Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him (2153 Views)

2023 :election Prophecy : Tinubu Will Win Against The "Will Of God "Because / 1 John Kjv (whoever does not love does not know GOD, because GOD is love) / Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 24, 2019
Whenever you hear those of the world as the atheists say they do not believe God exists or in His Spirit because they do not see Him, do not be surprised for Jesus saw that coming, hence this saying of His to those who believe:

John 14:16-17 (KJV)

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

So it is only a fulfilment of the sayings of Jesus, for the Spirit of God is not meant for those of the world, but only for those of the Kingdom of God.

God bless.
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
So do not be surprised when the atheists ask you for a selfie of the Holy Spirit otherwise they would not believe He exists.
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 26, 2019
The Spirit of God was not meant for those of the world but those of God.
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by Joagbaje(m): 6:58am On Jul 26, 2019
jesusjnr:

That's true, we may not necessarily try to prove God to sinners. They will make folly out of it.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by MuttleyLaff: 7:06am On Jul 26, 2019
Joagbaje:
That's true, we may not necessarily try to prove God to sinners. They will make fully out of it.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned
"Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people.
I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in Christ.
"
- 1 Corinthians 3:1

The spirit of God is meant for every human being, only that for some, they cant have the spirit of God because they belong to the world or for others, they are infants in Christ, so the spirit of God, becomes like an oversized throw cover for them to put on (i.e. bigger than their normal size)
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by LordReed(m): 9:21am On Jul 26, 2019
Ask any believer to demonstrate spirit as independent of their body and they can't, instead they will indulge in all manner of mental gymnastics to say why they can't. If your holy spirit is real and affects anything in this world why do you need faith for it and why can't it be reasonably demonstrated?
Joagbaje:

That's true, we may not necessarily try to prove God to sinners. They will make fully out of it.

jesusjnr:
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by Joagbaje(m): 10:22am On Jul 26, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people.
I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in Christ.
"

The spirit of God is meant for every human being, only that for some, they cant have the spirit of God because they belong to the world or for others, they are infants in Christ, so the spirit of God, becomes like an oversized throw cover for them to put on (i.e. bigger than their normal size)

Receiving the holy ghost is faith work. It doesn't require spiritual maturity. One can receive the spirit as baby Christian's even at salvation

1 Like

Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by Joagbaje(m): 10:24am On Jul 26, 2019
LordReed:
Ask any believer to demonstrate spirit as independent of their body and they can't, instead they will indulge in all manner of mental gymnastics to say why they can't. If your holy spirit is real and affects anything in this world why do you need faith for it and why can't it be reasonably demonstrated?

If you want to see the demonstration of the spirit just simply go to a spirit filled church . You will see the manifestations of Gods spirit in prophecies and miracle healings.

But you can demand a proof from a believer. God doesn't respond mostly to such . He respond to those who seek God.

Mat 12:38 — Mat 12:39
Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it but . . ..

1 Like

Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by LordReed(m): 10:38am On Jul 26, 2019
Joagbaje:

If you want to see the demonstration of the spirit just simply go to a spirit filled church . You will see the manifestations of Gods spirit in prophecies and miracle healings.

But you can demand a proof from a believer. God doesn't respond mostly to such . He respond to those who seek God.

Matthew 16:4
A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it. .

Been there, done that, still nothing. So the only thing the holy spirit does is speak through men and do miracles which can be done without the holy spirit? How then does one know this is the holy spirit from god? Do all the prophecies come true? Can these miracles be reproduced without the so called holy spirit? The answers to these question already provide enough reasonable doubt as to the authenticity of these so called acts of the holy spirit.

"He respond to those who seek God" is such a farcical statement. How do you know something exists if you can neither demonstrate it or obtain evidence for it? This is the type of attitude 419ers want their victims to have and doesn't dispel any doubt.
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by MuttleyLaff: 11:13am On Jul 26, 2019
Joagbaje:
Recovering the holy ghost is faith work. It doesn't require spiritual maturity. One can receive the spirit as baby Christian's even at salvation
The gift of the Joly Spirit is available for anyone or all. If you arent filled to fit in it. It is either you're immature, as in it is oversized for you, but if you want argue, do it with Apostle Paul, not with me.
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by Joagbaje(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
The gift of the Joly Spirit is available for anyone or all. If you arent filled to fit in it. It is either you're immature, as in it is oversized for you, but if you want argue, do it with Apostle Paul, not with me.

No need to get personal, just present your case biblically. There is difference between The Holyghost as a gift and The Gifts of the Holyghost . The Latter are manifestations of the formal.

But neither can be recieved by all men. Only believers can receive the in filling of the Holyghost and only those who have received the infilling of the Holyghost can receive manifestations of Gifts of the spirits.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by Joagbaje(m): 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
LordReed:

Been there, done that, still nothing.

Nothing in what sense

So the only thing the holy spirit does is speak through men

Nice, Holy spirit speaking through men is called prophecy. And that's a prove only God can do such. Especially when a through seeker of God experience it. He will fall down to worship God because the secrets of his heart are revealed. But a mocker will make light of it.

1 Corinthians 14:25
. . .The secrets of his heart are laid bare; and so, falling on [his] face, he will worship God, declaring that God is among you in very truth.

Can these miracles be reproduced without the so called holy spirit? The answers to these question already provide enough reasonable doubt as to the authenticity of these so called acts of the holy spirit.

Kindly give example of What kind of miracle can be done without the Holyghost

1 Like

Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by Joagbaje(m): 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2019
LordReed:

"He respond to those who seek God" is such a farcical statement. How do you know something exists if you can neither demonstrate it or obtain evidence for it? This is the type of attitude 419ers want their victims to have and doesn't dispel any doubt.

The point is God will not be running after a hater to prove to him that he is God. He is not under such obligation .

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

But if a man is in search for truth objectively God will help.

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

2Co 4:3 — 2Co 4:4
. . . But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by LordReed(m): 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
Joagbaje:

The point is God will not be running after a hater to prove to him that he is God. He is not under such obligation .

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

But if a man is in search for truth objectively God will help.

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

2Co 4:3 — 2Co 4:4
. . . But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Why is an omnipresent god running to do anything?
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by LordReed(m): 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
Joagbaje:

Nothing in what sense

I have experienced the things you call prophecy and miracles and I remain unconvinced for the reasons I already gave.

Nice, Holy spirit speaking through men is called prophecy. And that's a prove only God can do such. Especially when a through seeker of God experience it. He will fall down to worship God because the secrets of his heart are revealed. But a mocker will make light of it.

All sorts of people claim to give prophecy so your god has done nothing special. I have given this challenge before, telling me my birth date since your god can reveal things that are secret.

Kindly give example of What kind of miracle can be done without the Holyghost

Cancer remission.
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by petra1(m): 3:50pm On Jul 26, 2019
LordReed:

I have experienced the things you call prophecy and miracles and I remain unconvinced for the reasons I already gave.

If you want to see conformed prophecies Why not simply go on YouTube and watch. I can also search some out for you

All sorts of people claim to give prophecy so your god has done nothing special. I have given this challenge before, telling me my birth date since your god can reveal things that are secret

He doesn’t respond to such . You are the one to go to God . He had sent invitation to you already

Cancer remission.

That’s not a miracle .

Finding food to eat when a man is hungry is not a miracle . Getting full without eating , thats a miracle

1 Like

Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by petra1(m): 3:52pm On Jul 26, 2019
LordReed:

Why is an omnipresent god running to do anything?

He doesn’t
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by LordReed(m): 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
petra1:

He doesn’t

So the omnipresent god wants me to find it when it could more easily find me?
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by LordReed(m): 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2019
petra1:

If you want to see conformed prophecies Why not simply go on YouTube and watch. I can also search some out for you

Do that.

He doesn’t respond to such . You are the one to go to God . He had sent invitation to you already

I didn't receive it.

That’s not a miracle .

Finding food to eat when a man is hungry is not a miracle . Getting full without eating , thats a miracle

LoL! So the holy spirit has filled a hungry man without him eating?

Go look at the statistics for cancer remission without treatment and come back to tell me its not a miracle when it does happen.
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by petra1(m): 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2019
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by LordReed(m): 5:44pm On Jul 26, 2019
petra1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yipzPR-WrQ4

Ok, now how can we confirm that the video was actually shot in 1997 because the video was posted in 2013.

Meanwhile can we also note that he predicted that Hillary will be the US president.
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by petra1(m): 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2019
LordReed:

Ok, now how can we confirm that the video was actually shot in 1997 because the video was posted in 2013.

Meanwhile can we also note that he predicted that Hillary will be the US president.

That is not debatable at. Ask anyone . Besides I watched the Programmes live . Secondly the church building how it looked in 2007 was different those days . It was still the old building before the new building was done . You can verify from others
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by petra1(m): 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by LordReed(m): 8:08pm On Jul 26, 2019
petra1:

That is not debatable at. Ask anyone . Besides I watched the Programmes live . Secondly the church building how it looked in 2007 was different those days . It was still the old building before the new building was done . You can verify from others

2007?
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 27, 2019
LordReed:
Herein lies the answer to your question:

John 14:17 (KJV)

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world(Lordreed) cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by MuttleyLaff: 8:18am On Jul 27, 2019
"16And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;
17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seethHim not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
"
- John 14:16-17

MuttleyLaff:
"

MuttleyLaff:

Joagbaje:
No need to get personal, just present your case biblically.
No one is getting personal with you, that's your imagination playing up tricks with you. It seems there something in what I presented, biblically above and typed about in the two quotes above, that you disagree with or dont accept, hmm?
1/ Are disagreeing with me that everyone receives the same gift of the Holy Spirit in the same measure and for the same purpose, hmm?
2/ Are you disagreeing, that it is possible to have the gift of the Holy Spirit, as in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit yet not be infilled with the Holy Spirit. I mean, not filled with the Holy Spirit, in the sense that because, the Holy Spirit, will only fill into what we surrender to Him or what we yield over to Him to fill into. Sometimes, the Holy Spirit is like an oversize cover throw, it essentially, can be bigger than our actual size, and so means, we need to buff up, as in, need to become more mature, to become stronger and more muscular, in order for the Holy Spirit to close-fittingly size us

It is exactly, what Paul, with 1 Corinthians 3:1 above is saying, some things he cant discuss with them because they are spiritual immature, spiritually weak and so need some growing up spritually to do.

Joagbaje:
There is difference between The Holyghost as a gift and The Gifts of the Holyghost. The Latter are manifestations of the formal.
"4There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all. 5There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord.
6God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.
7A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.
8To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise adviceb; to another the same Spirit gives a message of special knowledge.
9The same Spirit gives great faith to another, and to someone else the one Spirit gives the gift of healing.
10He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to discern whether a message is from the Spirit of God or from another spirit. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the ability to interpret what is being said.
11It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have.
"
- 1 Corinthians 12:4-11

The gift of the Holy Spirit is received first before the gifts of the Holy Spirit is added.

Joagbaje:
But neither can be recieved by all men. Only believers can receive the in filling of the Holyghost and only those who have received the infilling of the Holyghost can receive manifestations of Gifts of the spirits.
The body is worldly conscious and relates to the environment. The soul is self conscious and relates to self & others and the spirit is God conscious and relates to God. If one is worldly conscious and relates to the environment, relates to self & others to the exclusion of God, and is not God conscious nor relates to God, then such automatically cannot receive the Holy Spirit and not even the gifts of the Holy Spirit or the manifestation of the Holy Spirit

Spiritual gifts, rightly speaking, truly and really are manifestation of the Holy Spirit. As 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 above confirms, they are differing and according to the grace that is individually given to us. As I've previously said, the gift of the Holy Spirit is received first before the gifts of the Holy Spirit or spiritual gifts follows.
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by LordReed(m): 6:55pm On Jul 27, 2019
jesusjnr:
Herein lies the answer to your question:

John 14:17 (KJV)

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world(Lordreed) cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

SMH
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by Joagbaje(m): 11:36pm On Jul 27, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"16And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;
17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seethHim not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
"
- John 14:16-17

No one is getting personal with you, that's your imagination playing up tricks with you. It seems there something in what I presented, biblically above and typed about in the two quotes above, that you disagree with or dont accept, hmm?
1/ Are disagreeing with me that everyone receives the same gift of the Holy Spirit in the same measure and for the same purpose, hmm?
2/ Are you disagreeing, that it is possible to have the gift of the Holy Spirit, as in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit yet not be infilled with the Holy Spirit. I mean, not filled with the Holy Spirit, in the sense that because, the Holy Spirit, will only fill into what we surrender to Him or what we yield over to Him to fill into. Sometimes, the Holy Spirit is like an oversize cover throw, it essentially, can be bigger than our actual size, and so means, we need to buff up, as in, need to become more mature, to become stronger and more muscular, in order for the Holy Spirit to close-fittingly size us

It is exactly, what Paul, with 1 Corinthians 3:1 above is saying, some things he cant discuss with them because they are spiritual immature, spiritually weak and so need some growing up spritually to do.

"4There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all. 5There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord.
6God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.
7A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.
8To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise adviceb; to another the same Spirit gives a message of special knowledge.
9The same Spirit gives great faith to another, and to someone else the one Spirit gives the gift of healing.
10He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to discern whether a message is from the Spirit of God or from another spirit. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the ability to interpret what is being said.
11It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have.
"
- 1 Corinthians 12:4-11

The gift of the Holy Spirit is received first before the gifts of the Holy Spirit is added.

The body is worldly conscious and relates to the environment. The soul is self conscious and relates to self & others and the spirit is God conscious and relates to God. If one is worldly conscious and relates to the environment, relates to self & others to the exclusion of God, and is not God conscious nor relates to God, then such automatically cannot receive the Holy Spirit and not even the gifts of the Holy Spirit or the manifestation of the Holy Spirit

Spiritual gifts, rightly speaking, truly and really are manifestation of the Holy Spirit. As 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 above confirms, they are differing and according to the grace that is individually given to us. As I've previously said, the gift of the Holy Spirit is received first before the gifts of the Holy Spirit or spiritual gifts follows.

Nice piece . More like it. Just stay on topic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by MuttleyLaff: 11:46pm On Jul 27, 2019
Joagbaje:
Nice piece. More like it. Just stay on topic
Why are you always combative, erhn?
What does "Just stay on topic" ever mean? When and/or where did I stray off topic? If you dont incorrectly accuse someone of getting personal, it'll next be to just stay on topic. There is a problem where you're averse to sharing the spotlight with any another fellow human being, as in anyone beside you.
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 28, 2019
Joagbaje:

That's true, we may not necessarily try to prove God to sinners. They will make folly out of it.

True.

Because even the proof of the existence of the Spirit was only meant for those sinners who would repent, not those who would continue in sin irrespective of that proof.

God bless.
Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by sonmvayina(m): 7:10am On Jul 28, 2019
We are the Holy spirit having a human experience or walking a human path... Read psalm 104:29-31 and Ecclessiatics 12:7

1 Like

Re: Jesus Knew The World Won't Receive The Spirit Of God Because They Can't See Him by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 29, 2019
If you do not believe in the existence of the Spirit of God because you can't see Him, that's the concept.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest / The Significant Of Moses And Elijah In The Transfiguration Of Christ? / 8 Things I Observed In Religion Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.