Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,488 members, 7,847,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

Irreplaceable - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Irreplaceable (833 Views)

Beyonce's "Irreplaceable" Is Interesting / Who's Feeling Beyoncé's Irreplaceable.it Is The Best / Beyonce- Irreplaceable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Irreplaceable by alpha1616(m): 1:01pm On May 12, 2007
It was not until recently when there was space in my head to occupy some more extraneous stuff that I really stopped to listen to what Beyonce had to say in her song. I hear the song playing almost everywhere I go, but considering my kind of job, one never really has the luxury of sitting down to songs. So at the end of the day what is left off in my head is just the beat and the rhythm, and of course the “to the left” thing.

I was surprised to hear what I heard on that track. Why go through all that stress to tell a guy not to think he’s irreplaceable? If he were truly replaceable, why not go right ahead and replace him, instead of singing about it, waxing an album and spending close to a quarter of a million dollars on video shoot! I mean, I don’t know if I’m the only one who thinks that way but hey if he’s worth all that stress then he must be truly irreplaceable whether he thinks about it for a second or not!

From all indications, she was referring to JayZ in the song because she was still smarting from the shock she got from the break-up. It wasn’t until I heard the part where she asked him to “drop them keys and hurry up before the taxi leaves” that I was convinced that she was getting nuts. Buy a car for JayZ? A guy who can pay light bills for the whole of Philadelphia and still have enough on his monthly budget to go holidays to Hawaii? What is this girl talking about? If she did that to spite him then it’s just too unfortunate. That was a quite cheap one. She can do better than that!
Re: Irreplaceable by chiogo(f): 1:15pm On May 12, 2007
Lol, what are u talkin' about? Beyonce didn't even write that song, Neyo did. How can she be singing that to jay-z when they sang the "upgrade u" video together and irreplaceable was released before upgrade u, Maybe u got the song wrong.
Re: Irreplaceable by Seyin(f): 2:31pm On May 12, 2007
Chiogo has said it - Neyo wrote the song, not all artists sing their own material and most buy songs that they feel they can promote n sell, matches their lifestyle and believes, women power, political etc it doesn't necessarily have to indicate or refer to any particular situation or person in their lives.
Re: Irreplaceable by alpha1616(m): 7:46pm On May 12, 2007
agreed,  Neyo wrote the song, but she bought it because it kind of fitted into her situatn and she could relate to it.
secondly, if a guy is not irreplaceable, why go through all that stress tellin him,? why not just go ahead and change him? i meannn, that makes sense, don't it?
Re: Irreplaceable by chiogo(f): 8:18pm On May 12, 2007
What stress? Geesh! It's a video and yes, it's supposed to be somewhat believable. Doesn't mean she's going through actual stress behind the curtains and cameras.
Re: Irreplaceable by luvhenry(m): 8:54pm On May 12, 2007
its now am knowing that we have some kolo nairalanders beyonce dedicated bday her album to women all over the world experiencing relationship problems (even if she is not going tru such problems).ok if irreplaceable was for jayz ,why did she sing ring the alarm saying she cant let her man go
i dont tink u know bee well she is so creative and wants to do something new in all her songs be observant
Re: Irreplaceable by chiogo(f): 9:09pm On May 12, 2007
@luvhenry

I believe u're not referrin' to me by sayin' that u have some"kolo nairaland users" 'cause i was def. not talkin' to u neither was i rude in my posts.
Re: Irreplaceable by luvhenry(m): 10:21pm On May 12, 2007
on the contrary its i support u so much the kolo pple know themselves
Re: Irreplaceable by chiogo(f): 10:28pm On May 12, 2007
lol, ok grin
Re: Irreplaceable by sofine5(f): 6:39pm On May 14, 2007
Ne-Yo wrote it alright. In the song she is reffering to having another man after (FILL IN MAN"S NAME HERE).
Re: Irreplaceable by alpha1616(m): 5:43pm On May 15, 2007
hey love whatever it is, hope u wasnt talkin 2 me man. u don't call names around here and if thats the way u get down, i a'int down wt that ok?  i'm not that much of a nice person so don't even go there a'ite.
Re: Irreplaceable by luvhenry(m): 6:04pm On May 15, 2007
is that a threat shocked u gat d green light green means go nairaland dosent need u
Re: Irreplaceable by alpha1616(m): 6:44pm On May 15, 2007
listen man. u cn go o runnin ur mouth, bt im jst gon tell u, dont start dt wt me cos u wont like wot u gon get frm it a'ite. i dont issue threats. i jst dont want 2 get into all this , so dont start wt me ok.
Re: Irreplaceable by luvhenry(m): 2:15pm On May 16, 2007
gist

(1) (Reply)

Rihanna,s Umbrella(remix) / 9ja Independence Events / Watch All 4 New P Square Videos Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.