Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,859 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:30 PM

Why S.D.A Believers Have Quit Going To Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why S.D.A Believers Have Quit Going To Churches (237 Views)

I Will Quit Going To Church Until I Got An Answer / Pastor Fatoyinbo: Igbos Find It Difficult Donating Money To Churches / Get Wise & Reject Why(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why S.D.A Believers Have Quit Going To Churches by stellapatu: 11:55am On Jul 25, 2019
According to my fellow Adventists I have engaged over the development at our Church, almost all of them are scared with the constant fundraising(s), promotions, several weeks of prayer that comes at a cost, registration and insurance fee for music competition and transport for such events yet no devolve funds back to local Churches…a number are saying, that today if you go to any local SDA Church you will be scared by the high money demand.That they have even devised a method of coercing parents to call their working sons and daughters to send them camp meeting fee(pesa ya makambi/mich kiche) and other Church bills. I remember how Church pastor somewhere kept threatening members to give tithes and offerings failure to which he would promise them bad things. Many of our members are not attending Church services today on this account.By the way, those monies raised in Church through harambees, promotions such as the camp meeting goal(fee) for every Church should be devolved back to those churches to spur development but they carry everything.

How about the sprouting of churches like mushrooms? Today you find churches constructed in less than 200-300metres radius

More details; https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/why-s-d-a-believers-have-quit-going-to-churches

(1) (Reply)

Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / Jesus Is Not The Way – Daddy Freeze / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens :thursday, August 22, 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.