it the highest paying so far.

An E.T gets 2.6 million a year. Of course you have to ave a 2.1 and go to a federal university to get a job here!

Is this true?

Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by duttybarb(f): 10:26am On May 12, 2007
its true o!!!!!!!!!! ;d
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by fromuk(m): 12:24pm On May 12, 2007
i do not know about the salary structure but the 2.1 stuff i think is not true cos i have a friend that works dia, he did not get 2.1.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by stanchi(m): 1:24pm On May 12, 2007
sure
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by lloyds(m): 2:41pm On May 12, 2007
Bro.
d 2.6m is only on paper, dont be deceived, you may not go home with more than 90k per month.
i'v got a friend that just left access bank for Adic Insurance ltd, coz access wrote 1.9m on his pay slip, bt he goes home wit abt 60k per month wit immence stress at work.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by linkinbaby: 2:56pm On May 12, 2007
thats inaccurate. my dad woks there. take home is 83,500 with lunch 0f 10k which comes to 93k plus for E.Ts. this new structure will get the pay to at 120 or 130k a month for both unconfirmed and confirmed. and i ve confirmed this is true gist.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by profade1(m): 5:38pm On May 12, 2007
Well, a friend told me that the new pay structure is yet to be implemented and a hefty percentage is tied to performance of which one can never get a 100%.

and the stress level is terrible.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by ennydee1: 2:05pm On May 13, 2007
Yeah, i think Access bank is the highest paying bank now. I also learnt that ETB slashed sdown their salary package, although i don't know how true it is. It is streesful to work in Any bank in Nigeria including Access and i also learnt that they are recruiting!
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by seun001(m): 10:44am On May 14, 2007
well,think according to rumours its access that takes the lead.yes its also true etb slashed their pay.but oceanic is in the 2m bracket.unity bank just revised theirs also into the 2m bracket.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by Kashif(m): 10:50am On May 14, 2007
@linkinbaby,

Your dad works with Access as ET shocked
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by Aproko(f): 11:17am On May 14, 2007
@ topic,

what concerns me is the take home. there's no point putting 2.6m on paper and giving me 85k. at ecobank, the gross is lower than some other banks yet the take home is higher. i'd rather my gross is 1.3 and i take home 100k than for it to be 2.6 and take home 100k.

and that access bank is as stressful as hell.know someone who resigned to take up a lower paying job cos the stress was too much.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by senetee(m): 11:55am On May 14, 2007
Hey,
      Hear the amount is really high on paper and much of the package is tied to performance but i wonder why people complain of plenty stress @ access. They must be shortstaffed and overstretched cause i also know someone who left access for a lower paying bank for those reasons.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by cgift(m): 1:17pm On May 14, 2007
Kashif:

@linkinbaby,

Your dad works with Access as ET shocked

Are u jealous?
enny dee:

Yeah, i think Access bank is the highest paying bank now. I also learnt that ETB slashed sdown their salary package, although i don't know how true it is. It is streesful to work in Any bank in Nigeria including Access and i also learnt that they are recruiting!
So why did this Adnuga man increase it in the first place? The guy is just KM (Faze)

A tim will come when ETs will b getting N5m p.a.!
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by bruce(m): 4:42pm On May 14, 2007
It is better pay and packages are tied to performance than just being there on paper. If you have the stamina to put in extra effort to earn it good and fine. When earned it should be paid. And not when it is written on paper without implementation, that will be devastating.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by Najm(m): 3:12pm On May 15, 2007
If thts true man then its really cool i hope taxation wont chop off evrytin sha.I heard from som1 that AccessBank conducts tests evry friday after submission of CV.How true is this?somebody pls reply ASAP.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by dumi(f): 3:18pm On May 15, 2007
Najm abeg i dey ur side
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by Everbright(f): 9:24am On May 16, 2007
I don't know of conducting test every friday,
but I know one thing,
access know the people that will pass their test even before the test is conducted,
even the people that will pass know themselves even before they submit their cvs
they also conduct their interview on that day after the test
and I also know that the people that will pass dress on suit so as to fit in for the interview
don't ask me how
I have been there before undecided
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by seun001(m): 9:55am On May 16, 2007
@ EVERBRIGHT,

ARE YOU SAYING ACCESS PRACTISES FAVOOURITISM.IF ITS TRUE THEN ITS A SHAME TO THEM.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by Sinex(m): 10:16am On May 17, 2007
Hi everybody,
I have really gone through this trend and i can say that most of the things are not adequately right, I work with Access Bank, so, I can say much. Any how anyhow, if you looking for employment in Access as HND Holder, you have to pass through ICSL while as B.Sc holder, you will need to submit your CV at the Head Office, who knows, you might be lucky among those that will pass the test. Do not always judge the color of a book with its cover.
Best of luck.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by afolayangs(m): 11:29am On May 17, 2007
it can be true but you work like monkeyyyyyyyy- saturdays and sundays ma friend have to resign and go to KPMG.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by afolayangs(m): 11:32am On May 17, 2007
It can be true but you 'll work like monkey saturdays and sundays may be working days. Ma friend resign there to pick up KPMG
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by seun001(m): 11:53am On May 17, 2007
@ SINEX

WELL CCESS BANK,U REFUSED TO EITHER CONFIRM OR REFUTE THE ALLEGATIONS ABT UR WORKPLACE YET U SAY WE ARE WRONG.

PLS CLARIFY,
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by Sinex(m): 12:16pm On May 17, 2007
Well, It's not that I'm defending them or us but for you to enjoy yourself at a job, you have to force yourself to like what you are doing, I'm HND Graduate (Distinction) in Elect/Elect, a Microsoft Certified Professional(MCP), MCSD in VIew, an Internet Marketer, a Blogger, Domainer, Info and Net Preneur, but I still work as a Transaction Officer TO with them, just like what Donald Trump said in their new book "Why We Want You To Be Rich" he said You have to Love what you do, and when you start disliking it, it's good you opt out, I'm planning my retirement not even looking for another job, so, you know what i mean, the grass always look greener at the other sides of the fence, if you work at Shell, you will still complain, so move on up.
You may want to listen to audio version of the book i refered, you can check it out in one of my blogs www.uhavenoxcuse..com
Take care.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by bruce(m): 4:06pm On May 17, 2007
I was at the office of ICSL in PH today with a friend who invited me. On getting there I was told that they don't conduct test or recruit B.Sc. holders for Access Bank, only HND holders. So I was turned down because I have B.SC Business Admin - 2.1. But the lady asked me to go and submit my CV at Access bank's regional office. Meanwhile, my friend was allowed and test conducted for him because he has HND. Already, I have submitted my CV at Access bank.

According to what my friend told me, before the test you will have to fill in your particulars in their databook in which a column was created for you to fill in the name and phone no. or address of the person who referred you to that place. He actually gave me the name of another friend of his who now works in GTB through the same ICSL as my own referee. What this implies is that you have to know someone to sail through ICSL. But I can not prove it.

In all this, I still believe that with God all things are possible, just do your best and sometimes your performance will speak for you. Therefore, If you stay in PH and you are interested. Do either of the following:

B.Sc Holder, 2.1:
Go to Access Bank in Olu-Obasanjo Road, Before SKYe bank and submit your CV there for they are accepting Cvs now. Go up stairs and ask of Ifeanyi. If you have less than 2.1, also give it a trial but am not too sure.

If you are an HND Holder:
I dont know of grades. Go to ICS Limited, No. 9 Ohaeto Street, D/line, Behind the ECO Bank along Aba Road, Before Garrison Bus-stop, PH. First floor by the right. Go with you original credentials, birth cert or age decleration, writing materials and a passport photograph. I don't know of other days but certain of Thursdays. They will immediately conduct a test for you if you are certified, whether you are the only one or not. If you are asked who referred you, tell them you went to Access Bank and Ifeanyi directed you there.

Give it a trial: with God all things are possible.

Goodluck and One love!
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by afodam(m): 6:21pm On May 17, 2007
It is true that Access bank is the highest paying bank with N2.6m and another fact is that Access bank know recruit state universities with 2.1 and unconfirmed report has it that you must not be more than 25 years. There is no organisation without its disadvantage(stress has most inmate complain) that is why you have choices but has the case is here we dont have a choice,therefore if you know you meet the criteria why dont you walk to Access bank H/O at Oyin jolayemi V.I to submit your resume, the test is based on merit i can assure you.Good luck.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by duttybarb(f): 8:16pm On May 17, 2007
The bank is going to pay that or they wouldnt tell us they would. i didnt know a single person and i did my test AND im in the bank. believe in ur self. u made a 2.1 abi?? so y should passsing and excelling in a basic bank test be ur problem. also u want the big pay, so wok hard is the price to pay. its not 4 all. but if u want it wok hard. we get paid soon, ill let ya ll know the amount but it cant b less than 120k take home but probably more. smiley
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by TSingerr(m): 8:30pm On May 17, 2007
Its a lie. well actually maybe when you compare the take home pay of access with that of other banks its the highest but i know that entry level has been increased to 117k 4 sure. my sis is a staff member grin
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by uchchu: 8:16pm On May 18, 2007
my banks dont pay what they claim to. my friend that works with zenith bank told me she collects less than 50k monthly after the upfront(bulk money) the pay them in the 1st quarter of the yr. sh3e said the bank slashed about 4k this yr witout notifying the staff.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by uchchu: 8:17pm On May 18, 2007
many banks don't pay what they claim to. my friend that works with zenith bank told me she collects less than 50k monthly after the upfront(bulk money) they paid them in the 1st quarter of the yr. she said the bank slashed about 4k this yr witout notifying the staff.
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by mukelosho(f): 11:51am On May 21, 2007
where else can a graduate of banking and finance work, except the banking industry
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by Vernor(m): 9:19am On May 25, 2007
@ everbright u are wrong pls watch wot u hear always confirm from pple who have tried but not sentimental. I did d test twice i passed d test went for my interview @ apapa some did dias @ head office . The last interview is wit d MD in which u will go home late and u must be in Suit and all u need is boldness if u make hemmm u are out and d likely qtn is hw old are u what do u no abt access bank and where do ur parent live and their occupation d man looks @ ur english and composure just be bols as 4 2.1 its true. I did not make it but i will b launching back.any more info contact onebigfamily2002@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? by TAEMI(f): 7:11pm On May 26, 2007
i'VE BEEN FOLLOWING THE DISCUSSION WITH INTEREST
I'M IN THE LAST STAGE OF THE ACCESS BANK RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
MY ANSWER TO ALL THOSE DT COMPLAIN OF STRESS @ THE WORK PLACE IS " IF YOU CANT STAND THE HEAT, GET OUTTA THE KITCHEN!!!!!!!!!!!" I MEAN I'M PRESENTLY WORKING WIT INDIANS WHERE I EARN LESS THAN 40K PLUS LOTS OF STRESS.
I KNOW STRESS PASS STRESS BUT WHAT IS NOT STRESSFULL. COME TO THINK OF IT, LAZINESS N STEALLING ALSO REQUIRE HARD WORK.
MY PALNS ARE TO WORK IN PAID EMPOLYMENT WHILE I PLAN MY PRIVATE BUSINESS WHICH I'LL RETIRE TO.
IN ALL THINGS GUYS, LETS DO OUR BEST, GIVE IT OUR BEST SHOT.
WHO KNOWS, WE MIGHT GET D MOON, EVEN IF WE DONT GET G MOON.

Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria / Nigerian Lady Calls Out Event Decorator Who Allegedly Steals Photos Online / My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff